Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

on 9/22/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this brand because it is suppose to be more natural and good for skin. I got the trial version in medium nor i did not like the finish nor the coverage. Thats too bad

One of my favorite setting powders. Laura Mercer is my HG, however the mineral veil is an affordable alternative. The powder is very thin and feels nice on my skin. It is not overly drying either. I have combination skin so it's difficult to find powders that don't over dry and also that help soak up some oil. The only issue I have is that I do feel it may be very slightly pigmented. I do appear a bit paler than without it.

on 8/31/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Skip this if you have oily or combination skin. It just exacerbates both skin types.

It sops up excess oil (and any moisture in your skin along with it). Without fail, after just a couple of uses, my skin begins to look dry, cracked and flaky up close, and then produces even more oil to compensate.

Ultimately this powder leaves my skin much worse off than before. Since the skin becomes oilier, you will be inclined to reach for this powder more often, which just makes everything worse. It's a vicious cycle.

It also claims to "minimize pores and fine lines". I don't believe this to be true.

It is quite expensive at $23 (considering it is essentially just corn starch), but it causes so many skin problems for me that I wouldn't use it even if it were free.

That said, if you happen to be blessed with normal, well-balanced skin you could probably use this powder to set your makeup. It's my opinion that everyone else should avoid it, especially if you struggle with oiliness or combination skin.

on 5/17/2017 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This lovely light powder is great for setting makeup.

You need very little and it blends straight into the makeup underneath.

I am terrified of setting spray as I have incredibly oily skin...and I'm not going to either add more moisture, or use a mattifier and let oil build up under the skin either.

I want to let my skin do it's natural thing during the day underneath the makeup. ive found that after wearing mineral makeup all day my skin looks dewy but not oily by the evening. If I apply the mineral veil just once during the day it prolongs my makeup wear in general.

For me, makeup is all about looking great without disrupting the health and natural response of my skin. I'm not being funny I have cystic acne so I KNOW what 'problem' skin feels like, and I've honestly found a sanctuary in mineral makeup and organic cleansing products.

Mineral veil along with some other key mineral makeup products have allowed me to wear makeup without breaking out for the first time in my life. I would have never gotten into makeup if it hadn't been for my mum and sister advising me to try bare minerals. Enough said!

Search for Ayish Zone on YouTube X

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff just isn't for dry skin. My skin is "normal" but during winter verges more on the dry side. I used this a few times and it made me look SO DRY (I keep my face well-moisturized year-round). Skimming through the reviews I notice that people with dry skin generally seem to hate it, while people with oily skin generally seem to love it. That may be something to keep in mind if you're considering purchasing this product.

I got this as a Christmas gift so I didn't buy it and have no idea how much it costs. I'll probably give it away instead of using it up myself, and it's a given that I won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product overall. Staying power and mixibility is great. I don't love the color as much as I wish I did otherwise I would give a 5/5

on 4/1/2016 7:40:00 PM

I got this years ago in a Bare Minerals kit. I liked how it felt because it was like my all time favorite the UD razor sharp powder. Not sure if it has a white cast in flash photography but it keeps my oily t zone matte the whole day.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm still unsure if I like this product. I use this to set my under eyes on days when I don't want to contour or highlight (and I have many of those days). There's nothing bad I can really say about it from the way that I use it. However, I've been told that it can break you out and so I never use it as an all over face powder.

on 9/22/2015 8:56:00 PM

Gave this product three lippies because i thought that the product was way too expensive for what it can do. It did set my under eye concealer well enough, but i don't have oily eyelids or oily under eyes/eye bags so I don't really have a say in the matter.

I've never been a fan of the sifter-type packaging because I always feel like I'm losing way too much product when I need to shake the container for an indefinite amount of product, only to realize that I got too much and retapping the powder back into the container always sucks ugh.

Wouldn't purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a sample pack and have used it quite a few times. I honestly don't notice that big of a difference between when I use it and don't, so I definitely wouldn't repurchase this. There are cheaper powders that achieve the same effect for me. Very glad I got it as a sample and didn't buy a full sized!