Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

on 12/1/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just don't like the mess of mineral makeup. It spills. You need to tap & blow your brushes. Eh. Yes, it's better for your skin (MAYBE), yes some natural-folks love it. I just don't. I do like the new mineral-based liquid foundation though.

I rely on this product everyday to keep me shine free and set my makeup! It surprisingly keeps my tzone matte all day with one application. I use this on top of my skinceuticals physical fusion and it works like a dream :) I have repurchased this 3 or 4 times and will continue to do so. One jar lasts about 4 -5 months.

on 11/18/2015 11:09:00 AM

I'm using this for now because I bought it on alot of reccomendations but for the price I paid I wouldn't repurchase it's so not worth the money imo, it does nothing more for me than rimmel stay matte in fact I don't think it's as good, I so like the handy like click lock pot it comes in though and that's about the only good thing I can say about it :/ not a fan

on 11/2/2015 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This keeps me the most matte out of any powder I've used, also it's easy for this to look cakey

Urgh. It's so chalky that I can feel it on my hands all day! This also makes it very ageing to my skin and it accentuates all of the fine lines on my face. I checked with my friend who is a make up artist that I was putting it on right and I was, it's just vile stuff!

on 7/8/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am usually a big fan of talc based setting powders. I mostly use them under my eyes to set my concealer. Silica based powders always feel very dry and heavy under my eyes and turn white with a camera flash. I was intrigued to try a corn starch based powder and honestly I really liked it. It set my concealer, didn't really feel that dry at all and also didn't change the shade of it... maybe ever so slightly might have darkened it a little bit, but didn't make it lighter which a lot of the talc based powders tend to do. It wore great and didn't wear of in patches like a lot of powders do. I was pretty impressed. I don't know if I will only use this as I really love my Ben Nye powders, but I am definitely going to use it more. All in all it is a great powder and doesn't give you that typical white casting a lot of powders do.

on 4/28/2015 6:59:00 PM

I really don't see the point in this product, I have had it a couple of times as part of a set. I know it is meant to go over mineral powders I use medium and I use to set my makeup but I don't see what effect it really has it's just a very light translucent powder which is completely unnecessary! Save your money for an essential product.

on 3/30/2015 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

seems kind of drying on my already dry skin, but it's powder, so what was i expecting?

on 3/5/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first used this I didn't like it, because I was use to the heavy look of other loose powder. However, now I like the light transparent look it gives as it sets my foundation. It sort of gives you a glow. Excellent product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Got a sample of this in a kit I bought and I love it and will buy a full size.

I'm an oily girl and I feel like this, in combination with the matte mineral foundation, does the best job of any foundation I've used at controlling oil. Some oil still peeks through, but it looks more like a healthy glow than an oil slick (which is what ends up happening when I go Au natural).

I'm allergic to silicone and can't use a lot of products because of it. This does not irritate my skin or break me out. I think it does a great job at setting under-eye concealer, too.