CHANEL No.5

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
CHANEL No.5

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Sorry ladies to old ladie! Try madaomoale

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I can understand the hype behind Coco Mademoiselle and Chance, but I am sorry... I do not understand the hype behind this perfume. It is extremely strong first of all. I ALL for a long last scent like coco mademoiselle, but this one burns your nose. To top it off it is a very powdery, soapy scent. No hint of sexyness at all. I mean, it's Chanel so I understand the price tag, but why people call this a timeless scent or a sexy scent is beyond me.. It's awful. Smells like an old lady...

on 11/27/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff smells horrible! I was so excited to smell it at the Chanel counter, I wanted to gag. The only reason I ever wanted to smell it was because Marilyn Monroe wore it. I wish she could have picked something better because I definitely don't see anyone under 50 wearing this. The smell is so strong....it reminds me of those old ladies who over do it in church. I don't care that this is a "classic" it smells cheap and awful.

on 10/27/2012 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Sorry, I've really tried to like this, but don't. There is something smell-bad about it, and it's not just the fact that it's an old-lady perfume. There are very old perfumes by Guerlain like L'Heure Bleue that I can still find something to like about. Not Chanel No. 5. Although the ads and commercials are great! I guess they have to be, right, in order to sell it? ;-)

on 5/27/2011 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I sprayed this on me when I was at Le Bay few weeks ago. I almost jumped out of my skin at how bad this perfume smelled. It reminded me of an old grandaunt who keeps leftover perfumes from 30 years ago and they have all gone funky and horrid. I couldn't wait to run to the bathroom to wash it off from me. I read that Marilyn Monroe claimed this was the only thing she wore to bed, but Marilyn isn't living in 2011 where perfumes have evolved, tastes have changed and we are now spoilt for choices. I consider myself quite an old-fashioned girl at heart but even then, this perfume is just too old-smelling.

on 1/24/2010 9:12:00 PM

To me, this is a very yucky moth ball smell. I know it's Chanels number 1 fragrance, but man I couldn't wait to get this off. Just not for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

To me, it smells like flowers, baby powder and a whole bunch of cleaning solutions mixed together. Too overpowering for me.

on 1/10/2006 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Yes, I'm one of the few people who can't stand this fragrance. I really tried...with all the history and tradition tied up in it and the classy associations (French fashion, Marilyn Monroe, etc.), I wanted to like it. But, it gives me a terrible headache and smells like bug spray to me. Not just because of my body chemistry - I have friends who wear it and they just reek! Maybe they're wearing too much and just a little wouldn't bother me as badly. I can't wear it myself, though. Must be all the aldehydes or something... my nose finds it offensive. : (

on 10/25/2004 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells cheap and old-ladysh to me. Would never buy it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I don't own this perfume, but my mum has it as its one of her faves. Not too keen on this one... very powdery smell, which I would think would be a good thing, but like many other Chanel perfumes, it is OH SO STRONG!!! I never like a perfume that over-powers a whole ROOM (perfect example, Chanel Mademoiselle! Urgh!!!) Maybe this one would be best dabbed on, rather than sprayed on, as a little goes a long way. Giving this a 2, cos it smells nice on my mum :-)

Popular Fragrances