Yankee Candles Yankee Tart burners

Yankee Candles Yankee Tart burners

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

I wanted to just give my views on the 2 'types' of tart warmers/burners, so here goes. I have 10 of the 'tea light' tart warmers and 5 electric ones and I just love them all. In answer to the reviewer who didn't like the electric warmer/burners because they take ages to melt a tart...yes, the electric tart warmers do take a really long time to melt tarts, but that has its own advantage because it makes the tart's fragrance last ages longer. A tart's fragrance is supposed to last around 8 hours, yes? I did a little test using the same tart (Island Mango) in an electric warmer and a tea light heated one and, in my opinion, because the electric one takes roughtly 4 times as long to melt the tart as the other, I got roughly 3 times as much fragrance 'length' out of it!!! So yes, it's definitely worth buying an electric one. Personally, I always have both on the go - a 'tea light' powered one that matches the rest of whichever set I'm showing off at the time (Butterfly Mosaic right now) and an electric one in the same room to get the most 'bang for my buck' out of the tart. Also, having 3 cats, I like to have electric warmers on the go in rooms that I'm not in when I'm burning tarts, as then I don't have any worries about my cats knocking them over or burning themselves because they've got too inquisitive abuout the tarts or tealights *grin*. Electric warmers are great for places where you're having to leave the tart and warmer unattended. Anyway, this is just my two penn'orth worth - it really is personal preference as to which tart warmer/burner you go for. I just wanted to point out that they both have their advantages and drawbacks. Oh, and I pay (usually) 11.99 for my electric tart warmers, as I have pretty generic ones. The look of them? A ribbed, off-white base that's about 2 inches tall with a 1 inch tall, flat clear glass dish that sits in the (ever so shallow) 'well' on top which contains a flat, black hotplate. They fit in with absolutely any decor and are a very stable base so aren't easily knocked over. I know you can get very pretty electric warmers, but I really do like these ones.

Popular Candles