Ralph Lauren Romance Eau de Parfum

Ralph Lauren  Romance Eau de Parfum
Romance Eau de ParfumRomance Eau de Parfum

3.9

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a tad overwhelmingly floral. I'm not much of a fan. it has a nice base but loses me with the additional notes. Weird bc midnight romance is one of my fave perfumes.

on 11/7/2018 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I do like this fragrance because it has a warmth, femininity and 'clean' smell to it, but most interestingly it is also very elegant and formal smelling, which I really like. I like it better as it settles in because I find it warms up and becomes more musky and less floral. I wore it many many years ago and tried it again now to consider re-buying, but somehow I find that fragrances perhaps do date, and it just isn't as exciting as newer models. Still a nice reliable fragrance.

Romance was a fragrance that I looked forward to testing because I love Ralph Lauren Safari and had reasonably high expectations for Romance, but Romance is definitely not another Safari. Where to begin?

I really do not enjoy giving any fragrance a negative review, but Romance is a very synthetic mishmash of notes that smell more like a very inexpensive floral-type air freshener than anything else, and it gave me a bit of headache. I would not want to smell this in a public convenience much less on myself or anyone else in the room with me. I am thoroughly disappointed as well as sad that the legendary Ralph Lauren's name is on this product. I am glad I did not purchase it blindly and only had a sample of it which I will promptly pass on. This is one of the very few fragrances that I would not wear even if it were gifted me.

Fragrance: 1/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 5/10 (Thank goodness!)

on 7/19/2018 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Lovely timeless floral base fragrance. Can be worn year round. Rose, floral along with some patchouli and musk. I will wear this to work, out on date nights. Bottle design is simple with clean lines.

It is by FAR my most favorite perfume ever!!! I love it so much but using sparingly so I save it for evening I go out or to church.

Not into this perfume. Romance is basically a floral scent. When I first tried it, I wasn't feeling it. Wouldn't purchase this.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Romance is a soft floral with a musky background. That's it. There is nothing special to me about this fragrance. The dry down of this scent tends towards being masculine/musky which I do not like.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ahhh...Ralph Lauren Romance, where have you been all my life..?!!? Okay, just kidding..a little!! ;)

But seriously, this is just something I want to always have a bottle on hand. Those tester bottles always reel me in!! This smells just so..womanly, slightly sophisticated, not overpowering, just to me, it is a comforting smell. Definitely in my opinion not a 'little girl's perfume' (ie. teens, tweens, young twenty-somethings, the Juicy Couture market..) but a grown woman scent. Weird, I know, but that is what I feel when I smell this.

Classy. Timeless. Sophisticated yet not too frilly or overbearing or overpowering. Can build up the spray if you want a heavier handed type of a scent. Or one quick spritz. Either way, this lasts for hours on me, pretty much all day of 12 hours and beyond and the dry-down scent is the same as when first applied, which I appreciate and to me that is the true mark of a really good perfume, imho.

I think this is great for everyday, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, just all around a scent you can wear pretty much anywhere, any time of day. Perfect!!

I am such a greenhorn when it comes to describing scents, so I will just say to me I detect a little floral and a tad very tad sweet smell, and predominantly I pick up on a fresh clean smell..all rolled into one..amazing!!! The notes according to fragrantica.com are:
MAIN ACCORDS
1)floral
2) fresh spicy
3) rose
4) woody
5) musky
6) white floral

I really do not detect the woody or musky scent, but then they are far down on the list. I do detect the white floral, which is at the bottom of the list. Interesting.

I also love the sleek, classy, timeless bottle. No frills......just classic and classy looking.

on 12/22/2015 3:39:00 PM

Im sure by now everyone and her mother has either owned or at least tested this perfume...but I just tried it for the first time today and I find it so odd I felt compelled to write a reviews about it. Actually I bought a small 30ml for $20 from Shoppers unsniffed. Do I regret it...not really. Would I buy again...not likely. For the first little while I find this scent extremely floral and I found it classy, elegant, feminine...too refined for my casual tastes and lifestyle really. I figured I would save it but for fancy occasions. A wedding perhaps. Then it softened a bit and I thought hmmm...perhaps more wearable than I thought. Then...bam! Mens cologne. To be more specific, and completely honest...the dry down to me smells like a man after hes been working/sweating all day...a mixture of man scent/old spice deodorant/aftershave/testosterone everything manly wrapped into one. This so quickly went from being too feminine for me to too masculine in like an hour. who? what? how? why? I read about a bazillion reviews on this perfume and there's so many contrasting opinions about this scent...weird weird weird. Interesting...but I doubt I will be wearing this outside of the house

on 8/6/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't like it in the begining, I prefer it after a couple of hours, but still, I feel this one is not for me, I don't feel identified by the scent.