Chanel No.5

Filtered by age: 36-43
Chanel No.5

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as 1 of my first “serious” perfumes I bought for myself can’t say I really appreciated it when I was early 20s. Now that I’m 40 I can totally appreciate this awesome thing that IS chanel no. 5 it’s soapiness & Chanel’s own Rosebeds cleanliness next to godliness this smells like luxury. It’s a beautiful feminine scent I think “can” take age to appreciate. I’ve got the soap also. Smells like freshly showered & lotioned skin. Sexy!

I have always enjoyed floral frangrances and I found the 50ml eau de toilette at Costco for CAD$59 and I could not pass it up.

I'll admit that although I have been lusting after this for years I was hesitant to buy it because of the "old grandmother" stigma associated with this Chanel classic. I now regret wait for so long. It smells just like jasmine and powder, so timelessly classic, luxurious and elegant and alluring.

The packaging is just gorgeous, like all things Chanel. I think I'm hooked for life.

on 10/5/2016 4:52:00 PM

Love! This review is for the eau de toilette. The formula has changed and is easier to wear for me than in years past. I did appreciate the older formula, but found it too formal for most occasions. This is sparkling yet not loud.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this at first, now it's a bit too synthetic for my liking :( it's got a powdery smell that I got over pretty quickly

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just purchased the Chanel No.5 body oil and I am in loooove!! I'm sad that it's limited edition thou because I would love to be able to repurchase when I run out of this bottle. Here is my video that includes this lovely product:

on 2/7/2016 8:21:00 PM

Am I the only one who likes this after the re-formulation? I used to really dislike this, thought it smelled too heavy and old school in the tropical climate where I live in. Re-visited this recently when I was shopping for perfumes and I was blown over by it. I tried the EDP version and the smell lasted whole day. I love smelling like I just stepped out from a shower. It smells fresh and yet sensual. My husband love this as well.

For reference, I like perfumes such as Issey Miyake, Calvin Klein's Escape, Estee's Pleasures, Coco Mademoiselle, Penhaligon's Vara and Empress.

on 12/27/2015 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my absolute HG fragrance. There is nothing lovelier on the market. I tried this fragrance in my 20's and it didn't really appeal to me. I recently tried it again, now 40, and I want to kick myself for not trying it sooner. It epitomizes femininity and sophiatication. It is fresh aND clean. I have also tried the edt and eau premiere, but the eau de parfum is my absolute favorite, by far and works best with my body chemistry.

Finally I have tried a sample of the legend , and collected the courage to add my own review , this is not a scent , this is a legendary character , I feel it's alive ! ..That's why you should wait for the right time till you can deal with it ..To all young girls , or those who haven't had the story of their life yet , wait & see ...I should also add it's a shape shifting perfume , the Mystique of the x -character , It kind of gives you the shape & conduct you have always have been a bit timid to do or try ..
Update I wore it to the most life changing date of my life and it stood up exactly to its great reputation :) Ladies , this is the scent you wear when you have the story of your life , this is not just something nice to add or play with ..Merci Mademoiselle Chanel for 100 years of encouraging women to be just feminine and being THEM :)

on 11/22/2014 1:54:00 PM

No 5 for me is the epitome of perfection. I cant understand it. Its just so sparkling, so elaborate. It's like the shine of a star, its pure light. I often wonder how the shape of the bottle and the color of it perfectly matches the brilliance of the scent.
No5 makes me feel as if everything is ok, as if theres a good ending to all stories, and nothing can ever go wrong.

on 7/11/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried to wear this when I was in my early 20s...and it just didn't work for me at the time...I LOVED the scent, but felt it just didn't sit right with my body chemistry..My boyfriend purchased this for me recently, and I just love it now! Normally, I can't wear florals, but this one works for me...just smells rich and classy. My new favorite.

Popular Fragrances