Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

I've used this product for years.

Recently I was getting a lot of separation and oil breakthrough with my bareMinerals original Foundation, even with a primer. So what I did was took the Flawless face brush, swirled it in some original mineral Veil, and applied it in circular motions to each section of my entire face. This actually smoothed out my skin out really well. Then I applied the original Foundation over that, topped with a lighter coat of the original mineral Veil (using the Flawless face brush again in circular motions) and voila! It last way longer and I do not have separation anymore, just with these two products.

To apply my original foundation I'll currently either use the Precision face brush, which is incredible for medium to full coverage very, very fast and with very minimal blending. Or I'll use the Beautiful Finish brush, which does take me longer to build up to a medium coverage.

on 9/6/2016 9:21:00 PM

I recently re-purchased this product after not using it for a few years. I'm not sure if the formula has changed, but for some reason it seems to have a chalky effect. I used to love it to set my makeup, but now I end up looking chalky/cakey/ghostly even when using minimal amounts. I use a regular powder brush to apply similar to the bare minerals face brush I used to use to apply it years ago. I will continue to try and work with the product until it runs out because it is expensive, but i'll probably go with a different setting powder next time. Too bad, I went back to this because I used to really like it!

Bare Mineral's Original Mineral Veil is a great highlighter to give skin an all around flawless glow. I always apply this to set my makeup and it helps keep makeup in place throughout the day.

Amazing

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me at all. I normally have clear skin (which is on the dry and sensitive side) but MV made me break out like crazy – something I haven’t experienced from any make-up before. I’m guessing it’s the bismuth, since some people seem to react to it.

Apart from the skin issues, the coverage is really minimal and while I look for sheer and natural in both foundations and powders, this simply didn’t do anything in terms of shine control. I also really dislike the packaging; difficult to get adequate amount of powder out without it getting everywhere.

Thoroughly underwhelming.

on 8/24/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I couldn't use this to set my undereye area no matter how I tried. I ended up using it as a very light application finishing powder for my face, all except the undereye. It made my oily skin appear really dry, though, so I would spritz liberally with setting spray to make it work for me.

Not sure why this product is rated so highly. I really didn't like this stuff. It didn't take my oiliness away. It didn't add anything, in fact i felt like it really dulled my look and make me look deadish. Not the look i'm going for.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Had such high hopes for this product. This powder comes off a little orange on me in the natural light. Also makes skin look really cakey. Definitely wouldn't buy this again as not the cheapest product!

on 9/24/2014 7:19:00 AM

Oh my gosh...This is amazing product! I mean the original mineral veil.Before I purchased this,I read reviews on these Bare Minerals Veil products.In every place there were people saying the original is much different than these others(for example tinted or illuminating veil) So I got this Original one and I'm really impressed.I mean when I first wore this with Loreal True Match Foundation in N1 and under it I had Laura Geller Spackle primer,it was a success.My skin just kept shine free an hour after hour,at least 8 hours,and still flawless looking skin.Normally every powder will not last more than 5 hours,and the finish they give(before I've used Maybelline Dream Matte powder which is best compact powder) is different.BM Original Mineral Veil gives me flawless looking skin,best applied with BM Full Flawless Face Brush,with that brush it's easier to get the powder from the jar. The jar makes a little mess,but I can really handle that with this product. I'm sooo happy I got this, 10 of 10 !!

I really did want to love this product but I just like it. The way this product is packaged is not terrible its just easy to make a mess with. Its hard to get the perfect amount of product on your brush as well. The product itself is nice and does the job but if you put too much you look ghosty. I like to use this product if i want to mattify my face without looking cakey.