CHANEL No.5

CHANEL No.5

1.3

on 5/27/2011 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I sprayed this on me when I was at Le Bay few weeks ago. I almost jumped out of my skin at how bad this perfume smelled. It reminded me of an old grandaunt who keeps leftover perfumes from 30 years ago and they have all gone funky and horrid. I couldn't wait to run to the bathroom to wash it off from me. I read that Marilyn Monroe claimed this was the only thing she wore to bed, but Marilyn isn't living in 2011 where perfumes have evolved, tastes have changed and we are now spoilt for choices. I consider myself quite an old-fashioned girl at heart but even then, this perfume is just too old-smelling.

on 1/27/2006 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used to wear this way back in high school, so I thought I'd give it another try. I didn't like it at all this time around. Too old ladyish for me. Too stuffy. I much prefer Chanel Allure.

on 1/10/2006 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Yes, I'm one of the few people who can't stand this fragrance. I really tried...with all the history and tradition tied up in it and the classy associations (French fashion, Marilyn Monroe, etc.), I wanted to like it. But, it gives me a terrible headache and smells like bug spray to me. Not just because of my body chemistry - I have friends who wear it and they just reek! Maybe they're wearing too much and just a little wouldn't bother me as badly. I can't wear it myself, though. Must be all the aldehydes or something... my nose finds it offensive. : (

Popular Fragrances