no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

Absolutely the best sheer to cover foundation available for black women, hands down! The range of complexions and the consistency of the all day wear colour is amazing with this brand. Good for the Swedes for making this stuff. I got this at a local stall in the UK and only paid under 4 GBP for it. The foundation comes out of a nozzle that is quite controllable, which is good for ladies like me always on the go. The foundation volume is about 200ml, which lasts ages if you only use it as sheer foundation. The day-night wearing of the foundation is what really makes my day, it blends well in the sunlight and there are no nasty streak marks around your neck or ears, so no giveaway signs. Eyeshadow or blusher can be easily applied over it and blended really well. This foundation made me realise that there is hope for black women and make up, and that some companies are actually providing for us too!!! Love you Isadora!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

EyesBrown

from

7 years ago

Too bad this is discontinued it is by far the best foundation I have ever tried and I have basically tried every foundation out there. The texture is perfect, it doesn't settle into lines or looks patchy. It's perfume/alcohol-free, has few ingredients and doesn't irritate my skin. It actually makes my skin gradually better. It's very buildable.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBrown

1.0

9 years ago

Ok packaging, horrible product. I bought this in the lightest shade, which looked a good match for my pale skin when i tested the sample in the shop. However, when i applied it to my face, as soon as i blended it in it went really dark and orange. It was really strange, i think it just oxidised really badly. Had to give this away to a tanned friend. The texture is really watery too.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Medium

1.0

10 years ago

I got this cheap during a Walgreen's clearance sale. If you're looking for coverage, this will give you buildable coverage. I also liked that the shades have a yellowish undertone, which I prefer to help mitigate my reddish undertones. I bought Soft Nougat (#53), which was a little too dark for my light-medium beige skin with red undertones. However, with good blending and powder, the color worked ok without splotching. I also liked the "one-twist"cap (one twist it's off, one twist, it locks), which kept the product clean and fresh. However, I will not purchase this product again because it was too heavy for my oily skin. It felt greasy and heavy, despite the fairly light formula. Perfect for dry skin, I'd imagine. It's marketed as oil-free all-day make-up. For oil-free, it sure is heavy.<p> GREDIENTS: Cyclomethicone/Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua/Water, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol/PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Chloride, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben [may contain: Mica, CI77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI77491/Iron Oxides, CI77492/Iron Oxides, CI77499/Iron Oxides, CI77007/Ultramarines].

About reviewer (245 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

Well, this is an IsaDora foundation that has buildable coverage and it oil-free and fragrance free. It lasts all day and comes in 10 shades, the lightest being porcelain rose (not sold in the US) and the darkest being Soft Caramel. I bought the color Ivory Beige since it closely matches my NC 15-20 skin. I purchased this for $2.19 at Walgreens when it went 70% off so it was a great deal. When i got it home, i already liked it. The squeeze bottle was hygenic and the color matched me perfectly. As for coverage, it's pretty sheer, but you can build it up to get the desired coverage. I just use foundation to even out my skin tone so this stuff was great. This foundation never gets cakey or runs, unlike the MAC i was using prior to this. I liked it so much that i went back and bought all that they had since it was being discontinued. The only reason this foundation isn't getting a 5 is because i can't get it anymore due to it being discontinued. Edit: unfortunately i had to stop wearing this foundation because something in it was making me break out, but i still love it. I'll have to put my extra bottles up for swap because someone else may enjoy it as much as i did.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3.0

14 years ago

Yes, it is a shame that Isadora cant be one of my holy grail makeup brands. You know why? It is because first of all I need to find a great foundation from the brand that can be called holy grail. This is possibly a great foundation but it there is no color that would be light enough for me. I have checked all kinds of Isadora foundations and I think it is odd that a scandinavian brand does not make light enough colors. And lastly the pump dispenser here is great!

About reviewer (409 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

3.0

15 years ago

This was a nice foundation. It feels sheer but has moderate coverage, with a non-matte (but not shiny) finish. The color selection for this foundation, at least at my local Walgreen's new Isadora wall display, is the pits. The lightest shade available for this fdtn was WAY too dark for my NC15 skin. Luckily they had sample sizes for sale, which this was, so I didn't spend on a full size. To Isadora's credit, I do really like being able to buy sample/travel sizes of foundations.

About reviewer (383 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

16 years ago

I rarely wear foundation but whenever i do, this is the one i use. this is an oil-free, perfume-free sheer foundation that feels very light on the skin. the coverage is just enough to even out my skin tone and the result is a "dewy" finish. this is perfect if you want to wear foundation yet still want to look natural.

About reviewer (198 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium