Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss

4.1

Polybutene, Petrolatum, Polydecene, Microcrystalline Wax, Vitamin E, Lecithin, Vitamin C, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Poly(ethylene Terephthalate), Acrylates Copolymer, Simethicone, Silica, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Tin Oxide, Fragrance, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, D&C Red 7 Lake, FD&C Blue 1 Lake, Copper, Manganese Violet, FD&C Yellow 6 Lake, Bronze Powder (CI 77400), D&C Red 33 Lake, D&C Red 30 Lake, Carmine, D&C Red 22 Lake, D&C Red 28 Lake, FD&C Yellow 5 Lake, D&C Orange 5, D&C Red 6, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorophlogopite, Iron Oxide, Ethylhexylglycerin.

on 9/21/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom bought this as graduation present. I still have some left. The fragrance is ok. The colour and text is ok. Staying power, nothing outstanding for the price. If you have cash to Burn go for it.

Such a shame this gloss performs so badly longevity wise. I have to reapply after every drink and snack. And whoever thought up the design of the applicator needs to consider another career - probably the worst one I've ever come across as it's so hard it's useless. I've had to resort to 'dabbing' the gloss onto my lips. The colour range is great but the gloss itself is more sheer than I would like.

I know now Non Sticky Gloss is the Trend now, But Honestly This Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss is My personal Favorite along With Lancome Juicy Tubes!!!!!!!!! The Formula+Color is So Outstanding I had to collect all 3 in Nude (Vinyl Rose), Fuchsia, and Hot Cherry Red.

on 4/22/2015 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was the first real lip gloss I bought myself years ago and I still love it. The tube I have is Plum Divine Shimmer. The website makes the tube's contents look purple, but it's actually more like a violet-red color. The gloss is pretty and not bold in color and goes on very lightly. As much as I love this gloss, it's $24 which makes me not want to purchase it again in favor of more wallet-friendly alternatives.

Eclectic ginger shimmer perfect to put on top of nude shades, or by itself. Perfect for day and night. Pigmentation is great. Its consistency is thick which allows it to stays on for long without smudging. Quick tip: A big plus of this product, it does makes your lips look bigger if you want that extra lift. Try it to believe it!

Orchid passion shimmer a little too dark in shade for me, but otherwise goes on smooth and stays long. Best to put on top of exotic orchid lipstick for a night look.

on 4/24/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I received 2 of these glosses in the 2014 Holiday Color Portfolio Palette. The shades I have are Brazen Berry and Wired Copper. I really like the formula, they are moisturizing, not sticky, and comfortable to wear. I really dislike the packaging. It's messy and a lot product ends up around the cap when I close it, which I have to constantly wipe off or it will get my other makeup dirty. As for the colors, I really like Wired Copper. It's a light, peachy-copper with golden shimmer. Looks really nice over nude lipsticks, nude lipliner or on its own. I was really disappointed in Brazen Berry. It looks like a rich, creamy raspberry in the tube but when I put it on, there is absolutely no color, just shine. I might as well use clear lip gloss. I'm going to make it work by layering this over pink or hot pink lipliner. These glosses are nice if you like lipgloss and find the right colors for you, but I will not purchase either one, simply because I much, much prefer to wear lipstick.

on 8/8/2013 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought this yesterday in brazen berry as an impulse buy and was thinking of returning it when I tried it on again. Its amazing! On my lips it become a pretty berry and it really lasts a long time. The sales girl told me thet its really not as pigmented as the lipstick but its pigmented enough. I don't really like the distinctive estee lauder smell but I can deal with it. As a bonus, it really moisturizing. Thenonly downside to it is its price hahaha,...

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I got a set of 6 lip glosses for Christmas and I have to say, the colors were very sheer, I did not appreciate the smell, it was sticky, and definitely long lasting. I did not notice that it was moisturizing. I really did not like this product and I have tried much better lip glosses from the drugstore. It was a rip off for the price!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in two colors, both gotten with GWP on two separate occasions.

Passion Berry (Sparkle) - While it looks light pink in the tube, it applies very, very sheer pink (almost clear) with multicolored glitter. This is a good everyday lip gloss to pair with a simple natural look.
Mod Poppy (Shimmer) - Dark purply red in the tube, applies as a sheer dark red with very fine gold glitter. This is nice over bold purple and red lipsticks. It looks odd applied on it's own.

Overall, I do like these lip glosses, but I would never buy them on their own because they are not worth 20 dollars. While gotten with a GWP, it's a good deal.

I hate the designs that they put on the bottles offered with the GWPs, but I can deal with that.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this in a duty-free store, so I have to admit that it wasn't a planned purchase or anything, was just looking for something not extremely expensive to change euros. Anyways, the packaging was what attracted me - all EL products look like a good addition to your make-up bag. I bought this in Wild Lilac, a bright pink with a hint of mauve. The color looks fine, glosses are easy to wear as they're semi-sheer. But packaging and color is where the good part about this product ends. The texture is sticky, there's a raspberry-type fragrance (not overwhelming, but weird for luxury-segment lipgloss), and the applicator - the worst I've ever tried, it's hard, doesn't bend, and doesn't get any product whatsoever on it. I literally have to pull the applicator in and out of the tube like five times to cover my lips, and I don't have any Rosie Huntington-Whiteley material either.

Popular Lip Glosses