Paula's Choice RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA

Paula's Choice RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA
RESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHARESIST Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA

4.2

Not tested on animals

2010 FORMULA: Water, Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), PPG-14 Butyl Ether (thickener), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Tocopheryl Acetate (antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willow Herb) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (anti-irritants), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract (antioxidants), Bisabolol, Allantoin (anti-irritants), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethiconol (silicone slip agents/texture enhancers), PEG-40 Stearate (thickener), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (solubolizing agent), PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide (film-forming agents), C13-14 Isoparaffin (thickener), Laureth-7 (emulsifier), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Hexylene Glycol (solvent), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethyhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent), Phenoxyethanol, (preservative).

on 8/24/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited:
I don't use this product anymore as I don't have acne on my body anymore. I don't feel like it is a necessity in my skincare routine at this time.This doesn't change the fact that this is still a good body exfoliant that I would recommend for some skin type.
----

I love this fragrance-free body exfoliant. It works great to clear the clogged pores/small acne on my body (chest and neck area). Skin is smooth and blemish-free. Do take note that it took a while to clear, don't expect overnight result. I only use a small amount at night so this product will last for a while.

on 5/17/2016 9:37:00 AM

As a long-term KP sufferer, I turned to this product for a solution. Read on if you're a KP person at your wits end with this.....

I'd been diagnosed by a dermatologist, who basically said this is the condition you have and there's no known cure, but some exfoliants may be of use (given continued use). And that apparently it would clear up with time (nope, in fact it seems to be getting worse).

So I first tried some AHAs (glycolic acid to be exact). I tried a lower strength (7%) and higher strength (12-15% - may not be 'high' to you but for me this strength made my skin tingle so this is high for me). Neither of those had any effect on the KP.

I then tried THIS product, the PC product. It is recommended for KP and I was so desperate I tried it. It did absolutely nothing for my KP at all, not a single ounce of difference. So I wondered why.......

Unfortunately, I think the advice offered on the Paula's Choice site about KP is very misleading and unhelpful, now that I reflect on my experience and better knowledge of my condition. PC recommends using BHA products first, but that's not really right. KP is a problem with excess keratin, NOT excess oil. The little "plug" of keratin (a protein in the skin) plugs up the hair follicle, which can also potentially clog the oil gland, but not always. Even if the oil gland gets blocked and inflamed, the BHA can effectively exfoliate that, but I don't think the 2% of BHA in this product is strong enough to break down the hardened keratin plug as well. I mean, apparently you need concentrations of ~10% BHA to deal with warts, even little ones.

So, what is the solution? I've only found one thing that has made a slight difference, but it has its downsides. I used a 10% urea cream, which did really soften the skin and made the overall plugs appear reasonably smaller. However I don't think the strength is high enough.....but the issue with high amounts of urea is that it can be pro-inflammatory. And KP is an inflammatory disorder. Argh!

As I mentioned above, I can't really tolerate AHAs over 10%, but I am also considering trying out a lactic acid based AHA (as these are apparently a bit gentler than glycolic). But after that there's really no other solutions that I'm aware of.....you need a chemical exfoliant, and it can't be too gentle (ineffective), or too strong (irritating, inflammatory). And your treatment has to be ongoing, and combined with other products (like a good quality moisturiser).

I know this isn't a DIRECT review of the PC product, but it didn't do anything at all for me, so there's not much else to say there. But hopefully with writing this out it helps anyone else who is also a longterm KP sufferer. It's can be very frustrating!!!

on 1/12/2016 5:37:00 PM

As other reviewers have said, this product seems to be a hit or a miss for KP sufferers. For me, it was a complete miss. I won't go as far as to say it made my KP worse, but my KP is now redder and more obvious. This could however be because I have stopped my previous routine in order to use this product as my moisturizer instead.

I will now go back to my successful routine which I only abandoned in search of a complete cure, however I reckon my old routine is as close as you can get with KP. I use St Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub every 2nd day on the affected areas, I have stopped using soap (this was the BIGGEST change) and instead use L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil every day, and moisturise my whole body with Sympathy For The Skin from Lush. After many years of perfecting this routine I think I'll just stand by it now :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This BHA=salicylic acid lotion and the PC AHA body lotion worked wonders for my bacne! I really love this lotion! You really need a SPF after using PC AHA/BHA products though! I live in Florida and the sun really burned my the skin on my back which happend rarely before. I put the lotion on my back after taking a shower and it skins into the skin after a few minutes. This stuff is a bit expensive but you can always order samples first to see if it works for you!

on 1/29/2015 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Originally I bought this for a severe case of arm acne, but that as resolved itself thank god. Now I use this on my face when my skin has a spotty period (blast those hormones!). It always helps a lot, spots don't become too inflamed, they dry out sooner and it helps a lot with preventing them. I use this in the evening before I go to bed and layer it on top of an exfoliant toner containing BHA and LRP Effaclar Duo +.

on 11/25/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG for the bacne I sometimes get as a result of hair products - I seem to react to certain ingredients that I have yet to identify. It smooths and calms down itchy and angry bumps. The price point is not bad at all, considering how little I need. I use this twice per week most of the year, except in summer when I tend to skip it in order not to make my skin to sensitive to the sun.

on 11/9/2014 9:01:00 AM

Bought this treatment cream with the hope of curing KP on my arms. No such luck. I have finished the whole tube and although my skin did feel a bit smoother it didn't eliminate bumps or redness. Won't be repurchasing.

on 10/30/2014 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is the ONLY product that has ever gotten rid of my bacne and I've tried all the body acne treatment you can imagine. I've had horrible bacne with tons of clogged pores and blackheads since I was 11 and this helped tremendously. At first I wasn't expecting much but I can finally wear clothes that reveal my back. My skin did take some time getting used to the lotion. When I first used it, it made my neck and lower back itchy but that has stopped.

I did also try this for my face too and it worked in the beginning but then the clogged pores came back. Not sure what happened but I guess it stopped working for my face.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Why say it cures KP? What a joke. My legs look no different. I have been using this for one week now and I might as well not use it at all. My legs feel and look no different. I will finish this lotion but think I should get my money back if no results. Worst of any products for the price. I have taken pics and nothing. I will update if and when I finish this bottle.

on 7/19/2014 10:21:00 AM

I HAD THE SAMPLE BUT I USED IT MULTIPLE TIMES.
Ugh...This is a middleweight lotion with no fragrance yet it smelled like a mixture of cucumber and dyhodroxyacetone; (just to assure anyone there is cucumber but no self tanner.) I believe it can potentially clog pores because of its cream texture but that is mere speculation. Dont exfoliate your skin before using this like I made the mistake of doing.The first time I used this it burned so bad that my forehead got irritated; my forehead almost never gets irritated!! It's really resistant to irritation but I could not deny the redness and pain ..although I did some mechanical exfoliation before applying it to remove the top portion of the blackhead and my guess is that was the trigger. It's worth noting that I used it again without exfoliating and it did not irritate my skin the second time. I would also like to point out that if someone has severely dry skin and acne this may be a lifesaver for you due to the bha content and its creaminess.