Chanel No.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not repurchase

on 10/5/2016 4:52:00 PM

Love! This review is for the eau de toilette. The formula has changed and is easier to wear for me than in years past. I did appreciate the older formula, but found it too formal for most occasions. This is sparkling yet not loud.

on 8/6/2015 8:34:00 AM

This is kind of a heady scent, a little old lady like, but there is something about it that is just so intriguing. I received a second-hand bottle of it, but I cannot help but to come back to it every so often. I like to wear this out to dinner- it has that romantic, old-school going out vibe. Although I certainly appreciate the bottle that I have, I would not repurchase because there are so many other scents I want to try!

on 7/11/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried to wear this when I was in my early 20s...and it just didn't work for me at the time...I LOVED the scent, but felt it just didn't sit right with my body chemistry..My boyfriend purchased this for me recently, and I just love it now! Normally, I can't wear florals, but this one works for me...just smells rich and classy. My new favorite.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Sorry ladies to old ladie! Try madaomoale

on 3/7/2014 5:10:00 PM

Iconic. Sophisticated. This is my "signature scent"

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the current formulation of the Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum.

There is a reason Marilyn Monroe only wore drops of Chanel No. 5 to bed. It is probably the most romantic perfume I've ever smelled. The roses are very prominent to me, but they are clean roses. Like gorgeous rose soaps (the aldehydes often create a soapy, clean smell). This fragrance is so feminine and womanly. I love to wear this during the day, but it is definitely fitted for a romantic evening with your special someone, so I try not to wear it too often. It is made even more special when you layer this with the No. 5 Velvet Body Cream.

For those people saying this smells "old lady", I'd be happy to smell like any "old lady" who wears this, because she surely must be elegant, sophisticated, feminine, and timelessly classic.

Chanel No. 5 is my signature, along with Coco Noir, as they both reflect different parts of my personality. Coco Noir is my outward personality, it is what I convey to everyone I know: confident, sophisticated, and glamorous. Chanel No. 5, is my private personality, where I feel a bit more vulnerable, romantic, womanly, and whimsical.

For modern sensuality and elegance, I would wear Coco Noir.
For timeless romance and the ultimate femininity, I would chose Chanel No. 5.

I will always have a bottle of No. 5 and the body cream on hand. The epitome of romance and luxury.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Can't believe I paid so much for this!!!

Not "old lady," but not the trendy, fruity/floral stuff we're use to today. Some others described it like this.

I just didn't like the smell. It wasn't horrid but it wasn't worth the 120 dollars I paid for this!!

on 10/28/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have never understand the hype behind this, it smells of old people? Except it being Chanel, I don't see how it's got so many glowing reviews...

on 10/26/2013 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

HG! love this classic, timeless fragrance! wear it all day, everyday! beautiful package, lovely staying power! have soap, moisture mist, body oil, body creme and hair mist as well! ♥♡♥♡

Popular Fragrances