Chanel No.5

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Chanel No.5

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I don't understand the hype. I wonder if people would still celebrate this perfume as much if they didn't know it was Chanel. It smells like talcum powder, and it's a scent I would rather buy for my grandmother than myself. And the price is absolutely ridiculous. In Australia it's about $160 for a 50mL bottle and $200 and something for the 100mL.

on 8/15/2009 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I got this perfume as a present and liked it...at first. However the dry down on me was off putting. It just stank on me! I gave it to a friend who loves it & it smells really good on her. Lovely perfume, just doesn't work on my body chemistry

on 10/6/2008 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I agree with Lucene about this fragrance. Reviewing this EDP based on the first spritz is what I think a lot of dissatisfied reviewers are doing. I can see how a person would think this smells "old ladyish" after spraying it. But the true scent emerges maybe a good 30 minutes to an hour after applying. It dries to a soft vanilla powdery scent thats not at all cutesy or girly, but all woman. I am glad I purchased this!

on 5/14/2006 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have the parfum, and it truly is classic and unlike any other, which was the designers' purpose. My fav from chanel is no. 19, and this one is second. it is sexy, comforting, and warm.

Popular Fragrances