Chanel No.5

Filtered by skin type : Other
Chanel No.5

3.6

on 2/7/2016 8:21:00 PM

Am I the only one who likes this after the re-formulation? I used to really dislike this, thought it smelled too heavy and old school in the tropical climate where I live in. Re-visited this recently when I was shopping for perfumes and I was blown over by it. I tried the EDP version and the smell lasted whole day. I love smelling like I just stepped out from a shower. It smells fresh and yet sensual. My husband love this as well.

For reference, I like perfumes such as Issey Miyake, Calvin Klein's Escape, Estee's Pleasures, Coco Mademoiselle, Penhaligon's Vara and Empress.

on 12/13/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Chanel No.5 was the very first fragrance that I purchased for myself when I was about 14 yrs old,I'm now 50..I've dabbled in other more trendy fragrances,but they're either to rich smelling or to cheap..I disagree that No 5 is old lady,strong and absolutely not cheap smelling..chemically I can understand at first,this is because it's an Adelhydic fragrance..I receive compliments every time I wear it.My daughter who if 16 loves it,but then again she's never enjoyed Body Splashes or the "Paris Hilton" perfumes...It's an elegant fragrance,drys powdery..It's beautiful!

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Warm, sweet with a smooth crispness all at the same time.
Soft and feminine. Dries to vanilla.
I actually feel comfortable wearing this one at anytime but would like it to be stronger and last longer.
The formulation here is so weak, its a EDP but I have to put my nose right up close to smell it, just a few minutes after I spritz it on it becomes a skin scent. It does start off a little stronger but rapidly looses its strength within a very short while and is completely gone in a few hours.
The reason I like this scent a lot is because it reminds me of a holiday caravan park. In the communal ladies bathroom I use to smell this and always wondered what it was and now I know. It is definitely the exact same scent but weaker. This is store bought so I know its genuine. I'm am disappointed with the strength

on 5/15/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Bona fide, textbook Classic. I loved that it was (arguably) the first abstract perfume, smelling like nothing but itself. My mother wore Shalimar and Rive Gauche, so I don't have a family history or association with No. 5. The first bottle I bought was a splash bottle of EDT; Coco had just come out but I felt I should start with the benchmark. I didn't get it: too clean, too streamlined, not really...there? A little too sophisticated for an 18 year old.
Years later, my more educated nose (and brain) learned, compared, and now adores it. I like older bottles of the EDT which have more personality and oomph than the modern. And now I've just been gifted with the new EDP by my husband, and I love it even more. Plush without heaviness, luxe, gilded, but wearable with anything, anytime.
True luxury and beauty that anyone can own.

Skin: Other, Deep Dark, Not Sure

You have to believe me when i say i wanted to love this perfume. I wanted to embody the iconic fragrance and i have tried to make this work for me. I tried it before bed, in the morning, before and after workout, Before and after various lotions and it still read detergent and roses, baby powder and dryer sheets. but it looks good on the dressing table though. Im so sad. I guess i cant channel my inner monroe

on 10/27/2012 4:09:00 PM

i actually registered on the site just to leave a comment in this thread!! i want to say i absolutely detest chanel no. 5, i say that cos altho im a 31yr old guy i live with my elderly parents and my mom wears it quite often...it makes me feel sick and i literally cant stand being in the room with it!!!

What can i say? its the most classy fragnance ever. I love it...Ive heard that when Chanel No.5 fist came up, it divided people into two groups -the ones who hated it and the ones who loved it. Nothing between didnt exist. And its like that until these days. I never met someone who said: "Chanel No.5? I dont know...I guess...its not that bad...or good". You just have to try for yourself if you like it or not... continued >>

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I don't understand the hype. I wonder if people would still celebrate this perfume as much if they didn't know it was Chanel. It smells like talcum powder, and it's a scent I would rather buy for my grandmother than myself. And the price is absolutely ridiculous. In Australia it's about $160 for a 50mL bottle and $200 and something for the 100mL.

on 8/20/2011 6:02:00 PM

I would wear this if in the mood to wear it. This newer version is not as choking as I remember and I quite like the dry down. It lasts on me. I think I might enjoy the soap, powder or lotion as an alternative.

on 2/11/2011 12:59:00 PM

This product smelled like dead feces one hour later on my mother. Major body chemistry clash. It completely turned me off. Literally stinky dead feces or maybe something a lady sprays on during her trip from U.S to Germany and three days later, you hug her. What you can imagine old rotten perfume to smell like on, oh and she's heavy set, and dressed in layers. I couldn't take it. I hope this wasn't how it smelled on me because I was raving yesterday till I smelled it on my mom a hour later. Perfume should work the same on ALL people not some. For this reason, will never buy again. I found Mary-Kate and Ashley perfume smelled better anyways. Maybe I just need another sniff of Chanel no 5 to fall madly in love again. Maybe...will never know (am out of my sample btw which is what am basing review on).

Popular Fragrances