Chanel No.5

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 19-24
Chanel No.5

3.0

on 4/17/2017 7:28:00 PM

Like almost every woman alive, I love this perfume!

Beautiful scent, very feminine and sexy. Whenever I wear it, everyone in the room turns around to try to detect the source of the smell.

The staying power is great - lasts all day and all night without reapplying throughout the day.

It is pricey, but it is Chanel, and one of the most popular and loved perfume ever, so it's worth every penny.

Repurchase? Yes.

Classic perfume. This perfume will always be number one. When I think of Chanel or smell this scent. I think of my grandmother and mother. Kudos to Chanel for creating this product Will always be remembered and bought for years on end. It's a mature smell, I personally don't wear it I prefer the lighter sweet Chanel scents. Maybe when I'm older I will move onto this scent. Our scents and tastes are always changing!

I love this and I'm only 20. I think it smells so cozy and woodsy on my skin. Also, whats with all the "eww grandma" comments? Thats so rude. Whats wrong with grandmas or old people, we all get old?

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ah the legendary Chanel No. 5

I tried to be as open minded as possible about this perfume, but I just don't understand the hype. The bottle is beautiful. That's the best thing about it. But the smell isn't so great. It reminds me of what elderly women smell like. This fragrance was popular back in their times so this perfume was a hit back then. But times have changed. Women want a sweet smelling perfume now. The only reason I own this perfume is because my mother gave it to me. I only have it on my nightstand as decoration. I don't really wear it. Every now and then I'll spritz some on so I can feel like Marilyn, but I'm not a huge fan.

on 10/17/2014 9:45:00 PM

I tried this perfume because my grandma gave it to me. Smelled just like her. I mean, it's not like it smells bad I just associate that smell with her. Maybe it's too.. sophisticated for my tastes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I honestly adore this perfume. I don't know whether it's partially because I've fallen for it's story, because it's always been the ultimate symbol of glamour, it's place in history or purely because of it's totally unique scent but even though it costs quite a bit and I'm not the biggest earner I never feel like I've lost out by buying a bottle. There's nothing I love more than looking in my perfume shelf and seeing a full bottle of it just sitting there. The packaging is iconic and in it's simplicity probably one of the most beautiful perfume bottles of all time, perfectly encapsulating Coco's ideas of beauty. The scent itself is just breathtaking. If I ever feel down I spray a bit in the air in front of me because it's just so comforting yet at the same time, empowering. It smells like so many things and that makes it smell like nothing else. It lasts for ages and even with a small spray, you'll catch a sniff of it on yourself from throughout the day. This perfume gives me confidence that I just don't get from any other perfume or shoes, clothes or even make-up. I know it's been criticised for being an "old lady scent" but someone (I genuinely can't remember who) explained it perfectly to me. The old women that No.5 brings to mind were the flappers in the 20s, the glamourous women of the 30s and the pin ups of the 40s. They all grew old and kept wearing the same perfume. It's lasted this long because it deserves to and because as Coco intended, it really does smell like a woman. Sorry if this isn't descriptive enough but the way I smell it it's warm, powdery, very floral but with a kick. Slightly soapy in the best way and the most obvious floral scent is, I would say, Jasmine. Suits anyone with the confidence to wear it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just love this scent. It's a timeless classic. I will repurchase this over & over. You have to be careful not to spray too much, one or two sprays is all you need or it is way to strong. It's expensive but hay it's Chanel ;)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

As one of the world's favourite scents, I've had many encounters with this perfume - of course I have. It was one of the first to use aldehydes - a game changer. And it was supposed to smell clean, and yet have a touch of sexiness, thus rendering it able to bridge the gap between overly flowery perfumes, and the kinky ones used by those of the "demi-mondaine".

When I tried a spray of it my boyfriend told me (after I tried convincing him that it smelled awesome) that I smelled like a soapy papertowel - you know the kinds you get at cheap chinese restaurants?
And I agree - I smelled like cheap soap even after a long time. After getting a second opinion to confirm that the perfume did NOT smell good, I've decided to not purchase it.

on 3/5/2013 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Being an iconic smell, I expected something I would love on the first whiff. However, although it is a lovely, sophisticated scent, it is not really my favorite.

I know it is famous, so I am not sure I am comfortable as of yet to make it one of my everyday scents. Actually, it smells like a pretty, formal, and expensive scent. Not very subtle, and very womanly.

I really love the scent and the packaging is simple yet fancy. I might get it again, but maybe for when I am older.

on 6/4/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I was little, my mum always often bought Camay soap that smelt like Chanel No.5. Camay's soaps were AMAZING! Every time after being in out sauna (the little-wooden-house type, with birch on the walls), we showered and used the "No.5 soap" - it smelt very antique, luxurious and soapy, and I loved that smell. The smell was a perfect "after-sauna" smell. However, when my mum got a bottle of No.5 a couple of years back, neither of us liked it - it smelt great as a soap, but I don't want to wear the smell as perfume: it's very overpowering and even soapier than the soap smelt and it smells dusty. BTW: the soap was appropriate for any age group. So, I give the soap a 5/5, but the perfume only gets a 2.

Popular Fragrances