Paula's Choice RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA

Paula's Choice RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA
RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHARESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA

4.2

Not tested on animals

2010 FORMULA: Water, Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), PPG-14 Butyl Ether (thickener), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willow Herb) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (anti-irritants), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract (antioxidants), Bisabolol, Allantoin (anti-irritants), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethiconol (silicone slip agents/texture enhancers), PEG-40 Stearate (thickener), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (solubolizing agent), PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide (film-forming agents), C13-14 Isoparaffin (thickener), Laureth-7 (emulsifier), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol (solvent), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethyhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent), Phenoxyethanol, (preservative).

on 4/16/2017 3:09:00 PM

This product is really great. I keep it in my shower and apply it after drying off. It helps reduce the KP on my arms (little bumps caused by excess keratin). There is not much else to say, I enjoy having smooth arms after years of dealing with the rough texture caused by KP.

If you want 10$, just use this code: https://goo.gl/bdPnHX

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am not allergic to BHA, but I am allergic to Paula's choice BHA products.

on 1/24/2017 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this for about 7 years. I'm in my mid-40's and post hysterectomy. I am on an estrogen patch and I'll explain what that has to do with this review in a sec. Before my surgery my acne was terrible. I used Daniel Kern's benzoyl peroxide, Mary Kay's lotion, and Daniel Kern's AHA lotion. That seemed to do the trick for the longest time. I am almost one year post-op and my hormones have definitely changed. The above regimen doesn't seem to work as well now.

I had originally bought this product for the KP on my upper arms, and it works well for that. I've been using it on my face for the little acne that's left and it has done wonders. I don't know if the patch influences my hormones because the acne is around my jawline which is definitely hormonal acne. One really shouldn't have to deal with wrinkles and zits at the same time!

FYI for the KP, I noticed that although the BHA helped, it was going on a low gluten diet that really cleared up my arms. Try it and see if it works for you; both ways it's going to cost money either with the BHA or the more expensive food. ;)

on 8/24/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited:
I don't use this product anymore as I don't have acne on my body. I don't feel like it is a necessity in my skincare routine at this time.This doesn't change the fact that this is still a good body exfoliant that I would recommend for some skin type.
----

I love this fragrance-free body exfoliant. It works great to clear the clogged pores/small acne on my body (chest and neck area). Skin is smooth and blemish-free. Do take note that it took a while to clear, don't expect overnight result. I only use a small amount at night so this product will last for a while.

on 1/12/2016 5:37:00 PM

As other reviewers have said, this product seems to be a hit or a miss for KP sufferers. For me, it was a complete miss. I won't go as far as to say it made my KP worse, but my KP is now redder and more obvious. This could however be because I have stopped my previous routine in order to use this product as my moisturizer instead.

I will now go back to my successful routine which I only abandoned in search of a complete cure, however I reckon my old routine is as close as you can get with KP. I use St Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub every 2nd day on the affected areas, I have stopped using soap (this was the BIGGEST change) and instead use L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil every day, and moisturise my whole body with Sympathy For The Skin from Lush. After many years of perfecting this routine I think I'll just stand by it now :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This BHA=salicylic acid lotion and the PC AHA body lotion worked wonders for my bacne! I really love this lotion! You really need a SPF after using PC AHA/BHA products though! I live in Florida and the sun really burned my the skin on my back which happend rarely before. I put the lotion on my back after taking a shower and it skins into the skin after a few minutes. This stuff is a bit expensive but you can always order samples first to see if it works for you!

on 1/29/2015 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Originally I bought this for a severe case of arm acne, but that as resolved itself thank god. Now I use this on my face when my skin has a spotty period (blast those hormones!). It always helps a lot, spots don't become too inflamed, they dry out sooner and it helps a lot with preventing them. I use this in the evening before I go to bed and layer it on top of an exfoliant toner containing BHA and LRP Effaclar Duo +.

on 11/25/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG for the bacne I sometimes get as a result of hair products - I seem to react to certain ingredients that I have yet to identify. It smooths and calms down itchy and angry bumps. The price point is not bad at all, considering how little I need. I use this twice per week most of the year, except in summer when I tend to skip it in order not to make my skin to sensitive to the sun.

on 11/9/2014 9:01:00 AM

Bought this treatment cream with the hope of curing KP on my arms. No such luck. I have finished the whole tube and although my skin did feel a bit smoother it didn't eliminate bumps or redness. Won't be repurchasing.

on 10/30/2014 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the ONLY product that has ever gotten rid of my bacne and I've tried all the body acne treatment you can imagine. I've had horrible bacne with tons of clogged pores and blackheads since I was 11 and this helped tremendously. At first I wasn't expecting much but I can finally wear clothes that reveal my back. My skin did take some time getting used to the lotion. When I first used it, it made my neck and lower back itchy but that has stopped.

I did also try this for my face too and it worked in the beginning but then the clogged pores came back. Not sure what happened but I guess it stopped working for my face.