Liz Earle Liz Earle Instant Boost skin tonic

Liz Earle Liz Earle Instant Boost skin tonic

4.2

Not tested on animals

Aqua (water), Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Glycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Tocopheryl acetate, Parfum (fragrance), Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Linalool, Sodium hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Although I don't suffer from dry skin, I do find most toners harsh and drying and so for the most part tend to avoid them. This one however by Liz Earle is alcohol-free and full of natural plant-derived ingredients, plus humectants that help retain moisture in the skin. I use this every PM right before moisturizer and although not brightening as such, I do notice my skin look a little bit more healthier and glowing. So far loving it. Bought this in a trial size along with the Hot cleanse & polish and a few other of their goodies, which I can't wait to try out too!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I got the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer, which I was told is the same as their regular tonic. The spray bottle seemed more convenient, that's why I got it. Anyway, I bought this product because of the amazing reviews, but unfortunately this product did nothing to improve my skin.

I have combination/dry skin. My skin tends to be a little greasy around by T-zone, while the rest of my face is dry. During the colder seasons my skin tends to be dry to very dry and I also suffer from redness and patchy looking skin.

I was hoping that it would help even out my skin tone and soothe, revitalise and brighten up my skin tone.

It did none of that. Instead this product is heavily scented and while it smells nice it's not something that I look for in my skincare. Fragrances can just unnecessarily irritate the skin. While it didn't irritate my skin the product just didn't live up to it's expectations and the rave reviews.

This product didn't work on my skin, but I guess it seems to work for most people.

on 4/9/2017 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

The only toner that seems to have worked for me. I haven't had much luck with toners in the past as they normally dry my skin out and leave it a little bumpy and tight feeling. I don't tend to buy them anymore as I have had such bad experience in the past however tried this one due to it been cheaper to try the Liz Earle products in a set and this happened to be in the set. I don't know if it's the non alcohol factor that seems to make this toner different from the rest I've tried but it definitely seems to be working. Used in conjunction with the hot cloth cleanse and polish and the normal/ combination moisturiser twice a day my dry skin has become much more clear, smooth and bright. I have tried so many different products including rich creams, serums, oils and masks that all seem to promise to clear up dry skin but this line is the only thing that seems to work! The packaging is lovely and the products smell amaZing. They are also good for my sensitive skin and do not dry me out. They are on the pricey side however I find the line to be totally worth the money as they really seem to work. Really reccomend Liz Earle, lovely products!

on 4/28/2016 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Have been using this for 5 years and highly recommend!
I use the spray bottle version, which I prefer for moisturizing toners. Less wastefull than the cottonpad wipes which is best for exfoliating toners imo.
I use it at night before applying night oil, but can be used at am also.
Why I love it? Its not "another floral water mist" that simply smells good but does nothing for you. My skin is left plump and hydrated. I live in tropical climate so on days where its too hot for moisturizer on face, a spritz or two does the trick.
Can get a little sticky if you overdo it though... I think its the honey or aloe vera.
Best pro: THE PRICE, for 13£ you cant beat such great quality product.

on 12/9/2015 2:08:00 PM

The fragrance was overpowering and irritating. I am using this on my back in an effort to finish this. The spritzer packaging was good.

on 10/27/2015 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Difficult to get excited about a toner to be honest! Basically I'm in love with the cleanse and polish and I always like to use a matching toner. I use the spritzer bottle and I find it really refreshing! I like the scent - I find it quite subtle, not overpowering at all - and I've had no problems with irritation or sensitivity with any of the Liz Earle's products - possibly I've just been 'blinded by branding' but I'm under the impression that while it is scented it's all quite naturally derived- not chemically. I enjoy using it and I do I feel the toners last aaaaaages compared to the cleanser and moisturiser! I've been using for years and only rebought twice I think!

First up this toner is heavily fragranced so not great if you have sensitive skin. I bought the toner as part of a package deal with the cleanse and polish otherwise I probably wouldnt have purchased. The scent is pleasant and it felt nice on the skin however as toners go I didnt really feel like it did anything. I didnt notice any difference in my skin when I used it or stopped using it.

Overall whilst it smells nice and is refreshing its basically an expensive scented water. If thats what you are after there are much better and cheaper alternatives out there!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have bought this tonic over and over again. It's great on your skin and a great price. I would recommend buying the spray version as it dosnt pour out like the bottle version. Otherwise your cotton wool is soaking with tonic and wasted you don't need that much. A very good all rounder toner, closes pores and takes off any left over makeup. I wouldn't use anything else.

One of the nicest toners I've found. I've since discovered pure Rosewater which is about the same price but for me easier to buy as I get individual bottles from Amazon. I'm usually disappointed by Liz Earle products but the toner is great for my sensitive/combo skin.

on 8/19/2014 3:07:00 AM

I use this mostly for spritzing my face after applying makeup to create a nice dewy natural finish. It is also good to have in my bag for a refresh throughout the day. It does remove makeup if applied to a cotton pad and wiped over the face so it has a few different uses. Overall I feel that this is a luxury rather than a necessary part if my daily routine. I will probably repurchase as it smells so nice!