benefit Cosmetics Gettin' Steamy [DISCONTINUED]

benefit Cosmetics Gettin' Steamy [DISCONTINUED]

I always wanted to buy this everytime I saw it at the store, I'd smell the bottle they had on display.. But, I could never bring myself to be as extravagant as to pay $20 for a shower gel. I have spent countless dollars on face creams, perfume, makeup etc. but a shower gel, I couldn't. Then I ended finally asking for a sample in a tiny empty container I had from Sephora. And tired it out, and to my delight, it was amazing! Lathered well, only needed a tiny dab, the smell made my bathroom smell heavenly for the whole day.
My skin was still Gettin Steamy fragrant for hours! I've never had a shower gel leave the fragrance on my skin afterwards. Needless to say I was sold, I went to buy a bottle right away, but when it was done and I went to buy another... The sales clerk told me it was discontinued. So unhappy. Second bath product I was crazy about that discontinued right after my first try. The other amazing product was a scrub from L'oreal called exfotonic

on 4/9/2008 3:47:00 PM

In contrast to the last poster, I bought this stuff because I was tired of soaps that made me smell like food - just because I like to eat cinnamon rolls or chocolate cake doesn't mean I want them slathered all over me. And I've become disillusioned with all the Lush hype. This stuff didn't smell like any recognizable food - it just has a light, perfumey fragrance. It's expensive for a shower gel but it's a great option if you can afford it (or, like me, choose to live outside your means).

on 4/9/2008 10:09:00 AM

I thought I would really like this because of all the positive reviews. However, the scent just didn't work for me. It is too fruity, and it reacts with my chemistry in a less-than-pleasant way. I really don't like any scent that smells like food. Back it goes to Sephora.

on 12/12/2007 10:42:00 AM

I love the smell of this and it feels wonderful to use. It is quite expensive but the bottle is fairly big, and I dont tend to use mine all the time so that helps! I will definately buy more, I like to use this then the touch me cream etc.

on 11/26/2007 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

a really nice shower gel. i love the scent and using it makes me feel so luxurious. i bought the travel size because the big size was so expensive. i wish it was cheaper because i'm not sure i can justify the price for only a shower gel...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is one of my all-time favorite shower gels -- it smells soooo good! The pearly pink gel is very luxurious and provides lots of creamy, bubbly lather and the scent is so soft and pretty, just like the "Touch Me and Try to Leave Me" cream. It is a bit pricey ($26), but the bottle is huge and lasts a long time. I used up my bottle a few months ago, but I will be repurchasing it someday.

on 11/8/2007 5:07:00 PM

I've been rationing the travel size bottle of this for months; finally decided to splurge on the full size during Sephora FF. It IS expensive but really so nice. Great lather, smooth skin and the scent is so clean, fresh and energizing. It just makes me feel good to use it and I guess that's the idea, right. I anticipate I will buy this again; just probably not as often as I'd like to.

on 8/24/2007 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I find many BeneFit products total misses, but Gettin' Steamy is one of my absolute favorite shower gels. It smells wonderful, lathers really well and leaves my skin noticably soft. I'm not sure if there's anything else I could possibly expect from a soap....So this is definitely on the repurchase list.

on 7/15/2007 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Aaahhhhh...Pure unadulterated luxury is what this is. I love this shower gel, its beautifully creamy and smells heavenly- just like benefit's touch me then try to leave cream and the maybe baby perfume. It lathers perfectly- not excessively and not so little that you have to apply loads. Some people complain about the price and it is pretty expensive but come on guys, the bottle is huge and it lasts for ages- you don't need to use loads of it as it lathers so well. I've found that the bottle lasts for so long it easily saves me the money I would have spent buying several less expensive shower gels. This shower gel lifts me every time I use it- especially if I've got PMT or feel a bit grotty, and if you layer it with touch me cream and maybe baby perfume its like a mini spa session- very pampering and comforting. The only teeny tiny complaint I would have is that the consistency of the gel is a bit like plastic which I don't like- I wish it was more creamy. Other than that, its a real indulgence and makes you feel incredibly pampered and girly.

on 4/4/2007 11:45:00 PM

Product okay, very expensive ($20-something and it only lasted me a month?), the cap broke the first few days I had it... Not worth it. I'll stick to my drugstore showergels.