Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

3.9

on 5/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a setting powder over my MUFE Mat Velvet foundation. And I have to say, it doesn't do much for my shine, and even looks cakey on my face. I've had it for about a year now. When I do use it, I tap a tiny bit into the lid and then swirl + tap it with a big fluffy powder brush. So I'm sure it's the powder itself that makes my foundation a bit chalky/cakey looking. It doesn't have white flashback in pictures, so that's good. And another plus is that it doesn't break it which is hard to find with my sensitive, acne prone skin. I suppose that's why I haven't set it down yet. Looking for a good setting powder that doesn't bother my skin is such a hassle. And although I appreciate the effort of the powder having a lock that's supposed to keep it from spilling around inside the closed container, it DOESNT WORK!! So frustrating. Every time I stick it in my bag for travel, I open it up and see that the loose powder has escaped from the thing that clicks into place to prevent this. Disappointing, but there's more than enough to last anyone a life time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had a sample of this a few years ago and I remember being really impressed with it. It does give a certain glow and it unifies my skin tone but overall now, trying it the second time, I'm not too impressed. It feels too starchy on my face, I wish the powder was finer. Also, it only seems to last a few hours.

on 4/14/2014 9:22:00 AM

Been using Bare Mineral Veil for years!! I've tried the original, hydrating and SPF. They don't sell it in mya country so i have to stock them up evrytime go overseas. Pretty pricey but i'm happy with the product. It's talc en fragrance free, doesn't irritate skin or create blemishes. My doctor recommended for me years ago after i had a major breakout (first time in 30yrs of my life due to stress). I use it with brush, to give a very natural finished. Use them on top of my sunblock and voila, create a no shine layer but without the drying effect. I never use compact powder so this is definitely my HG. Bring it everywhere. Haven't found any better loose powder that can replace this so far.

on 8/22/2013 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I dislike Bare Minerals with a vengeance. I bought the starter set and ended up not being able to use it at all because the bismuth oxychloride in the foundation and blush made my skin itch SO MUCH. Its the kinda itching that makes you wanna rip your entire face off. It was so bad I used the set like 3 times then I had to stop. The mineral veil thankfully does not have that evil ingredient so I've been using it but I have to say that, like the rest of the bare minerals products, this is a big dud.

It is a loose powder which costs a bomb but functions like how I would expect a mid to low-range powder to perform. I use it over my bb cream and before i put it on, my skin looks smooth and silky but once I put this on (with an ELF kabuki) my skin looks cakey, no matter how little I put on. The powder seems to really emphasize the little bumps and imperfections in my skin.

The only thing I like about this powder is that it gives a nice tan tint to my skin. This is really helpful when I try some samples or new creams that are too light for my skin. But other than that this loose powder is really not worth the price. I'm using it because I have it and its such a waste to throw it away but I can't wait to move on to something better! Avoid bare minerals like the plague!!

on 4/18/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

This came with my Get Started Complexion Pack and of all the items, I find myself going back to this from time & time again. The powder is so fine and although my skin tone is medium with yellow base, it gave me a natural and fresh finish. Unlike most loose powder, that have that 'powdery' effect on the face that made me look pale, this sets my liquid foundation well. Love it because it's versatile, I can use it with any liquid foundation shades & during my less-makeup is more days, I use it to mattify my face after moisturizer application.

The con however is the packaging. For on-the-go woman like me, I rush to work every mornings and you need to spend time opening the lid slowly to ensure the powder does not fall out. It's really messy for me because onceI tried using it in car, the whole plastic separator came off and there's product on my lap and everywhere! Best used at home & stay on my vanity table after that incident.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ugh. This does not work well on my combo skin. I bought this to set my liquid foundations since the assistant at the Macys counter reassured me it would help control oil without clogging my pores or upsetting my sensitive skin. Wrong, wrong, and wrong. My face managed to look both oily and chalky at the same time after using this product. It emphasized what little wrinkling I have around my eyes. And it clogged my pores. And it gave me dry flaky spots around my nose that picked up all the sparkle of the product.
Will return. Will not repurchase.

on 11/13/2011 5:10:00 PM

I got this product as part of a set from Bare Escentuals, which also came with 3 brushes, a mineral foundation, a mineral blush, and bronzer.

Peronsally I didn't like the foundation nor the bronzers and the brushes were super rough, BUT the mineral veil was GREAT! I used it with other makeup (tossed the fondation, bronzer, and brushes). But you need to invest in a good brush for this product and shake out the excess before you apply it.

This is a good finishing powder for an all-over (very slight) glow, or as a high-lighter for cheek bones. It is a very subtle sheen which doesn't make you look oily or sweaty. It is far more superior product compared to the rest of the line.... and works really well on top of other foundations.

However, it's not cheap by itself and there are many more products out there delivering similar results. As I am not a fan of this brand overall, definitely will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I love this stuff! It goes GREAT on top of liquid foundation and makes my face a LOT less oily throughout the day. It's soft and goes on very smoothly and doesn't cake at all.

This came with a starter kit a got as a gift, so I didn't have to pay for it =p. Ulta.com says it's $19 which is a bit much for me so I wouldn't buy this again unless I can't find another powder that works as well as this one

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this for almost a year now.
Pros
- Makes my skin appear smooth
- Minimises my pores (mine are humongous)
- Controls my oily skin a little
- Healthy ingredients
- Does not break me out

Cons
- It has a pink undertone, not great for minimising red skin
- I re apply this about 4 to 5 times day to keep my face matt enough
- Starts looking too 'cakey' the more you re apply it, For me- by the fourth application it starts looking cakey so not too bad i suppose.

Overall its ok, I just wish It would control oil just a little better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Everything from bare minerals makes me look orange.