Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.6

on 9/22/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this brand because it is suppose to be more natural and good for skin. I got the trial version in medium nor i did not like the finish nor the coverage. Thats too bad

on 8/31/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Skip this if you have oily or combination skin. It just exacerbates both skin types.

It sops up excess oil (and any moisture in your skin along with it). Without fail, after just a couple of uses, my skin begins to look dry, cracked and flaky up close, and then produces even more oil to compensate.

Ultimately this powder leaves my skin much worse off than before. Since the skin becomes oilier, you will be inclined to reach for this powder more often, which just makes everything worse. It's a vicious cycle.

It also claims to "minimize pores and fine lines". I don't believe this to be true.

It is quite expensive at $23 (considering it is essentially just corn starch), but it causes so many skin problems for me that I wouldn't use it even if it were free.

That said, if you happen to be blessed with normal, well-balanced skin you could probably use this powder to set your makeup. It's my opinion that everyone else should avoid it, especially if you struggle with oiliness or combination skin.

on 12/1/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just don't like the mess of mineral makeup. It spills. You need to tap & blow your brushes. Eh. Yes, it's better for your skin (MAYBE), yes some natural-folks love it. I just don't. I do like the new mineral-based liquid foundation though.

on 5/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a setting powder over my MUFE Mat Velvet foundation. And I have to say, it doesn't do much for my shine, and even looks cakey on my face. I've had it for about a year now. When I do use it, I tap a tiny bit into the lid and then swirl + tap it with a big fluffy powder brush. So I'm sure it's the powder itself that makes my foundation a bit chalky/cakey looking. It doesn't have white flashback in pictures, so that's good. And another plus is that it doesn't break it which is hard to find with my sensitive, acne prone skin. I suppose that's why I haven't set it down yet. Looking for a good setting powder that doesn't bother my skin is such a hassle. And although I appreciate the effort of the powder having a lock that's supposed to keep it from spilling around inside the closed container, it DOESNT WORK!! So frustrating. Every time I stick it in my bag for travel, I open it up and see that the loose powder has escaped from the thing that clicks into place to prevent this. Disappointing, but there's more than enough to last anyone a life time.

on 10/21/2015 4:31:00 PM

I was skeptical of needing a setting powder on top of a powder foundation (Bare Minerals original), but this combined with the right primer made all the difference in making me look poreless and airbrushed for 8+ hours. On the weekends I just put on my Bare Escentuals tinted BB primer with SPF, dust this on top, and go, and my face looks great yet makeup-free. This is just a really great setting powder, the end. Worth every penny because I want my expensive makeup to stay looking expensive even hours after I've applied it.

on 8/24/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I couldn't use this to set my undereye area no matter how I tried. I ended up using it as a very light application finishing powder for my face, all except the undereye. It made my oily skin appear really dry, though, so I would spritz liberally with setting spray to make it work for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a sample pack and have used it quite a few times. I honestly don't notice that big of a difference between when I use it and don't, so I definitely wouldn't repurchase this. There are cheaper powders that achieve the same effect for me. Very glad I got it as a sample and didn't buy a full sized!

on 6/26/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was such a waste of money for me. No matter what concealer I used, or how lightly I used this powder, it would make it go bright orange when dusted over the top. I would end up with orange patches dotted around my face, not a good look! As I don't like to waste things, I do use it over my nose to take the shine off and it does work in this regard as it keeps shine at bay for a few hours. The packaging is also the best I've seen for a loose powder and it didn't irritate my skin or break me out. Despite these pros, the huge con of an orange face means that I would never repurchase.

on 3/11/2015 6:40:00 AM

Before I started using bareminerals original foundation for my everyday makeup I used bareminerals bareskin foundation which is extremely hard to set. I purchased MAC'S Prep+Prime Transparent powder, which did the trick but it broke me out terribly. So I purchased this!

Packaging- I love the packaging of the mineral veil, its easy to use, and with the twist design its easy to travel with. I am not scared to drop this on the floor either, I am very clumsy so this happens often with makeup stuff, just imagine what my floor looks like!

Formula- The powder for all of BareMinerals powder stuff from eyeshadow to foundation is lightweight, velvet like and feels very smooth to the touch. The Mineral veil is cream/off white/ beige in colour. The purpose of the mineral veil is to set your makeup without adding any extra colour/coverage to your face. This makes it ideal for setting eye makeup, including eyeliner! With all of bareminerals makeup products a little goes a long way so which ever size you buy it will last you a long time.

Wear/Look/Feel- I put on my usual makeup, BareMinerals Original foundation, blusher, warmth/contour, highlighter, eyeshadow and liner then I apply the mineral veil. The mineral veil does a really good job at making all the products bind together nicely, making your face look naturally flawless.It makes sure that your makeup stays in place, rather like a top coat of nail varnish but your face. It didnt feel heavy on my skin, in fact it feel likes I am wearing nothing at all. I do think that the mineral veil prolongs the life of your makeup and generally just helps the overall look of your makeup. There are also several different versions of the mineral veil, I believe they are.. Original, Illuminating and tinted. I am going to stick with the original, seen as the original foundation already gives me a glow. I haven't yet used this to set liquid foundation. I am not sure how it would do setting the Bareskin. In my opinion I think it may be too light and not heavy duty enough, though the bareskin is stupidly hard to set.

Price- Depending on where you buy it, its usually around 20. Which i am totally happy to pay for.

Overall- I prefer this over MAC's Transparent powder, its much better for my skin. It doesnt break me out, its the same brand as my foundation and we all know that brand products are generally designed to work together. I would test this with the BareSkin foundation, but I am too in love with my original foundation to revert back. If I do decide to wear it again i will set it with this and let you know what happens!

on 3/5/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first used this I didn't like it, because I was use to the heavy look of other loose powder. However, now I like the light transparent look it gives as it sets my foundation. It sort of gives you a glow. Excellent product.