CHANEL No.5

CHANEL No.5

3.6

on 10/27/2018 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Years ago I thought this was wonderful, always tested it in stores and when I finally purchased the big bottle I found it included a strong smell akin to rubbing alcohol. I think I got a bad batch or the recipe was changed drastically. Very disappointed, I thought of reselling but didn't in-case it is a bad batch.

on 11/29/2017 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's weird as 10 years back I really didn't like No 5, not at all actually. Meanwhile, I don't know why, but I really started to love the unique note No 5 has. I still don't own the orginial scent as it is just too heavy for my nose although I actually like it. There is something that is disturbing the main note in it, I guess it's lily of the valley. But, I'm so happy that Chanel decided to create new kinds of No 5, and I found Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere to be the perfect No 5 for me. Fresher, lighter, without the heave lily of the valley note, and still the unique aldehyde No 5 note I like so much.

I bought this as 1 of my first “serious” perfumes I bought for myself can’t say I really appreciated it when I was early 20s. Now that I’m 40 I can totally appreciate this awesome thing that IS chanel no. 5 it’s soapiness & Chanel’s own Rosebeds cleanliness next to godliness this smells like luxury. It’s a beautiful feminine scent I think “can” take age to appreciate. I’ve got the soap also. Smells like freshly showered & lotioned skin. Sexy!

I have always enjoyed floral frangrances and I found the 50ml eau de toilette at Costco for CAD$59 and I could not pass it up.

I'll admit that although I have been lusting after this for years I was hesitant to buy it because of the "old grandmother" stigma associated with this Chanel classic. I now regret wait for so long. It smells just like jasmine and powder, so timelessly classic, luxurious and elegant and alluring.

The packaging is just gorgeous, like all things Chanel. I think I'm hooked for life.

on 10/5/2016 4:52:00 PM

Love! This review is for the eau de toilette. The formula has changed and is easier to wear for me than in years past. I did appreciate the older formula, but found it too formal for most occasions. This is sparkling yet not loud.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this at first, now it's a bit too synthetic for my liking :( it's got a powdery smell that I got over pretty quickly

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just purchased the Chanel No.5 body oil and I am in loooove!! I'm sad that it's limited edition thou because I would love to be able to repurchase when I run out of this bottle. Here is my video that includes this lovely product:

on 2/7/2016 8:21:00 PM

Am I the only one who likes this after the re-formulation? I used to really dislike this, thought it smelled too heavy and old school in the tropical climate where I live in. Re-visited this recently when I was shopping for perfumes and I was blown over by it. I tried the EDP version and the smell lasted whole day. I love smelling like I just stepped out from a shower. It smells fresh and yet sensual. My husband love this as well.

For reference, I like perfumes such as Issey Miyake, Calvin Klein's Escape, Estee's Pleasures, Coco Mademoiselle, Penhaligon's Vara and Empress.

on 12/27/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute HG fragrance. There is nothing lovelier on the market. I tried this fragrance in my 20's and it didn't really appeal to me. I recently tried it again, now 40, and I want to kick myself for not trying it sooner. It epitomizes femininity and sophiatication. It is fresh aND clean. I have also tried the edt and eau premiere, but the eau de parfum is my absolute favorite, by far and works best with my body chemistry.

Finally I have tried a sample of the legend , and collected the courage to add my own review , this is not a scent , this is a legendary character , I feel it's alive ! ..That's why you should wait for the right time till you can deal with it ..To all young girls , or those who haven't had the story of their life yet , wait & see ...I should also add it's a shape shifting perfume , the Mystique of the x -character , It kind of gives you the shape & conduct you have always have been a bit timid to do or try ..
Update I wore it to the most life changing date of my life and it stood up exactly to its great reputation :) Ladies , this is the scent you wear when you have the story of your life , this is not just something nice to add or play with ..Merci Mademoiselle Chanel for 100 years of encouraging women to be just feminine and being THEM :)