Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

3.0

on 5/17/2017 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This lovely light powder is great for setting makeup.

You need very little and it blends straight into the makeup underneath.

I am terrified of setting spray as I have incredibly oily skin...and I'm not going to either add more moisture, or use a mattifier and let oil build up under the skin either.

I want to let my skin do it's natural thing during the day underneath the makeup. ive found that after wearing mineral makeup all day my skin looks dewy but not oily by the evening. If I apply the mineral veil just once during the day it prolongs my makeup wear in general.

For me, makeup is all about looking great without disrupting the health and natural response of my skin. I'm not being funny I have cystic acne so I KNOW what 'problem' skin feels like, and I've honestly found a sanctuary in mineral makeup and organic cleansing products.

Mineral veil along with some other key mineral makeup products have allowed me to wear makeup without breaking out for the first time in my life. I would have never gotten into makeup if it hadn't been for my mum and sister advising me to try bare minerals. Enough said!

Search for Ayish Zone on YouTube X

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm a DDD so the tinted mineral veil was recommended for me. I got this with a value bundle deal offered on the Bare Minerals infomerical. Anyway .... this powder is awful (just like B.M foundation) it's chalky & ashy even when using the slightest amount. No matter what foundation applied before it. After less than one hour it makes my skin shiny & greasy looking. How is that possible when my skin is DESERT SAND DRY? Although it sucks as a finishing powder its pretty decent for setting my under eye concealer. Doesn't look or feel cakey/dry but that reason alone wouldn't make me re purchase cause I prefer my Ben Nye banana powder for setting foundation & concealer.

on 3/3/2009 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

On the positive side, this stuff really keeps my oily skin at bay. I mean I have really REALLY oily t-zones and this stuff kept me matte. It sets my foundation, and stays matte throughout the day. It goes on smooth and light, so i'll give it that! On the negative side, it made me break out, it made me look like a ghost, and it makes my skin look really weird/gross. It makes me itch like crazy too. So this shall be returned.. I'm done with BE.... ugh.