Chanel No.5

Chanel No.5

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this perfume. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd buy so many bottles! Smells amazing, doesn't last as long as I'd like it to, but it does go a few hours for me, longer on clothing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this out on my wrist at Ulta. Well, when you first spray it, it smells like cat pee. Not gonna lie. I sniffed it again after a few hours. After the pee smell went away, it smelled nostalgic and beautiful. I can't even really accurately describe it, because I don't know perfume jargon. It is like that time you tried drinking coffee when you were 12 years old, and at first you thought it was disgusting, but then you found yourself wanting more and more. An acquired taste. Strangely addicting. Powerfully feminine, a woman who wears this is a force to be reckoned with. I wish I could afford a bottle of my own.

on 10/28/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have never understand the hype behind this, it smells of old people? Except it being Chanel, I don't see how it's got so many glowing reviews...

I was hesitant to buy this perfume at first. It is expensive and I normally go for light and flowery perfumes (Daisy, Coach Poppy, etc.) so I originally went straight to Chanel's Chance.. I sprayed both on each hand and walked around. At first Chanel No. 5's strong fragrance was weird for me. I can understand how some may say this is an old lady's perfume because of the initial strong powdery smell however as it sat on my skin I couldn't help but find myself drawn to it. It is definitely a unique smell and it is so unique it takes some getting used to. It is a feminine but powerful fragrance and I can see why so many strong and powerful female icons have favored the iconic No. 5. I think it is worth a try and a classic that I will continue on with.

on 1/19/2013 6:57:00 AM

Like this scent after ive put this on for about 3hours or so. it is just TOO strong when i first squirt it onto me :( but i really do like this smell if it was a little lighter and not as heavy as it is right now :(

as of right now, i dont think i will be getting a second bottle!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Bloody expensive but it's a Chanel classic so I guess it's worth it. I'm not sure why but sometimes I get headache if I smell a particular fragrance for hours but No. 5 is one of the few fragrances that doesn't cause me to get a headache. Love the fragrance although for me it does wear off quite easily. Quite surprised to see the ratings at only 3+ because No. 5 IS THE BEST SHIT ON EARTH I LOVE IT.

Not my favorite perfume, but I see why it's a classic. It makes me feel beautiful and feminine while wearing it. Price is crazy as with all Chanel stuff, but that is typical. If I had the money to spend a lot on perfume I'd buy it more often.

I hate this perfume. It doesn't smell glamourous or anything of the sort! It smells like very cheap soap!
Not nice.
Ladies don't waste your money. If you really want to smell like cheap soap, buy charlie blue, it smells exactly the same but is $50 cheaper

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of those scents that make you automatically think of an old woman. I have no idea why so many people want to wear this. If it wasn't Chanel it wouldn't be as popular as it is. It smells like weirdly strong alcohol and medicine and it's just gross. It lasts forever, which I guess is good if you like the scent, but if you don't then it's a nightmare. Plus, the price? Are you kidding me?

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I don't understand the hype. I wonder if people would still celebrate this perfume as much if they didn't know it was Chanel. It smells like talcum powder, and it's a scent I would rather buy for my grandmother than myself. And the price is absolutely ridiculous. In Australia it's about $160 for a 50mL bottle and $200 and something for the 100mL.

Popular Fragrances