John Frieda Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Hair Serum

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Does not work, period. I have long, thin, brittle hair that frizzes crazily. This does nothing for it. I applied on wet hair

Works like a charm on my long, straight, colored, frizzy hair. At half the cost of the expensive serums/oils I have used it works much better and leaves my hair feeling silky, smooth, and frizz-free! I have been using John-Frieda Serums for years and years and this is definitely the one that works best for my hair, will continue to purchase.

To Read all 113 Reviews, Login or Join

I have super frizzy hair and this serum does its job not fully but certainly to some extent. Problem is it builds up in my hair like I haven't rinsed my conditioner while taking shower so it takes away that freshness you have in your just washed hair. It feels heavy and pulls my hair down taking away the volume. A good hair oil will do a better job controlling frizz and making your hair look shiny and clean.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Well this product does exactly what it claims it will, it removes frizz and it does a very good job of it. But it doesn't do much else imo. I feel like if I use this product alone my hair is not as soft or shiny as usual so I only use this when I know my hair is going to have a super frizzy day (very rainy or humid out). Otherwise I prefer to use other serums such as cherry bomb or marrakesh oil which I feel leave my hair in better condition than this product. I also find this product builds up in my hair quite a bit. A clarifying shampoo (I like neutrogena) will take care of this easily though. Gave it a 4 because it does work but I just don't feel like it has any other benefits for my hair. Would repurchase if I needed to.

I have fine, thin hair that gets frizzy almost immediately after blow drying....I know I know you're jealous.

This stuff made my hair obviously smoother. I could feel a huge difference and my husband could feel a big difference. But my hair still got frizzy and it made it harder to hold a style in my hair (both straight and curly).

Also the directions on this stuff should be: apply, wash hands and wash hands and wash hands. My hands were so oily and it took multiple washings to get it all off.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Did absolutely nothing for my hair. I suffer from a lot of hair breakage and it definitely did not help those little hairs that are impossible to settle, but it did not improve my frizziness either.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I normally love John Frieda products. But this was a disaster. I hate it.
I've been looking for a good hair serum and had such high hopes.
The packaging was great, I like the pump bottle. But that's the only positive I have for this. I put a dime size drop onto my palms and distributed it throughout my hair. It made my hair feel sticky and greasy. It made my hair look limp and dull. And it smelled too sickly sweet.
I had to wash it out of my hair immediately. Never using it again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I know that this product works for a lot of people, but it did absolutely nothing for me.

It's a bottle of silicones. That's all. Some hair likes this, but my hair does not. I have curly bi-racial hair that is constantly a struggle for me. I really hoped this product would do something for me. I take that back -- it did something. It did something terrible.

This product literally sat on top of my hair and then I had the worst frizz of my life. Greasy, giant, poofy, frizzy hair. My hair was frizzy, dry AND greasy. How is that even possible?! For close to $8 a bottle, those results were just offensive! Also, I just hate the little pump that it comes with! The package makes the bottle look bigger when there is so little.

I have nothing good to say about this product. Use it at your own risk.

I have long, fine, color-treated hair, so I am always looking for something to keep it looking nice and healthy. I just cannot seem to get the application right with this product. Every time it leaves my hair looking limp and lifeless, not to mention greasy. I do not recommend this for fine hair.

Is this product a joke? It did NOTHING for me!