Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

on 9/21/2017 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this setting powder. I use it over my tinted moisturizer and I find I don't have to blot my oily T-zone nearly as much as usual. The powder itself it very light, I can't even notice it on my skin at all, the finish is natural not too matte or dewy. No powdery look or emphasis on my dry spots, this does not offer any coverage imo it is just to set your foundation or TM. Would repurchase.

Edit - ugh I'm so sad. I had suspected this was breaking me out but I was denying it and placing the blame on my elaborate skincare routine instead. But after changing things around I have to admit that it is this powder that is causing my breakouts. It appears to be the cornstarch in it that is the problem. This is still an absolutely wonderful powder and if you have no issues with cornstarch I highly recommend it. Sadly I cannot use it. I will be trying some of bare minerals other products such as their original powder foundation which does not contain cornstarch.

on 7/8/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am usually a big fan of talc based setting powders. I mostly use them under my eyes to set my concealer. Silica based powders always feel very dry and heavy under my eyes and turn white with a camera flash. I was intrigued to try a corn starch based powder and honestly I really liked it. It set my concealer, didn't really feel that dry at all and also didn't change the shade of it... maybe ever so slightly might have darkened it a little bit, but didn't make it lighter which a lot of the talc based powders tend to do. It wore great and didn't wear of in patches like a lot of powders do. I was pretty impressed. I don't know if I will only use this as I really love my Ben Nye powders, but I am definitely going to use it more. All in all it is a great powder and doesn't give you that typical white casting a lot of powders do.

on 3/30/2015 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

seems kind of drying on my already dry skin, but it's powder, so what was i expecting?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is amazing but it's not the cheapest. A little does go a long long way. Feels silky and leaves skin looking radiant and glowy

on 11/29/2012 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i always come back to this. its great to combat shine, and generally lasts a fair amount of time bc you dont need much. my only complaint is that it can make me look a bit chalky, i always have to put bronzer or blush over it, so im always looking for something better.

on 5/23/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I hated this product and brought it back to Macy's in a hurry. It was chalky, dry, and made my face look bright white in pictures. Not to mention it is very messy and doesn't travel well. I'd avoid this at all costs.

on 2/8/2011 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

While I do like this product, it isn't anything special or out of the ordinary, as advertised. It is easy to apply, easy to use, and will last, but it isn't one of a kind and is not better than most other veils.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I would say my opinion of this BE product is "Meh...". I am still looking for my HG finishing powder. Mineral veil is fine for finishing off my BE foundation, but I am shining after just a few hours.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using BM for about a year now, and I love the mineral veil. I just dust a bit on after foundation, and somehow it makes my skin look softer, smoother, more finished. It leaves my skin looking satiny, not too shiny or glittery. It doesn't do much for oil control, but my skin is so oily I have to blot several times a day no matter what products I use. The mineral veil doesn't seem to settle into pores or aggravate my breakout prone skin either, which is a huge plus. This is a staple for me now. Even on days when I don't bother with foundation, I will dust some of this on just to give my skin a more finished look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutly love this product! It is very lightweight and easy to use. It can get alittle messy but it's fine with me now because I know how to use it so I won't spill. It leaves a flawless look and it looks like im not wearing and makeup on my skin. I use it to set my liquid foundation that i put on. I have three jars of this and it is very usefull for oils skin because I have oily skin and if oil spots pop up just blot it out and put a tiny bit of mineral veil on it. You can put it on 1,000 times and it will look like yuor not wearing makeup still I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!