Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.7

on 9/22/2017 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Channel number 5 used to be my mom's favourite until formulation was changed to add synthetic fragrance. People like my mom know the difference right away. Chanel, why? Is it because the bees are dying? Now we like to use essential oils from trusted sources. We stopped buying department store fragrances unless we know it is all natural .Why pay money for contributors of hormonal imbalance? We only buy perfumes that are 100% natural. We still have leftover fragrances from purchases of decades ago and samples.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this at first, now it's a bit too synthetic for my liking :( it's got a powdery smell that I got over pretty quickly

on 1/29/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It is impossible to not give this perfume a five star rating, and I also think it's impossible to be objective about it, given its legendary status. When I turned 26, I asked my father for a bottle of this as a birthday present, and he got me a whopping 100ml bottle of the EDP (I love my dad). I figured it was time - time to embrace myself as a woman and declare it boldly - I am no shrinking violet! What I like about the EDP is that it is not as aldehydic as the other formulations, even though I have actually grown to like aldehydes through appreciating this fragrance. But my absolute favourite part of this perfume is the heart notes of lush jasmine and rose that just remind me of liquid gold, heavy and substantial and ultrafeminine. I actually think this is best worn with jeans and a t-shirt, upending the conventions of it being a dressed up perfume, and with a bit of a rock and roll attitude. I definitely reach for it more in the winter when heavier scents are comforting, and also when I need a boost of confidence. When I need to feel like I am a real woman- with a woman's scent.

I have definitely gotten compliments on this perfume, and I love the scent of it on sheets or warm winter jumpers...

on 12/27/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute HG fragrance. There is nothing lovelier on the market. I tried this fragrance in my 20's and it didn't really appeal to me. I recently tried it again, now 40, and I want to kick myself for not trying it sooner. It epitomizes femininity and sophiatication. It is fresh aND clean. I have also tried the edt and eau premiere, but the eau de parfum is my absolute favorite, by far and works best with my body chemistry.

This perfume is really nice I do enjoy wearing it out to dinner with my boyfriend. He says he really likes it too.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The smell is ok I just think for being Chanel it would be a lot better. Get Chance by Chanel instead.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was first given to me by a friend someone gave her but the smell was too strong for her and she kept sneezing she said she felt like she couldn't breathe whatever. Anyways I'm really indifferent about this fragrance I don't love it I don't hate it. But I do prefer Coco mademoiselle

on 3/2/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I always love having a bottle this in the Parum Spray. However, the No. 5 body crme is unbelievable! Just a teeny, tiny dab give fabulous fragrance. My husband loves this. I put a very small amount on a week and two days ago and my after-bath sweats still smell No. 5.

on 2/12/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The scent of this perfume just too mature for my liking. If you like fresh floral scents, this is def not for you

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My No. 5 perfume literally spoiled and went sour because I couldn't bear to use it over the course of a few years. What a shame to waste such a pricey bottle of juice. All I can say is I'm one for unique, sexy, and sophisticated fragrances that nobody around me wears or can pinpoint. This one is old lady trapped in a bottle. I don't care if it's Chanel, which I covet. Men hate it and it gives me a headache.

Popular Fragrances