Chanel No.5

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Chanel No.5

3.6

on 1/13/2018 12:03:00 PM

My mom used to love and wear this fragrance and I wanted to also, but it does not work on me. The civet in this really shines through on me and it reminds me of cat pee on my skin. Smells wonderful on my sister, but me - yuck.

on 9/22/2017 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Channel number 5 used to be my mom's favourite until formulation was changed to add synthetic fragrance. People like my mom know the difference right away. Chanel, why? Is it because the bees are dying? Now we like to use essential oils from trusted sources. We stopped buying department store fragrances unless we know it is all natural .Why pay money for contributors of hormonal imbalance? We only buy perfumes that are 100% natural. We still have leftover fragrances from purchases of decades ago and samples.

on 9/4/2015 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I received this as a gift. I realize scent is subjective, but to me this smells like diaper cream and I can't stand it. I really like Chance by Chanel and was able to exchange the No. 5 for a bottle of Chance. I don't understand all the fuss about this perfume. But to many women it's iconic. I'll leave it to them.

on 3/11/2015 12:24:00 PM

This perfume should be named "essence of grandma". It smells old and powdery. Simply horrific!

Grandma alert! So disgusting. I don't care how iconic this is; it's overpowering and reeks!! I get nauseous just smelling the sprayer.

on 4/19/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Extreme migraine trigger, can't come near anyone wearing this. Pretty, but not worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I truly have never understood all the hype with this perfume. Everytime I smell it, it reminds me of a very old man's cologne mixed with burned band-aids or something. Awful. I have also never got a pleasant sniff of anyone who was wearing it. One day I saw an old friend of mine... and I asked her when perfume she was wearing (so I would NOT ever even think of smelling it in the store), and guess what it was? You guessed it.
This is just not for me, but Chanel must be doing something right because it's been iconic for generations.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

As one of the world's favourite scents, I've had many encounters with this perfume - of course I have. It was one of the first to use aldehydes - a game changer. And it was supposed to smell clean, and yet have a touch of sexiness, thus rendering it able to bridge the gap between overly flowery perfumes, and the kinky ones used by those of the "demi-mondaine".

When I tried a spray of it my boyfriend told me (after I tried convincing him that it smelled awesome) that I smelled like a soapy papertowel - you know the kinds you get at cheap chinese restaurants?
And I agree - I smelled like cheap soap even after a long time. After getting a second opinion to confirm that the perfume did NOT smell good, I've decided to not purchase it.

My husband bought me this for X-Mas and bought the wrong Chanel. He bought this instead of Chanel Chance which I love. Chanel N 5 seriously smells like an old lady... I hate this perfume..

Oh lord... this is the one that makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it... my experience with chanal 5 isnt so good... I remember picking up this bottle and smelling it thinking it was going to be good because marilyn monroe wore it and she was so stunning and glam gurrrl was I WRONG. I got a rush of cheap soapy plastic flowers that you get for tombstones... How can this be popular? It stinks to me like cheap detergent... shouldn't even cost 125 dollars it just isnt worth it.. I sprayed it on my hand and it was just soap... if I wanted soap I would just stick to body wash. Glad I didnt' drop 125 for dial in a bottle.

Popular Fragrances