Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

3.4

on 5/17/2017 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This lovely light powder is great for setting makeup.

You need very little and it blends straight into the makeup underneath.

I am terrified of setting spray as I have incredibly oily skin...and I'm not going to either add more moisture, or use a mattifier and let oil build up under the skin either.

I want to let my skin do it's natural thing during the day underneath the makeup. ive found that after wearing mineral makeup all day my skin looks dewy but not oily by the evening. If I apply the mineral veil just once during the day it prolongs my makeup wear in general.

For me, makeup is all about looking great without disrupting the health and natural response of my skin. I'm not being funny I have cystic acne so I KNOW what 'problem' skin feels like, and I've honestly found a sanctuary in mineral makeup and organic cleansing products.

Mineral veil along with some other key mineral makeup products have allowed me to wear makeup without breaking out for the first time in my life. I would have never gotten into makeup if it hadn't been for my mum and sister advising me to try bare minerals. Enough said!

Search for Ayish Zone on YouTube X

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My skin reacts to pretty much every kind of foundation/powder going. This was my last ditch attempt at finding something that would look nice, cover some small spots/scars and not react on my skin. Within ten minutes of this being on my face was itching like crazy. I had to wash it off straight away.

on 8/4/2013 2:02:00 PM

I don't like heavy coverage, but am always drawn to powder because my skin is so oily. I use a CC cream every day and top it with a light dusting on this.

It's a dream! It stays put, doesn't cake up towards the end of the day or if I sweat and doesn't give you that weird cast you get from most powders.

Would definitely recommend.

PS I have very tan/olive skin and use the original product that super light (almost white) and it still looks great on my skin.

I've decided that with the right foundation, I really like this. I have oily/combination/dehydrated skin, currently with mild rosacea on my cheeks so I cannot overload my skin otherwise it looks dreadful. Over BB cream or better still, mattifying liquid foundation (can't use BE/BM foundation due to the Bismuth plus I don't find the colour selection or coverage great) this powder looks really good. It doesn't mattify at all - just the opposite, but because the foundation is matte it doesn't look overly 'glowy'.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My cheeks are red and dry from Benzoyl Peroxide overload so every day and night for the last few days, I've been doing a new routine: Estee Lauder serum, Aveeno ultra-calming moisturizer w spf 15, Wei East Chestnut Extra Firming Cream, and by then I have not a greasy face, but a shiny face, so lastly I apply Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer. It takes away shine, blurs pores and lines (forehead and undereye area for me personally) and keeps my moisturizers working better by locking them in. I don't use the WE product for firming, I'm only 21, Beautypedia describes it as a good basic moisturizer with no negatives except the high price but I got it for free from my mum anyways. Think Vaseline but more hard and golden. I think the golden color cancels out redness too which is great for me, I know I read one review that did not like that because it added a yellowness to her cool fair skin.

So today, I decided I should try the Revlon photoready BB cream I bought days ago. I applied another one on top of it because the coverage is sheer and only sheer on its own. So finally I ended it all with the mineral veil (which I got for free, I know this is just corn starch and some other ingredients for slip and staying ability). I love how my skin feels with it on. I love how my skin looks with it on, especially after so many moisturizing products (but remember: antioxidants, moisturization, and protection should be apart of every beauty regimine if you want your skin to look its best). I took a nap, it's gone from morning to night, and my makeup looks even better than when I first finished. Everything just seemed to take to my skin's color and blend. And I really think the primer and this veil is why my makeup stayed. If I just applied the two BB creams, I would have woken up from that nap and wonder where did my makeup go ? I'm not a blush girl but I have the BE blush and 5 shades of the maybelline bouncy blushes just incase haha. They were free, I'm sure they would go well over.

on 9/27/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

For many years, I didn't know what makeup to use, so I didn't use any. All the trouble of finding something that would be good for my skin, make my face look good, the right colors ... I had no idea of how to start, so I took exactly no action.

Then I was bridesmaid for my friend's wedding. Two of the other bridesmaids used their Bare Minerals kits on me. I liked what I saw, and I liked what I read ... the idea of loose mineral powder, instead of heavy caked-on foundation, was immensely appealing.

So I toddled off to the Bare Minerals store and got that 3-piece kit. 18 months later, it is still the only makeup I own. I guess this review is for the Mineral Veil component.

I religiously follow the steps the salesgirl showed me. No inclination or aptitude for experimentation, sadly; plus I cannot ever shake the fear that I'm doing things the 'wrong' way. So: first the foundation, then the 'Warmth All-Over Face Color', and lastly, the 'Mineral Veil.'

The powder feels light and airy on my skin. It seems to brighten my face, and make me look a little less 'made up.' I always finish up with Mineral Veil, and have never had problems with the underlying layers (i.e. foundation or blush) rubbing off. I dunno, I guess it makes the mineral layers feel smoother, less rough. I've never had any adverse reaction. I like, I'm a fan. Two amateur thumbs up!

on 10/8/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

There are both positive and negative qualities to Bare Escentuals Sheer Mineral Veil. The translucent veil is good for fairer skin tones. As others have pointed out, you have to blend all over you face or you will end with random oily and flawless patches throughout your face. Also, the photo-shopped look does not last for hours. You must periodically touch up throughout the day. On the upside, because you need so little to dust on your face, the product will last. However, stay away from the TINTED mineral veil. I made the mistake of buying this product thinking it would match more closely with my honey-colored skin. Big mistake. It looks like crushed terracotta. So unless you have reddish skin, stay way from the tinted mineral veil.

on 7/27/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

didnt do anything for me! used it on top of the bare minerals matte foundation and it just looked chalky and about an hour later i was oily. did not help keep my skin matte nor did it really help the foundation last longer. useless imo

on 5/26/2011 12:54:00 AM

I don't think this product gives the "airbrushed" look it's touted to achieve, but I agree that it does keep makeup in place. I agree with other reviewers that LESS is MORE with this powder, and that too much can result in a chalky application. I actually prefer to set my makeup with MAC mineralize skinfinish, anyway, but when I do use this powder I like to spray it with a bit of Fix+ to eliminate any powdery finish.

Having said all that, I LOVE this product for setting my under-eye concealer. It doesn't settle into fine lines and the slightly pinky hue helps brighten my eyes (especially since I use a yellow-based concealer...this kind of warms it up!). I use a fluffy 224 brush, pick up a TINY bit of product, and use a light hand to dust it over my concealer. The result is that my coverage stays in place for the day - hoorah! It also tames any oiliness, which is great.

For an all-over finishing powder, I think there are better products out there - but this is a decent option. I'll continue to repurchase it for my use on my eyes.

on 3/19/2011 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to love this. I even bought the Mineral Veil XL when it was available. I tried it out, I have oily skin but this veil made my skin look dry and caked. I barely used any, and the same thing happened to my face with the B.E's powder foundation. I even used the prime time.

I don't think Bare is for me.

It didn't do anything for me. I'm sticking to MUFE's HD Micro finish..