Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.8

on 8/9/2016 6:32:00 PM

This mineral veil on top of the bareMinerals powder foundation keeps my oily face so matte all day. This is also perfect for baking your face. There is a rotating lock to control the amount of powder that comes out of the container.

on 10/21/2015 4:31:00 PM

I was skeptical of needing a setting powder on top of a powder foundation (Bare Minerals original), but this combined with the right primer made all the difference in making me look poreless and airbrushed for 8+ hours. On the weekends I just put on my Bare Escentuals tinted BB primer with SPF, dust this on top, and go, and my face looks great yet makeup-free. This is just a really great setting powder, the end. Worth every penny because I want my expensive makeup to stay looking expensive even hours after I've applied it.

on 6/26/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was such a waste of money for me. No matter what concealer I used, or how lightly I used this powder, it would make it go bright orange when dusted over the top. I would end up with orange patches dotted around my face, not a good look! As I don't like to waste things, I do use it over my nose to take the shine off and it does work in this regard as it keeps shine at bay for a few hours. The packaging is also the best I've seen for a loose powder and it didn't irritate my skin or break me out. Despite these pros, the huge con of an orange face means that I would never repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh, Mineral Veil. I've tried to replace you so many times, because paying 20 for an ounce of glorified cornstarch is pretty painful, but nothing is quite as good. Yes, I have tried putting cornstarch on my ultra-oily face as setting powder, no it did not work! :)

Does exactly what it says it will--sets your foundation beautifully, blurs imperfections and generally makes your face look 100x better. Back when my skin was perfect on the magic-beauty-pill that nearly killed me (Yasmin) I used this alone over moisturizer with a little blush on top and my skin looked stunning.

Now I use it either over Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Cream (not loving that product as it is hard to source and quite greasy but it matches well and doesn't break me out) or Estee Lauder DoubleWear and it makes both look a zillion times better. Recommend but jaysus, if it were a little cheaper I'd be thrilled.

If you haven't used it since the Bare Minerals craze in the aughts, they've improved the packaging significantly, there are only 4 holes and you can seal them off (kind of like a salt shaker) so you can travel with it and better control the amount of product that comes out, no more having half the product in the lid at all times!

on 12/28/2014 5:44:00 PM

Am I missing something here??? I find this product makes my foundation look dry and cakey. Im using the original one with SPF, applying as instructed and it does feel nice, but make smy foundation look flaky like its separating. I've tried with 2 different foundations so far, one that is very oily, same result. Pretty disappointed. Ill try it again after exfoliating tomorrow but so far my favorite is by far Revlon Aqua (discontinued)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG finishing powder! Blurs all your imperfections and absorbs. Plus you do not have to touch up throughout the day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mineral Veil is an absolutely gorgeous translucent setting powder.

It keeps your makeup in place all day and smoothes out your skin for the perfect flawless look!

This was just so-so for me. I find that for the price, Everyday Minerals works. The veil is extremely sheer and colorless. I use it as a finishing powder and to sweep away any eye color that flecks onto my cheekbones. I am relatively new to mineral makeup and am not sure I'd have purchased this one if I completely understood the application process.

on 7/15/2014 5:18:00 PM

This stuff is amazing, I have used all high end powders and this one and the MAC blot powder are definitely my top choices. I like this one because is free from nasty ingredients so I use it everyday. It really makes my skin matte and I love the compact version too.

on 3/26/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a fantastic powder to set your foundation with. I have this in the original version, which is meant to be translucent, but I think it adds the tiniest bit of extra colour to my face. The only major downside to this loose powder is the packaging. It has the worst packaging I have ever experienced with make up. The holes are too big and too much powder comes out everytime I tap the base lightly... which means I am wasting product as I don't want to overload my face with the excess product. A tiny positive for the packaging is that it locks quite well when you turn the lid so nothing will fall out if you were to travel around with it. I would re-buy this product as it is fairly cheap (being $25.95 in Australia) compared to other make up brands we have. I would love to give this product 5 stars but due to the packaging being a massive let down I have only given it 4.