Chanel No.5

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
Chanel No.5

4.1

on 11/30/2017 4:08:00 PM

Only the extrait concentration is close to the real thing, and I keep on buying some vintage bottles. EDT and EDP are certainly still elegant fragrances - far better than the sad new Gabrielle - yet they are not exactly Chanel 5 due to regulatory nonsenses that push brands to ruin masterpieces.

What can I say, I've sampled this fragrance in different versions for years and the verdict is in. The vintage eau de cologne is the absolute best! I am totally seduced by this fragrance, It's 5 star for sure. This is what the hype was all about! It has been discontinued unfortunately. The modern No. 5 is a about a 3 star. I have an edp from 06 or 07 and in all honestly, I tried to like it and used it a few times and every time I end up not happy with the end result. I really don't care for it much in this formulation, it's too bitter and chemical and doesn't seem to warm up to my skin, this one doesn't work for me. They are all different scents in each one you know, No. 5. The edt and modern parfum are nice, but I need a vintage perfume because I know it will be marvelous and of course as much edc I can find. I will settle for a vintage edt to lol! For those who think the perfumes are too strong you may like the bath soaps and lotions, they are wonderful. The scent is not for everyone, Thank God!

on 9/4/2015 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I received this as a gift. I realize scent is subjective, but to me this smells like diaper cream and I can't stand it. I really like Chance by Chanel and was able to exchange the No. 5 for a bottle of Chance. I don't understand all the fuss about this perfume. But to many women it's iconic. I'll leave it to them.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I was young I didnīt like this perfume. I thought it was for mature women. However, when I turned 50 years old I bought it and I felt in love with it. At my age I find it very sensual and sophisticated. It is not my signature scent, but I use it on special occasions. Certainly is a perfume that I return to buy when it's over.

on 12/4/2013 12:03:00 AM

Three times in my life I have been gifted with No. 5. Three times I have given it away to other people. On me this smells like a stuffy unclean motel room: a combination of body odour, recent sexual activity and air freshener. Every time I have worn it, I have asked friends what they think and all of them have said it's revolting on me. I've also tried testers over the years, in case the bottles I was given were fake or had gone off. Nope, it's just my body chemistry and No. 5 clash very badly. On the other hand this smells fantastic on my mum - clean, elegant and just slightly sexy. In fact it is one of only two perfumes she can wear. This is the only reason I gave it two instead of one.

on 11/13/2012 6:07:00 PM

Great classic, timeless frangrance. Used many over the years but always come back to this. Jean-Paul Gaultier is my 1st fav and Chanel is a close second. I will never be without these 2. Both are feminine and sexy-also long lasting. This review is for the Premier #5. A bit lighter than the regular Chanel #5.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The ultimate wear anywhere classic!

on 9/26/2012 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Classic. Beautiful.
I have had a bottle of this on my dresser since I was 16 years old. I will never be without it.
Old lady fragrance my foot. This is a beautifully put together fragrance.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Coco Chanel made three versions of this perfume, the actual parfume, the edp, and the edt. If you cannot afford the original parfume (about $100 per oz). try the edt. It smells the closest to the real thing. The edp has burbon added (in the 1980's). That addition makes it smell different than the parfume or the edt. Also, the edt comes in a 1oz bottle for $55.00, not bad for a taste of Paris luxe. Besides, it NEVER goes out of style.

on 6/10/2010 6:00:00 PM

Isn't the psychology behind the choice of a fragrance so interesting?

Before I left the corporate world, this was my "power suit" of fragrances! Unmistakable, but a little goes a long was.

As much as I love it, I don't find it works for me as an everyday fragrance. Especially in the summer. The bath products are an exception. The bath oil, soaps etc are amazing anytime you want to feel really special. Sometimes I will even dab on just a bit before bed, for great dreams.

So even though I'm more of a Coco girl, I always have this on hand!

It's kinda cool being old enough to know how to handle a fragrance as iconic as this!

Popular Fragrances