Paula's Choice RESIST Skin Revealing 10% AHA Body Lotion

Paula's Choice RESIST Skin Revealing 10% AHA Body Lotion

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Mineral Oil (emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20 (thickeners), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin-based antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willow Herb) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Sodium PCA (skin-identical ingredient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Petrolatum (emollients), Petrolatum (emollient), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone (silicone slip agents), Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (thickeners), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate (preservatives).

on 7/5/2016 10:14:00 AM

I was buying this in hope that i can use it to get rid of chest acne...........but turned out it's too rich and caused more breakout within few days of using.....i think it doesn't work for me because my body is not really dry....so now i use it on my knees, heels and elbows....they do make them feel smoother but i will continue to use it with more result.

on 7/2/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros: Softens Skin, Non-Greasy, Lightweight, Moisturizes
Cons: Did Not Control KP
Best Uses: Fine Lines/Wrinkles, Redness/ Blotchiness, Rough Skin, Daily Use, Uneven Skin Tone

Paula's Choice Resist Skin Revealing 10% AHA Body Lotion is a light-weight translucent lotion. It is fragrance free, but with a short-lived scent that is typical of AHA-containing cosmetics, ie, a bit like vinegar. I love the texture, which is elegant, smooth and silky. It is easy to apply due to a high amount of slip, soaks in quickly, and leaves a skin-protecting barrier without feeling greasy. It is miles better than AmLactin on every point, and is somewhat like having my favorite CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion with the added punch of AHA. It is important to note that this product should not be applied to cracked, chapped or broken skin, because it will burn. When used on healthy skin, I did not have any irritation issues.

I originally purchased this product for the KP on my upper arms. After several months of daily use, there was some minor progress in eliminating the little bumps, and the skin on my upper arms otherwise was very soft and well hydrated. I switched to using a different AHA product for my KP, and started using Resist as a night-time hand cream instead. It definitely has softened my hands, evened out the skin texture and improved the roughness around my knuckles. I have found it is a bit too light for moisturizing very dry hands, but I don't see any issues with occasionally layering a more emollient cream on top. Although I haven't tried it as an all-over body lotion, I have no doubt it would be wonderful for skin tending normal to slightly dry. Overall, I think Resist 10% AHA body lotion is a winner, although it is somewhat less versatile than I had hoped due to less than desired effect on my KP. I would definitely consider it for repurchase, because I haven't found anything else like it for quality of formulation and value.

To Read all 98 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This Lotion helped me with my pigmentation problems, acne marks on my back and arms! It isn't sticky, sinks into the skin perfectly and is not drying! Due to the glycolic acid it does sting a little bit if I put it on my back in the beginning but that's because it works in the deep skin tissue and is nothing you can't calm down with moisturizer. The skin on my body is not really sensitive though. The price is a bit high but you can always order samples first to see if it works for you.

on 6/19/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has a high concentration of AHA and I have been using it instead of Dermadoctor's KP lotion, which is similar yet more expensive. It is a very good body exfoliant. It has a good texture that absorbs well and will give you smoother skin with regular use. All AHA products have a scent but this is virtually fragrance free and does not feel sticky or tacky the way AmLactin does. The 7.8 ounce tube is a decent size. I use it 2 or three times a week.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

At some point in the last year or so, Paula's choice has quietly reformulated this body lotion. It used to be a thick, hard to absorb, sour smelling, mineral-oil lotion back in the day. The newest formula is based on silicones, silky smooth and lost that sour smell, yet luckily none of the effectiveness. It is not very emollient, so I sometimes follow with a thicker lotion on my legs and other dry areas. But as an exfoliant it works a treat. Used regularly, it keeps my skin soft and smooth, and helps keeping my KP at bay. Both effective and a pleasure to use. Hence I won't complain about the price: $27 for 7 oz. I just make sure to stock up when it goes on sale (usually around $22 for a tube).

If you are looking for an exfoliating body lotion, I'd suggest you give this a try. Even if you tried it before and didn't like it, the new formulation is vastly superior to the older one.

on 7/11/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of PC and use her stuff exclusively. However, this one is great but I have noticed that after I applied this cream and then went to eat something, a very salty residue was left all over my hands. Then I noticed the product was really salty. Is it a problem? For me it is because my husband is always kissing me and if I put this on at night and decide to be with my husband...well I am salty all over. GROSS....I will not buy again for that reason

on 5/3/2014 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I buy this product because my skin, mostly my lower legs, get dry. In the winter, they get so dry that they itch and get white flakes of skin get under my nails when I scratch. Shaving helps remove the dead skin somewhat, but it's also not something I can do quickly when I discover my legs have the dry, itchy feeling, and shaving doesn't help with the dryness. AHA lotion to the rescue! The lotion immediately soothes the dryness, and the AHA penetrates to exfoliate away the dead skin cells. As PC warns, don't use the day before shaving, and be careful in the sun because you're more prone to burn, but those are small concerns given that this product solves a problem for me. My only gripe is the price - it currently costs $27! Yes, you can catch it on sale, but it's still ridiculously expensive for what it is.

on 4/18/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Like many other products that I have, I purchased this to help with my Keratosis Pilaris (KP). I purchased this one and the BHA one and I think the BHA one work better for my KP.

I had less plugged follicles with this but the redness didn't go away, my skin felt smooth and it absorbed quickly.

I will repurchase eventually if I make another Paula's choice order, I just wish I was able to buy it at Shopper's instead of having to go online everytime I need it.

on 2/13/2014 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Another good all rounder from PC.

Always great packaging and no nasties.

This is a really good exfoliating lotion but read the instructions and DONT use it on shave night!!!!!

This stuff is wonderful. Leave whole body feeling soft and looks younger, clearer and more refreshed.

Only downside is I find it a bit sticky when I go to bed, so make sure you rub it in properly and allow it to dry.

Great for dry skin on feet too.

10 out of 10 from me.