Chanel No.5

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Chanel No.5

3.6

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Warm, sweet with a smooth crispness all at the same time.
Soft and feminine. Dries to vanilla.
I actually feel comfortable wearing this one at anytime but would like it to be stronger and last longer.
The formulation here is so weak, its a EDP but I have to put my nose right up close to smell it, just a few minutes after I spritz it on it becomes a skin scent. It does start off a little stronger but rapidly looses its strength within a very short while and is completely gone in a few hours.
The reason I like this scent a lot is because it reminds me of a holiday caravan park. In the communal ladies bathroom I use to smell this and always wondered what it was and now I know. It is definitely the exact same scent but weaker. This is store bought so I know its genuine. I'm am disappointed with the strength

on 1/28/2013 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Such an iconic fragrance. Most famous I think for its association with Marilyn Monroe. My advice to those first trying it would be to go with the Eau de Toilette. There is a big difference between the concentrations of this fragrance. I have tried them all and while all gorgeous, the most wearable for me are the body products and the edt. You still get the essence of No.5 but in a much lighter, fresher way. The only thing is I wish the edt lasted longer on my skin.

on 10/27/2012 4:09:00 PM

i actually registered on the site just to leave a comment in this thread!! i want to say i absolutely detest chanel no. 5, i say that cos altho im a 31yr old guy i live with my elderly parents and my mom wears it quite often...it makes me feel sick and i literally cant stand being in the room with it!!!

on 7/28/2012 4:46:00 PM

Love this one in all its varieties -- EdT, EdP, parfum, and cologne (especially vintage). It has a timeless, ageless feel to it, always stunning, no matter if you're going to a formal event, to work, or just hanging out. There is a reason it is an icon and is as popular know as it was when first introduced.

What can i say? its the most classy fragnance ever. I love it...Ive heard that when Chanel No.5 fist came up, it divided people into two groups -the ones who hated it and the ones who loved it. Nothing between didnt exist. And its like that until these days. I never met someone who said: "Chanel No.5? I dont know...I guess...its not that bad...or good". You just have to try for yourself if you like it or not... continued >>

on 5/15/2012 8:36:00 AM

Chanel N5 is highly over-rated and so blxxdy expensive. Its a must have because it's a cult and it is claimed that its the most bought item in the world. I have many cheapy perfume that smells much more pleasant than Chanel N5. However, I will not give it away as it is a keep sake and I will never buy it again.

For adelyhic floral, VCA First is many many times more comfortable smelling and smells more high class and elegant than CN5. CN5 smells similar to Grey Flannel. It wont even qualify to be my air freshner and will never buy it again. CN5 is last on my list after Guerlain HR, Heritage, JHAG LV, Agt Provocateur, Glow, I love Paris, Tous Gold, Chloe Love and many more.

I never thought I would say this but I love Chanel no.5. I don't like the edp but I love the edt and the cologne. Cologne has been discontinued and the current edt is rather blah. But the vintage edt...WOW! It is so much better, really awesome. And it will be available on e-bay for years to come, so if you like Chanel no.5, that is the way to go!

on 8/20/2011 6:02:00 PM

I would wear this if in the mood to wear it. This newer version is not as choking as I remember and I quite like the dry down. It lasts on me. I think I might enjoy the soap, powder or lotion as an alternative.

on 2/11/2011 12:59:00 PM

This product smelled like dead feces one hour later on my mother. Major body chemistry clash. It completely turned me off. Literally stinky dead feces or maybe something a lady sprays on during her trip from U.S to Germany and three days later, you hug her. What you can imagine old rotten perfume to smell like on, oh and she's heavy set, and dressed in layers. I couldn't take it. I hope this wasn't how it smelled on me because I was raving yesterday till I smelled it on my mom a hour later. Perfume should work the same on ALL people not some. For this reason, will never buy again. I found Mary-Kate and Ashley perfume smelled better anyways. Maybe I just need another sniff of Chanel no 5 to fall madly in love again. Maybe...will never know (am out of my sample btw which is what am basing review on).

on 9/21/2010 4:36:00 AM

The smell is complex, but I don't enjoy it. I don't see the appeal.

Popular Fragrances