Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.6

on 11/15/2001 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Medium

Too "grown up" smell for me, think it's heavy and a little boring.

on 11/21/2001 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have always wanted to love this fragrance, because it is classic and nothing else smells like it. It's a true perfume, not like the myriad of fruity-floral-spicy concoctions that bombard department store counters. (Don't get me wrong: I do enjoy lighter scents as well, but so many fragrances smell exactly alike). About 7 years ago I tested this scent on my arm and found it too heavy. However, now I LOVE it. I find the warm, rich scent very comforting, and it wears very well on me throughout the day. I am pleased to have finally fallen madly in love with the fragrance that I've always thought of as the Dom Perignon of perfumes.

on 1/14/2002 1:58:00 AM

I love this! However, I use ONLY the body oil and lotion, which give a much different scent than the EDP which I used to wear, which is where I think people are getting that "old lady smell". The oil and lotion are COMPLETELY different smelling, at least to me and to others who smell it. People always comment how great I smell when I wear the lotion, which I've started doing with all my fragrances.

Too powdery and chemical-smelling for me. The famous bottle is lovely, though. Yes, I care about things like that. :)

on 7/2/2002 11:24:00 PM

Christian is right on the money. Totally overrated. Aldehydic and powdery. Smells just like my grandmother! I'll stick with Cristalle and Coco!

on 8/27/2002 6:22:00 PM

I str5ongly dislike it it's heavy and very overrated, smells pungent to me,

Ok, This is a classic. Monroe's signature fragrance. It smells awful to me. I find it very dime store hooker smelling. Reminiscent of Bug Spray.

on 10/28/2002 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A true classic. According to Marilyn Monroe it was all she wore in bed. Coco Chanel selected this from 5 samples given to her by the creator, Ernest Beaux in 1921. She kept the number because 5 was her lucky number.
Classified as a floral aldehyde. Top notes are neroli, Ylang Ylang, and the dreaded aldehydes. Heart notes are jasmine, rose, iris and lily of the valley. Base notes are sandalwood, oak moss,civet, vanilla, and vetiver.
The EDT is a pretty awful fragrance. The perfume, very nice. It is one that I can wear only on occasion as I am very sensitive to aldehydes and they can make me queasy and headachy. If you try this one, I suggest getting the perfume. It is totally different and much easier to wear and the notes emerge much more softly.

on 11/4/2002 6:57:00 PM

This is my first love among fragrances that I rarely wear, but would never want to be without. Smooth and creamy aldehydes melt into a beautiful floral bouquet...sweet, yet reserved...it makes me feel ultra-feminine and dressed-up. I own and like both the EDT and the parfum.

on 12/2/2002 12:41:00 PM

OMG I love chance but I can not stand this . I mean who wears this perfume??? 100 year olds?? serisouly it doesn't even smell like perfume to me.

Popular Fragrances