MAC Cosmetics Tempt Me x 4 (Tempt Me/Tease Me 2004)

No Image

4.6

on 10/28/2007 6:52:00 PM

Love this as my neutral palette! I thought of this as my staple neutral palette, but as the shadows get more and more used up, I will have to find different staple neutrals since this was LE. Wish I knew what each of the shadows are most similar to in other MAC, so that I could replicate.

on 4/16/2006 2:01:00 PM

Love this palette. Its great how the colours are all there. It's pretty cheap too for 4 eteshadows. love it.

on 3/3/2006 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favourite MAC product ever. It is the perfect neutral palette, and at the same time, is the perfect smoky eye palette. Modelette is a great all over wash if you want some neutral looks, and then just add the darker colour (Hard to Please) in the crease and you look amazing. Seriously, get your hands on one of these!!

on 2/21/2006 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite palette. I didn't even plan on buying it but when the artist made me up at the counter I fell for it. I carry this in my purse and tend to use this daily. It looks fabulous on my nw45 skin. I use every color in the palette.

on 10/8/2005 11:26:00 AM

I got this last winter and I didn't review it because I never really reached for it. I recently rediscovered it in my makeup bag though and now I absolutely love it. The off-white is a pretty standard color and I don't often use the brown (it's too dark for me to use as a crease shadow and I rarely use it as a liner), but I just adore the gold and the peach shadows and it's great for traveling if I want to take minimal products. The texture and pigmentation are on par with other MAC shadows, unlike the ones in the Chromezone 3 palette I got at the same time.

on 9/19/2005 12:36:00 AM

i have the TEMPT ME QUAD. i don't know if i can repurchase all the shades in this quad individually becos i sure dont want to run out of any. it's my under 2 minutes sexy eye look palette, i always feel beautiful wearing this. i use MODELETTE as a all over base color up to right below the brow bone, i have lots of browns and this turns golden brown on my lids but i love it!! it's subtle yet definitely noticeable. blend with another clean brush. then i use GIRLS MEET BOYS on the crease, it's more of any antique gold/ bronzy color that looks stunning on top of MODELETTE. then i apply HARD TO PLEASE only to the outer corner of the crease to create a sexy contrast that seem to lift my eyes a bit. finally i use PLEASUREPURR to highlight the brow bone. it's so simple to create yet it looks amazing, like u spent a much longer time than u actually did. hope MAC makes more of this in the future. would go mad if i run out.

on 8/30/2005 4:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This quad gets a mixed reviews from me. I LOVE pleasurepurr and hard to please. Pleasurepurr seems to work as a highlight shade for most combinations because it isn't too cool or too warm and is the right amount of shimmer for my FFF complexion. Hard to please is perfect for the crease and for smokey eye, it isn't too dark and blends well and can be layered for different intensities. As for the other two, girl meets boy and modelette, they looked kind of blah on me. The modelette was actually too warm for my skin tone and made me look tired and the girl meets boy made me look sallow. I swapped both of them away. Would repurchase just for the pleasurepurr and hard to please though!

on 6/23/2005 7:37:00 AM

Iíve been neglecting this quad because I figured that I already had too many neutral colors in circulation. But I finally broke down and tried it out. The brassy gold Girl Meets Boy reminds me ever so slightly of Gold Metal Pigment, but far less intense and sheer. The peachy brown Modelette is also very sheer and has the slightest bit of shimmer, so I use it as base color. Hard to Please is a dark silver brown color and it applies a bit chalkish and unevenly, which didnít thrill me too terribly, but that can be minimized by brush it on over a base eyeshadow. Pleasurepurr is supposedly a Frost formula, but this white shade feels more like a Satin. It also applies a bit blotchy in my opinion, but it is the only truly pigmented shade of the bunch but no so much so that itís unbearable as a highlighter. I understand that this is supposed to be a neutral collection of shadows, but I canít help but wish MAC had packed a bit more pigment into these eyeshadows. Nevertheless, these all work great in conjunction with one another to create one a very natural and seamless low-shimmer neutral eye look. Though I have been far more impressed with MACís other neutral eyeshadows, this is a lovely basic neutral quad. I probably wonít use it all that much but I will probably keep this around.

on 6/21/2005 11:28:00 PM

So I will be the lone dissenteer. I just couldn't get into this quad. I am very fair and I just could not get it to work for me. Pleasurepurr was too white, even as a highlighter (white eyeshadows make me look sickly). Modelette had too strong red undertones. Girl Meets Boy and Hard to Please are great colors but I don't think these four eyeshadows coordinated well together. Plus, I am just not impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows. I tried it four times and gave up. I think my love affair with all things MAC is over.

on 6/6/2005 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

These are really nice colors but I have soooo many like this! A great way to try out MAC e/s and a great deal.