Chanel No.5

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Chanel No.5

3.2

I have always enjoyed floral frangrances and I found the 50ml eau de toilette at Costco for CAD$59 and I could not pass it up.

I'll admit that although I have been lusting after this for years I was hesitant to buy it because of the "old grandmother" stigma associated with this Chanel classic. I now regret wait for so long. It smells just like jasmine and powder, so timelessly classic, luxurious and elegant and alluring.

The packaging is just gorgeous, like all things Chanel. I think I'm hooked for life.

on 11/15/2015 10:30:00 AM

My first ever fragrance from Chanel. I have always heard so much about No.5 over the years but have never considered getting one to add to my perfume collection. So two months ago,I decided to treat myself and bought the EDP purse spray set. It comes with 2 refills (20ml each) plus an additional tube already inside the beautiful black & gold lacquered case. I was told by the sales associate that there were several types of No.5 and each one has its own uniqueness. I specifically chose the EDP as i was drawn to it and i felt a special connection to the scent. It starts off really strong and slowly turns powdery as it dries. How i would describe NO.5 - Glamorous, confidence,sophistication and timeless. It may not appeal to everyone but i truly feel that this is a classy scent that is worth trying out.

PS : If i have to pick a second fave,it would be the Eau Premiere. :-)

on 2/12/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The scent of this perfume just too mature for my liking. If you like fresh floral scents, this is def not for you

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mom gave me this perfume as my wedding gift in 2007 and I'm still halfway through. It is and still is my mom's all time favorite though. Honestly it wasn't my total favorite but the scent is acceptable and I usually wear it for special occasions like dinner parties or weddings due to it high silage and superb long lasting power. It is seriously a very strong perfume, so use sparingly. It lasts all day so only a little is needed. Smells as if there is a billion types of flowers being squeezed in a bottle. Classically powdery but nice and warmth. It surely made me feel classy and in control. Super pricey indeed for me but will buy it again if I ran out. Reserved only for special occasions only.

on 10/26/2013 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

HG! love this classic, timeless fragrance! wear it all day, everyday! beautiful package, lovely staying power! have soap, moisture mist, body oil, body creme and hair mist as well! ♥♡♥♡

on 10/16/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely adore the bottle and the color. Whenever I see it, I always think of really expensive and luxurious whiskey. It is so classy. Because of the bottle, I always want to buy it but I restrain myself because whenever I test this on my skin, I feel like it is too mature for me. sigh.. I really wish I could like this. lol.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

As one of the world's favourite scents, I've had many encounters with this perfume - of course I have. It was one of the first to use aldehydes - a game changer. And it was supposed to smell clean, and yet have a touch of sexiness, thus rendering it able to bridge the gap between overly flowery perfumes, and the kinky ones used by those of the "demi-mondaine".

When I tried a spray of it my boyfriend told me (after I tried convincing him that it smelled awesome) that I smelled like a soapy papertowel - you know the kinds you get at cheap chinese restaurants?
And I agree - I smelled like cheap soap even after a long time. After getting a second opinion to confirm that the perfume did NOT smell good, I've decided to not purchase it.

on 3/5/2013 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Being an iconic smell, I expected something I would love on the first whiff. However, although it is a lovely, sophisticated scent, it is not really my favorite.

I know it is famous, so I am not sure I am comfortable as of yet to make it one of my everyday scents. Actually, it smells like a pretty, formal, and expensive scent. Not very subtle, and very womanly.

I really love the scent and the packaging is simple yet fancy. I might get it again, but maybe for when I am older.

on 12/22/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Add me to the list of ladies (and gents?) that LOVE the iconic No. 5 fragrance. I even have a huge framed poster of Marilyn Monroe holding a bottle of it in my bedroom :D
When I was younger (and stupid..) I foolishly sold a full size bottle of this on eBay because I didn't like it. (My aunt gifted it to me). I sincerely regret it! It's now one of my favorite perfumes.
I think it smells classy and not at all old lady like but I can see how many people would think that. In the beginning and especially if overused it can smell heavy and oriental? like but I make sure to use it only sparingly during the day as it has the potential to knock you over. I love how it dries down to a nice powdery smell. Definitely still a classic.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

on 11/19/2012 12:07:00 AM