bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

4.3

on 3/9/2013 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Apply the mineral veil on before applying the foundation and warmth. It will make you look flawless, especially for us women of color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I cannot beleive I have not reviewed this yet. HG HG HG! I love this stuff.
I have sensitive combo skin (NC30) that depending on the weather acts dry or can get too oily. I put my moisturizer on and then my foundaton or concealor depending on how much coverage I want or where I am going and then apply the mineral veil. After that I finish off with blush, eyeshadow etc. before no matter what I did my makeup would not last. it would slide off my face and disappear or be sitting on top of my skin waiting for me to make a mistake and it would smear on anything that would get close to my face. After I have started using mineral veil I can apply my makeup in the morning or for a party and it stays on all night. I do not have to look in the mirror once. I am a mom of 2 toddlers and I just do not have the time to sit and apply a million things to my face once a day forget checking ten times in a day and retouching.
I have taken one lippie off only for the packaging. Its jsut so messy. first the sticker in the container that is supposed keep the product in the bottom came off so half my product is in the top on the container and I have to pour some out onto the lid to use it.I also cannot use this stuff without getting some on my counter or sink. I wish BE would change to their new click and twist containers so I remove only as much I need. other than that I will not be without my mineral veil ever

on 9/27/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

For many years, I didn't know what makeup to use, so I didn't use any. All the trouble of finding something that would be good for my skin, make my face look good, the right colors ... I had no idea of how to start, so I took exactly no action.

Then I was bridesmaid for my friend's wedding. Two of the other bridesmaids used their Bare Minerals kits on me. I liked what I saw, and I liked what I read ... the idea of loose mineral powder, instead of heavy caked-on foundation, was immensely appealing.

So I toddled off to the Bare Minerals store and got that 3-piece kit. 18 months later, it is still the only makeup I own. I guess this review is for the Mineral Veil component.

I religiously follow the steps the salesgirl showed me. No inclination or aptitude for experimentation, sadly; plus I cannot ever shake the fear that I'm doing things the 'wrong' way. So: first the foundation, then the 'Warmth All-Over Face Color', and lastly, the 'Mineral Veil.'

The powder feels light and airy on my skin. It seems to brighten my face, and make me look a little less 'made up.' I always finish up with Mineral Veil, and have never had problems with the underlying layers (i.e. foundation or blush) rubbing off. I dunno, I guess it makes the mineral layers feel smoother, less rough. I've never had any adverse reaction. I like, I'm a fan. Two amateur thumbs up!