Lancome Blush Subtil Sheer - Sheer Amourose

Lancome Blush Subtil Sheer - Sheer Amourose

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am writing this review as a person who stopped using powder blush 20 years ago, and bought this blush to try powders again. This is my first powder blush in 20 years.

My verdict: holy cow, powder blushes are better than they used to be! I have always preferred creams/gels because to me they gave a more glowy, natural look. But this blush looks SO natural, so translucent!

I'm very very pale with yellow tint but pink undertones. So essentially a pale neutral skin. This color is a slightly warm pink. The SA suggested a cooler pink, but this one just looked more natural and universal to me.

This is a "matte" blush but like many, it does have a tiny amount of sparkly mica visible in the compact. This does not translate to a glittery or shimmery blush on the face. I applied this with an ecotools brush and found it to be very well-pigmented. It flows onto the skin very naturally and blends easily. It gave me a natural glow that rivals any cream or gel blush I've used.

The holdbacks for me are the price (it's so expensive!) and the tiny, useless, crap brush that comes in the compact. I would rather pay a few bucks less and lose the useless blush. The compact itself isn't particularly high-quality, but it didn't break out of nowhere either. I am looking for a less-expensive, quality blush but if I cannot find one I will come back to Blush Subtil.

on 10/4/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very nice blush. A soft, slightly peach-toned pink that is very natural looking and versatile. It isn't shimmery but it's not a flat matte, it gives a lovely glow when applied and blended. Packaging is nice and sturdy as well. It is pricey but I would recommend this to those with fair to light skins who want a dependable, natural looking blush.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am in love with this blush! It is so subtle and sweet. It is perfect for a no makeup makeup look. I used it this morning as a blush and a lid color on my eyes..it was just so fresh and lovely. My only complaint is that on my cheeks it only lasted about 4 hours but I will say I have oily skin so that could be part of it. On the eyelids however it is still going strong. I will repurchase this. I want it in my permanet collection.

Happy Makeuping! ❤️

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this blush for years now. It truly is a universal rose shade flattering to all. Very neutral, yet gives a great glow. It's a matte blush, so no shimmer/glitter whatsoever! I tend to have a heavy hand (yet fair skin) and this never turns out clownish on me. It's a great staple for everyday wear. It lasts most of the day and it never breaks me out. A great blush to add to your collection!

on 2/12/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice blush. I don't detect any shimmer when I'm wearing it, so if you're a shimmer-phobe like me, you're safe with this one. The color is great; very natural and neutral. This is the kind of blush that makes you look naturally glowing rather than being a definite shade of pink, peach, or mauve. It applies very silky and smooth, and is pigmented enough that you don't have to pile it on, but not so pigmented as to make it easily go clownish. Overall, a very pretty, versatile, and easy to use blush.

on 12/16/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the best blush ever! It is very sheer and gives you a natural looking glow. I love that it doesn't have sparkles but still manages to make you look dewy and radiant. I got this as a part of a gift with purchase for an awesome deal and it is expensive on its own but when I run out (which will probably be like 6 months from now) I will definitely consider re-purchasing. Another thing is, it smells FANTASTIC. It is a very feminine and luxurious smell that really lasts. I've gotten compliments on it! Plus it's hard to over do it with this blush, and if you happen to, it is easy to blend it and sheer it out with your wrists/hands or a clean brush. Lasts the whole day for me. I love it!

on 11/11/2013 5:24:00 PM

I really like this color! It is a very neutral shade of pink that anybody can wear whether you are warm or cool toned. It goes on real sheer and is buildable so you dont accidentally over apply it. It gives a healthy pretty natural glow! The only thing I dont like too much is the brush it comes with isnt very soft and I feel like they could have made it better but oh well, it works for on the go!

on 6/22/2013 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the most amazing blush shade in the world, it has a hint of natural looking pink, not like a bubblegum shade, but more of a cool rosy pink. This is my go to blush. I've dropped it several times and it hasn't broke apart, I can't recommend Lancome blushes more.

on 5/29/2013 4:15:00 PM

this is my favourite blush. i want to repurchase, and i'm wondering if this colour has been replaced by 02 rose sable? thanks

on 12/13/2012 10:24:00 PM

This blush is really a good color. The fact that it is slightly sheer makes it difficult to over-apply. It is kind of a cool tone but has just a slight bit of warmth to it also. I am caucasion with light to medium skin tone. I have warm undertones but still prefer the cool tone blushes. This is really a great product and I hope it doesn't ever get dis-continued.

Popular Blush Products