Chanel No.5

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 25-29
Chanel No.5

3.9

This perfume is really nice I do enjoy wearing it out to dinner with my boyfriend. He says he really likes it too.

on 10/12/2011 10:49:00 AM

Whenever I smelled this perfume in the magazine samples or spritzed it on one of those paper tester things I thought it smelled disgusting and so artificial and cloying that I couldn't understand why it was so "iconic" and timeless.
Then I decided to actually spray it on my wrist and see what happened. After a little while I kept getting a whiff of it and it was amazing. You really have to let it work with your body chemistry before you can judge the smell. It was still powerful, but lovely. And I'm only 25, so it's not like I'm an "old lady."
This is better than most of the modern perfumes that don't last and are so insipid they make everyone smell the same.

I do not know what everybody thinks is so great about it. I find eau premire a little bit better and it smells less like urine...sorry
i think most people tend to buy it because it is Chanel and maybe by wearing it the glamour of Chanel Coco will radiate on them as well. :D

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG scent. I absolutely love No.5. It smells beautiful on me. I have been wearing it for years.

on 2/1/2010 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted to like this. I wanted to smell and feel the sophistication that so many others have experienced while wearing this. Sadly, I can't join the bandwagon. No.5 punched me in the face with old fashioned body powder and soap. The hype surrounding it is way beyond my comprehension, although I suspect the Chanel name may have something to do with it because there's dozens of other fragrances that are strikingly similar to this that don't garner such accolades.

on 9/27/2009 2:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very nice classic fragrance. One of the only ones my husband likes - he is very very picky.. I love it, at first I was like it's ok - but it has to grow on you. Now I adore it and can't get enough of it.

I love this scent, although sometimes, (I know this sounds strange) I think it smells like baby wipes!! Lol... A few hours after putting it on, it seems to morph into a muskier scent- I think it mixes well with my body's natural smell. I think it's all about individual chemistry with fragrance, and this one works for me. But right out of the bottle? Baby wipes.
Wtf?
;)

on 8/18/2008 2:11:00 PM

Tried this one today. Only could spritz it on my wrist since they hadn't got samples of it. I'm not sure what to think about it. Guess it could be nice when not overdone. Overall I prefer more sweet fragrances like Coco Mademoiselle and Allure Sensuelle.
Maybe it could be a good change for me, don't know yet, have to wait and see...
However, I don't think it's a classical old-lady-smell. Guess that's just something most people think because it came out so many years ago.

on 12/19/2007 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I currently have vintage EDT from the 60's and it is out of this world! It is such a full bodied and deeply rich fragrance that is unoffensive and long lasting. The florals really develop nicely on my skin and it is just heavenly. I have tried the modern EDP and it is awful! So synthetic and chemical smelling, all I get are the aldehydes and powder -- that's all, no florals whatsoever! The modern EDT is much better and closer to the vintage EDT in my opinion than the EDP, and I have yet to try pure parfum. Try all 3 concentrations before you make a choice, since they will probably smell different on everyone

When I want a stronger, more womanly scent, this is the perfume that I reach for.

This scent does start out rather strong, so I usually dab it on one wrist, and transfer the scent to the other wrist, and then behind both ears. I don't rub, I press as to not ruin the scent.

It starts out very strong and powdery on me, but then it mellows out to a comfortable powdery scent with just the slightest hint of vanilla to go along with it - divine, I say!

I know the bottle that I have now will last me forever (mainly because of how little I have to use), but I do plan on repurchasing if I do happen to run out.

Popular Fragrances