Ralph Lauren Romance

Ralph Lauren  Romance
RomanceRomance

3.9

Romance was a fragrance that I looked forward to testing because I love Ralph Lauren Safari and had reasonably high expectations for Romance, but Romance is definitely not another Safari. Where to begin?

I really do not enjoy giving any fragrance a negative review, but Romance is a very synthetic mishmash of notes that smell more like a very inexpensive floral-type air freshener than anything else, and it gave me a bit of headache. I would not want to smell this in a public convenience much less on myself or anyone else in the room with me. I am thoroughly disappointed as well as sad that the legendary Ralph Lauren's name is on this product. I am glad I did not purchase it blindly and only had a sample of it which I will promptly pass on. This is one of the very few fragrances that I would not wear even if it were gifted me.

Fragrance: 1/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 5/10 (Thank goodness!)

on 7/19/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Lovely timeless floral base fragrance. Can be worn year round. Rose, floral along with some patchouli and musk. I will wear this to work, out on date nights. Bottle design is simple with clean lines.

It is by FAR my most favorite perfume ever!!! I love it so much but using sparingly so I save it for evening I go out or to church.

Not into this perfume. Romance is basically a floral scent. When I first tried it, I wasn't feeling it. Wouldn't purchase this.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Romance is a soft floral with a musky background. That's it. There is nothing special to me about this fragrance. The dry down of this scent tends towards being masculine/musky which I do not like.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ahhh...Ralph Lauren Romance, where have you been all my life..?!!? Okay, just kidding..a little!! ;)

But seriously, this is just something I want to always have a bottle on hand. Those tester bottles always reel me in!! This smells just so..womanly, slightly sophisticated, not overpowering, just to me, it is a comforting smell. Definitely in my opinion not a 'little girl's perfume' (ie. teens, tweens, young twenty-somethings, the Juicy Couture market..) but a grown woman scent. Weird, I know, but that is what I feel when I smell this.

Classy. Timeless. Sophisticated yet not too frilly or overbearing or overpowering. Can build up the spray if you want a heavier handed type of a scent. Or one quick spritz. Either way, this lasts for hours on me, pretty much all day of 12 hours and beyond and the dry-down scent is the same as when first applied, which I appreciate and to me that is the true mark of a really good perfume, imho.

I think this is great for everyday, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, just all around a scent you can wear pretty much anywhere, any time of day. Perfect!!

I am such a greenhorn when it comes to describing scents, so I will just say to me I detect a little floral and a tad very tad sweet smell, and predominantly I pick up on a fresh clean smell..all rolled into one..amazing!!! The notes according to fragrantica.com are:
MAIN ACCORDS
1)floral
2) fresh spicy
3) rose
4) woody
5) musky
6) white floral

I really do not detect the woody or musky scent, but then they are far down on the list. I do detect the white floral, which is at the bottom of the list. Interesting.

I also love the sleek, classy, timeless bottle. No frills......just classic and classy looking.

on 12/22/2015 3:39:00 PM

Im sure by now everyone and her mother has either owned or at least tested this perfume...but I just tried it for the first time today and I find it so odd I felt compelled to write a reviews about it. Actually I bought a small 30ml for $20 from Shoppers unsniffed. Do I regret it...not really. Would I buy again...not likely. For the first little while I find this scent extremely floral and I found it classy, elegant, feminine...too refined for my casual tastes and lifestyle really. I figured I would save it but for fancy occasions. A wedding perhaps. Then it softened a bit and I thought hmmm...perhaps more wearable than I thought. Then...bam! Mens cologne. To be more specific, and completely honest...the dry down to me smells like a man after hes been working/sweating all day...a mixture of man scent/old spice deodorant/aftershave/testosterone everything manly wrapped into one. This so quickly went from being too feminine for me to too masculine in like an hour. who? what? how? why? I read about a bazillion reviews on this perfume and there's so many contrasting opinions about this scent...weird weird weird. Interesting...but I doubt I will be wearing this outside of the house

on 8/6/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like it in the begining, I prefer it after a couple of hours, but still, I feel this one is not for me, I don't feel identified by the scent.

I really want to love this scent. I love the notes (in real life those are my favorite flowers!) and the simple, clear square bottle is so beautiful to me. However, after wearing this for several days I have to be honest with myself -- this isn't for me.

I would definitely put this in the same category as Estee Lauder Pleasures. It's very dry and clean, and sharp like Pleasures. There's no sweetness or headiness. But then, as it dries down I begin smelling a very shower-fresh musk. To me, these musk notes are identical to Orange Sapphire by Bath and Body Works.

Again, I want to like this so much it's just not something I want to keep wearing. The main reason is that it just smells very masculine on me. I don't find anything feminine about this scent. It's clean and dry, spicy and musky and once it dries down it smells like men's cologne. I had the exact same experience with Orange Sapphire.

I would recommend this to those who like fragrances that evoke images of sun-dried linen, skin musk, and spicy soapy scents.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love the smell of this perfume. The last time I bought a bottle, the silly SA acted as if it was outdated and I should go with a more modern perfume. Well, whatever! This smells so clean and fresh. It reminds me of Dove soap, fresh pink sweetheart roses, & musk. It's so simple but so lovely. And it was the only perfume I could wear while pregnant. I will always buy it as long as they make it!

Popular Fragrances