Yankee Candles Yankee Tart burners

Yankee Candles Yankee Tart burners

4.8

I wanted to just give my views on the 2 'types' of tart warmers/burners, so here goes. I have 10 of the 'tea light' tart warmers and 5 electric ones and I just love them all. In answer to the reviewer who didn't like the electric warmer/burners because they take ages to melt a tart...yes, the electric tart warmers do take a really long time to melt tarts, but that has its own advantage because it makes the tart's fragrance last ages longer. A tart's fragrance is supposed to last around 8 hours, yes? I did a little test using the same tart (Island Mango) in an electric warmer and a tea light heated one and, in my opinion, because the electric one takes roughtly 4 times as long to melt the tart as the other, I got roughly 3 times as much fragrance 'length' out of it!!! So yes, it's definitely worth buying an electric one. Personally, I always have both on the go - a 'tea light' powered one that matches the rest of whichever set I'm showing off at the time (Butterfly Mosaic right now) and an electric one in the same room to get the most 'bang for my buck' out of the tart. Also, having 3 cats, I like to have electric warmers on the go in rooms that I'm not in when I'm burning tarts, as then I don't have any worries about my cats knocking them over or burning themselves because they've got too inquisitive abuout the tarts or tealights *grin*. Electric warmers are great for places where you're having to leave the tart and warmer unattended. Anyway, this is just my two penn'orth worth - it really is personal preference as to which tart warmer/burner you go for. I just wanted to point out that they both have their advantages and drawbacks. Oh, and I pay (usually) £11.99 for my electric tart warmers, as I have pretty generic ones. The look of them? A ribbed, off-white base that's about 2 inches tall with a 1 inch tall, flat clear glass dish that sits in the (ever so shallow) 'well' on top which contains a flat, black hotplate. They fit in with absolutely any decor and are a very stable base so aren't easily knocked over. I know you can get very pretty electric warmers, but I really do like these ones.

Whoever invented tarts (Google here I come) was a genius! What a simple, inexpensive way to enjoy and sample fragrance after fragrance after fragrance. I purchased my tart burner on seasonal clearance and usually don't purchase the tarts unless they are on sale. I have a basket full of tarts, and it's so much fun to sniff them all before I pick the tart of the day. A great tip that may be well known by now: to remove burned wax from tart burner, place in freezer for about 15 minutes - wax will pop right out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Yankee Candle is AMAZING! Seriously the most fragrant candles in the world! Well, in my experience anyhow, and I'm a "candle-a-holic"! They last forever and ever, and have so many scents it's unreal! The tarts are so great! I have 3 tart burners, and I only have to burn one of them and you can smell them all the way outside of my aparment!

(BIG TIP: It's better though to buy the generic tealights to burn them with. Do not buy the Yankee Candle tealights, or any tealight that is sitting in plastic, the ones that sit in the aluminum are MUCH MUCH BETTER! The ones in the plastic are HORRIBLE, they don't get a big flame at all, and almost NEVER relight. Waste of money.)

on 12/30/2005 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know what I did before I found Yankee tarts! I used to buy big Yankee candles that are expensive and I would usually get bored of the scent before it was empty. Tarts are a great solution to that problem! I bought a beautiful Yankee tart burner that isn't "country cute" and it is so fun being able to try out all sorts of different scents in it. If I get tired of one I just stick the burner in the freezer and the melted candle just pops right out. Like someone else said, I'm also making quite a collection of melted tarts! Tarts have just as much fragrance, if not more, than a regular big candle but they're very inexpensive and you're not stuck with the same old scent day after day. If you haven't discovered tarts yet, run to your nearest store and buy some because you're missing out!

on 7/9/2010 12:19:00 AM

I have worked for yankee candle for the past 2 years, and have fallen in LOVE with tarts. They are the easiest and fastest way to get amazing yankee candle smells in your home. It is also super affordable. You can get a tart burner for around $10 and then each tart regular price is $1.99 and will burn for around 10 hours. When the sales are going on you can get tarts for $1.00!!!! I will always always ALWAYS use tarts :)

on 12/29/2009 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love love love my tart burner. DF bought me an electric one for Christmas since I hated burning candles with my cats around. Compared to a tart burner with a tealight, the electric one works much better IMO. It heats up slower, so the tarts last longer, plus, you don't have to worry about constantly replacing tealights.

on 10/25/2010 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I purchased an electric tart warmer from Yankee Candle at the end of August when I couldn't find any online I liked and no other store around me had any that weren't lit by votives. It's not a bad tart warmer but was more expensive than ones online ($15ish plus tax) and it takes fooooreevvveeerrr to melt the tart. When I purchase another one for a different room I will keep looking online.

on 4/8/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

all the tarts smell good and real!!!
Convenient and simple to use, the Yankee Candle Electric Tarts Burner is a great way to add exceptional fragrancing with no mess. Place one of Yankee Candle's aromatic Tarts® wax potpourri pieces in the removable bowl, plug in and turn on. The burner will warm the potpourri to a steady, controlled temperature so you can enjoy the wonderful ambiance. Mix two halves of different scents to create your own unique aroma!

Yankee candle's store online usually has at least a few at a time and sometimes newly released designs to match the season. my boyfriend also has one at his house but his is not the yankee candle brand and it was bought at a cute giftshop. I like mine better becasue I don't need to replace a light bulb.
The Yankee Candle Outlet also has a small nice selection of electric tart warmer's. I am hoping Yankee Candle makes at least two electric tart warmers to match every season or popular Holidays. Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter/ Spring Flowers, Halloween!!! both can use ours everyday left on for a few hours? maybe 5 or 6 at the most on some days. The tarts are so fun to buy! there are sooo many scents to choose from. Really great way to decide if you want that scent in a large jar or large tumbler.
my favorite scents are from every fragrance collection, I really love them all!

Festive
Fresh and Clean
Fruit / Juicy
Flowers
Sweet & Spicy

my boyfriend likes fresh & clean scents. like nature scents. He also loves any that smell like a Christmas Tree! And a Few of the Spicy fragrances too.

on 2/20/2005 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't use these as they are intended, but they work great for my purpose. I unwrap them and place them in my closets and drawers. They work way better than sachets and you have more of a fragrance choice.

on 11/15/2001 5:21:00 PM

This is absolutely the best way to enjoy Yankee Candle Scents. All you need is a mini Crockpot filled with water, or one of those burners with a small candle on the bottom, and you have a wonderful smelling whole house. I use a small crockpot filled with water, and I drop the tarts in and let them simmer and scent my house for weeks. I know that on either the Tart or the mini crockpot that it says not to put wax in it, only potpourri or liquid potpourri, but I have used Yankee Tarts in my crockpot with water for over 5 years now and have never had a problem. The scents that are to die for are: Coconut Cake, Banana Cream Pie, Buttercream, Vanilla Cookie, Christmas Cookie, Rainforest, Hazelnut Coffee, and Pear. These tarts cost 1.00 and last me over a month of daily 5 hour usages 7 days a week. For a dollar, your house can smell wonderful for over a month!

Popular Candles