NARS Angelika

NARS Angelika

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm one of the few that prefers this blush to Desire. Although the colours are similar, the glitter in this gives such a nice glow. I would just be cautious with how much you apply, it is easy to go overtop with such a bright colour. I love pairing this with a silvery highlight!

on 8/9/2016 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Angelika is a very strong color blush. Good thing it blends down, otherwise it would look like clown makeup on my neutral fair skin.

Like all Nars blush, it isn't too powdery, and lasts all day.

I won't repurchase, since I don't need this color very often.

on 10/9/2015 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I don't find myself reaching for this too often. It's a lovely shade but I don't like the big silver glitters it has. The glitter doesn't show up on the skin as intense as it looks in the pan but I also think it should be more finely milled glitter to be flattering. Probably should've picked up mata hari instead of angelika.. But if the glitter part is ignored I love the shade and otherwise the consistency is very nice so it's a good blush.

on 9/2/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not a big fan of this blush. I have lots of other NARS shades that I love, but I am not thrilled with this. I typically like sparkly, shimmery products, but this glitter doesn't blend and I can usually find some big glitter pieces on my cheeks after applying it. I find the outcome of the blush dull otherwise. Compared to my other NARS blushes this seems to wash right into my foundation.It has a chalky appearance and it doesn't pop like most of my NARS blushes do. Perhaps the color isn't right for my light skin. There seems to be a lot more fallout as well! Not sure I will be keeping this blush.

on 10/13/2014 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

If you're debating whether to get Angelika or Desire, get Desire.
Shockingly, I had trouble having this show up on my skin. I have an olive complexion (NC42ish), but I never have issues with blushes showing up! Was not expecting this from Nars. When I did get it to show up, I was not thrilled at all. I'm usually wowed by Nars blushes, their colors simply amaze me with how flattering they are on my skin. But this color was plain ordinary..not dynamic at all. Just a basic pink. Shimmery shades usually look better on me than matte, but in this case, Desire looks so much more prettier and somehow more natural. It just compliments my skin better, I suppose. It just didn't even look that pink on me, and it certainly does not resemble the shade it looks like in the pan!
Adding this to my Blacklist of Nars blushes (along with deep throat)

on 9/20/2014 11:06:00 PM

This is not the sparkle-fest you may be expecting after seeing the pretty sparkles glimmering back at you from the pan. Angelika is a pretty cool-toned pink with a hint of shimmer once blended in.

However this is not a blush to apply liberally if like me you are more on the pale side of the spectrum. On my NC15 and sometimes more fair in winter I have to be careful with this blush, too much and it takes on an un-natural dark pink on me.

I love to apply this lightly with the ELF flat top kabuki and really blend in for a natural flushed pink look. It also applies beautifully with a more dense fan brush such as Eco Tools or the Sedona Lace one works great.

This blush looks really pretty accompanied with a little blended in pinky-silver highlight over the top for an added extra healthy glow, I have been pairing this with Nars Multiple in "Luxor" and loving the look. Also looks really nice with a little Mac Soft and Gentle highlight.

Definite repurchase if it's still available when I finish this as I only need the tiniest amount and it does seem to last on my normal-combination skin for a good days wear..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Angelika is my first NARS blush. I chose Angelika because I adored the colour in the pan and when on my face, it gives me the most beautiful, healthy, light pink glow. My face lits up with Angelika, blush truly makes difference. Although it may look very shimmery in the pan, it does not look that shimmery once it hits your cheeks. The price is bit steep for me but after noticing how glowing I look, it's worth the money. I need more NARS blushes now, my next NARS blushes will be Orgasm and Seduction.

Edit: I should mention my skin's colour, about NC30 and NARS Santa Fe. I think I need to buy more NARS blushes, like all of them. Yes, they are that wonderful.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After swatching all of Nars pink blushes, this was the most beautiful for me. I don't mind a little shimmer in my blush, especially because after you swipe your brush, tap off the excess, and apply it to the cheeks, most of it is gone. I also own Desire, Gaiety, and Mata Hari, and they are all different enough to own. I probably will still add to my collection because I love Nars blushes so much! They are very pigmented, long lasting on the skin, and will last you forever. They have nice, sleek, sturdy packaging as well.

on 8/27/2013 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This really shouldn't work... Candy pink? With glitter? On someone over thirty?!? I struggle a bit with pink blushes. I can wear them but rarely think they look great. This, however is just gorgeous. I have NC25 skin and blonde hair and this gives such a natural, windswept look to my cheeks. I don't wear it all the time, but when I do it reminds me I should wear it more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I didn't expect that such a cool-toned bright pink color will end up very pretty on my NC35 Asian skin. I can't say this as a cotton candy-sh or baby doll-ish kind of pink, but more on deep pink near fuhscia, but it didn't show up too much on skin. Just perfectly pink. The glitter is barely seen, it adds some glow to my cheeks instead. I've got this together with Laguna bronzer and Angelika lip gloss in one package with a fairly reasonable price through Strawberrynet (and now I am falling in love with Angelika lip gloss because it is very pigmented and the color popped on my lips!). Sadly, as one of NARS top blushes, Angelika did not stay as long as I want. It will fade after 4-5 hours (yes, my skin is very oily, but I put this on top of Bareminerals Prime Time, Etude BB Cream and MAC Select Sheer Powder), even my Too Faced blush lasted longer than this. For the high-end product, this part is a bit disappointing. May not repurchase, because I am thinking to buy Mata Hari with a more rosy pink color after I hit the pan with Angelika.