Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

on 5/25/2017 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It's worth the money so I'm not going to complain about the price! I'm a 50's girl at heart and this perfume has stuck by me since I brought my first bottle when I was 18! Absolute love! 💕💕💕

on 11/18/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It took me years to purchase and appreciate this wonderful fragrance. I started sampling No 5 in my early thirties, and it wasn't until 34 that I really started to appreciate this. I never thought that this ever smelled old lady, but I could see how it might be too "mature" smelling for some, or possibly outdated. I do think that my body chemistry and tastes have changed, because anything marketed to 20 somethings or even early 30 somethings does nothing for me anymore, or just smells "off" when I'm wearing it. Even the younger Chanel fragrances like Coco Mademoiselle and Chance are too "young" smelling for me.

I recently stopped wearing any modern fragrances for several reasons. First, longevity is terrible for most fragrances made within the last ten to fifteen years. Second, many of the modern ones are all too common smelling. Thirdly, the classics became classics for a reason. They really do have a timeless appeal to them.

Back to No 5, I wear the EDP. I haven't tried the EDT yet. The EDP is a complex, sophisticated, luxurious smelling perfume on me. This smells powdery on me, but also has other notes to balance it out. It doesn't smell like one note more than another--the formula blends perfectly. This is pure class, elegance, sophistication. I do use a light hand when spraying this, just so it wears close to me, so I'm able to pull this off as an office perfume. I can see how over spraying any perfume just ruins it. Less is more with this one. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way and I probably end up spending less money being that I don't have to use a lot.

Falling in love with No 5.....

on 7/7/2014 11:03:00 AM

Vintage EDT.

A truly perfectly balanced floral done in the way only Chanel could do. It is delicate and classy as well as being alluring and sensual, as if giving off a warm glow around the person who wears it, like a soft, golden "aura" following them.

It is subtle, but it compliments your own natural skin beautifully and it a natural way... as if enhancing your presence and making you feel beautiful and confident at the same time.

Ernest Beaux, the genius that he was, knew women so well, this fragrance seems to work and adapt differently on each persons skin. It has universal appeal... and works well with women of ANY culture, creed or generation. There is a reason why this one is hard to beat, even after 90 years, and why it will still be around 90 years from now.

on 4/19/2014 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Extreme migraine trigger, can't come near anyone wearing this. Pretty, but not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I was young I didnt like this perfume. I thought it was for mature women. However, when I turned 50 years old I bought it and I felt in love with it. At my age I find it very sensual and sophisticated. It is not my signature scent, but I use it on special occasions. Certainly is a perfume that I return to buy when it's over.

on 4/10/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this perfume due to the marketing and from the crazed hype over this product featured in magazines. The service and special feeling of purchasing a Chanel product also added to the experience. However, the scent on the testing paper and me was totally different which I was extremely disappointed. On me it became a scent that I would associate with more mature perfume users. However, after a few hours had passed, it become a beautiful scent.

I am quite conflicted over this perfume as I dislike the overpowering initial scent but do love the resulting scent once the initial scent dissipates. However, due to the longevity of this perfume which i find quite rare, i have decided to give it a higher rating.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just love this scent. It's a timeless classic. I will repurchase this over & over. You have to be careful not to spray too much, one or two sprays is all you need or it is way to strong. It's expensive but hay it's Chanel ;)

on 4/23/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This perfume, is the perfume I think about when I hear the words Confident, Woman, Strong, Elegant, Chic, Seductive, Classy, Mysterious. I even tend to move around a bit slower than usual when I have it on, in an attempt to gain more elegance and grace in my movements. In my honest opinion, you shouldn't wear this until you reach a certain age (24-25) as this perfume will definitely wear you instead and you will smell like you've been playing with mom's stuff.
This perfume is the one I want to keep growing up with and grow old with. When I think about my marriage, honeymoon, special date with my husband, this is the scent I want to have on. It's the fragrance I would like to have on at my own funerals.
Chanel No 5 is a 100% perfect for me, in every single way...on the very top of my list.
Do I need to say that I will buy this again?

on 12/22/2012 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Add me to the list of ladies (and gents?) that LOVE the iconic No. 5 fragrance. I even have a huge framed poster of Marilyn Monroe holding a bottle of it in my bedroom :D
When I was younger (and stupid..) I foolishly sold a full size bottle of this on eBay because I didn't like it. (My aunt gifted it to me). I sincerely regret it! It's now one of my favorite perfumes.
I think it smells classy and not at all old lady like but I can see how many people would think that. In the beginning and especially if overused it can smell heavy and oriental? like but I make sure to use it only sparingly during the day as it has the potential to knock you over. I love how it dries down to a nice powdery smell. Definitely still a classic.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My absolute favorite fragrance! I'm 25 and wear this everyday. It it's not an old lady scent...it is pretty and sophisticated. If you think this is old lady smelling, I'm going to assume you haven't smelled estee lauder youth dew!!

Popular Fragrances