4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Trying this was incredibly interesting. It smelled like perhaps the best Gardenia ever in the sampler bottle. I sprayed it on and was quite suprised that it smells just like buttered popcorn on me. When I walked back into the living room, my boyfriend asked if I just popped some! I guess this is the true meaning of a buttery white floral.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Other, Medium

11 years ago

This smells nothing like gardenia on my skin. It smells like honeysuckle - a very chemical honeysuckle. If it didn't have that chemical smell I would love this edt, since it had the potential to be light, fresh, floral and feminine. The drydown is no better - it smells like chemical grass. Even for 50% off, no way was I going to purchase this. I gave it 3 lippies anyway because I suspect it simply doesn't work on my skin, considering the other rave reviews.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

Hallelujah, THE perfect gardenia scent at last. This really is like sticking your head in a gardenia bush. It is a little too spicy at first, but once the fragrance settles, there is nothing but gardenia. Just gorgeous. The scent lasts all day too which is great because not many perfumes do on me.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

11 years ago

Wow, this might be the perfect gardenia scent for me! There's no artificiality about it. Most Gardenia scents become tiresome for me after a couple of hours, this one doesn't. I wish it was a little stronger but then my husband wouldn't like it. It's a very fresh gardenia, like when the flower first opens. I layer it over the matching lotion. It seems like a more modern interpretation of gardenia as opposed to say "Jungle Gardenia" which seems a bit old fashioned and vampy to me. I like it even more than Kai or Monyette Paris and it's WAY cheaper.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal

HairRed

11 years ago

My mom loves White Linen, which has gardenia and other white flowers in it, so I gave her a bottle of this and she likes it. Much cheaper too!

About reviewer (737 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

12 years ago

This is one of the best perferred fragrances of my mommy. Yes, she does like white flowers (Diorissimo and Cabotine being her top favourites).So I am kinda doing this review on her behalf... Smells simplicity, clean, and feminine. It smells like a bunch of flowers. It smells very much like her! It is a truly good, mono-theme fragrance. And, who said the cheap cannot be good? This line of fragrances are not expensive but they are nice... Gardenia is one of the best in this line (I have - and mummy also - also tried Lilas, Mimose, Fleur d'oranger & Pivoine). I was scared when - at least here in Europe - they discontinued it for a while (two years ago - but then it came back... for our peace of mind. The only minus is the staying power... it is not the best, lasts ony a few hours... The packaging also is a bity tricky: tall, slim glass bottle, that is somewhat unstable on its own (suggestion: keep it in its box, always) so the risk of dropping in on the tiled floor is high.... Try it, if you like white flowers and a lovely, but not expensive, fragrance.

About reviewer (1019 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

12 years ago

I see so many good reviews here! But this just stank bad to me! Way too spicy! However, it did stay on for awhile, so that was good, I mean, not for me! I passed it on. I do want to try the Lilac one.

About reviewer (242 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

12 years ago

I think this must have to be layered with their gardenia lotion to get some staying power. It seems a bit more like honeysuckle to me also....but what a beautiful scent. Nothing "off" about this at all.

About reviewer (763 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

from

12 years ago

It is so real Gardenia. But it is not long lasting on my skin, maybe because I live in a tropical zone.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily

HairBlack

EyesBlack

12 years ago

i like it is smell like a fresh gardenia

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29