Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff just isn't for dry skin. My skin is "normal" but during winter verges more on the dry side. I used this a few times and it made me look SO DRY (I keep my face well-moisturized year-round). Skimming through the reviews I notice that people with dry skin generally seem to hate it, while people with oily skin generally seem to love it. That may be something to keep in mind if you're considering purchasing this product.

I got this as a Christmas gift so I didn't buy it and have no idea how much it costs. I'll probably give it away instead of using it up myself, and it's a given that I won't repurchase.

on 4/1/2016 7:40:00 PM

I got this years ago in a Bare Minerals kit. I liked how it felt because it was like my all time favorite the UD razor sharp powder. Not sure if it has a white cast in flash photography but it keeps my oily t zone matte the whole day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me at all. I normally have clear skin (which is on the dry and sensitive side) but MV made me break out like crazy – something I haven’t experienced from any make-up before. I’m guessing it’s the bismuth, since some people seem to react to it.

Apart from the skin issues, the coverage is really minimal and while I look for sheer and natural in both foundations and powders, this simply didn’t do anything in terms of shine control. I also really dislike the packaging; difficult to get adequate amount of powder out without it getting everywhere.

Thoroughly underwhelming.

on 11/18/2015 11:09:00 AM

I'm using this for now because I bought it on alot of reccomendations but for the price I paid I wouldn't repurchase it's so not worth the money imo, it does nothing more for me than rimmel stay matte in fact I don't think it's as good, I so like the handy like click lock pot it comes in though and that's about the only good thing I can say about it :/ not a fan

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm still unsure if I like this product. I use this to set my under eyes on days when I don't want to contour or highlight (and I have many of those days). There's nothing bad I can really say about it from the way that I use it. However, I've been told that it can break you out and so I never use it as an all over face powder.

on 11/2/2015 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This keeps me the most matte out of any powder I've used, also it's easy for this to look cakey

Urgh. It's so chalky that I can feel it on my hands all day! This also makes it very ageing to my skin and it accentuates all of the fine lines on my face. I checked with my friend who is a make up artist that I was putting it on right and I was, it's just vile stuff!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have been trying this out as an alternative to the MUFE HD powder. It's alright, but I find that it doesn't do as good of a job keeping me matte, as well as it has a tendency to leave a slightly pale cast if you use too much/too dense of a brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

sets my foundation and concealer but doesn't add any extra coverage

on 6/20/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

BareMinerals is the reason I got into the makeup game, with the swirl-tap-buff jingle stuck in my mind like a chorus! Their original foundation is the best.

Anyhow, I'll be reviewing the Mineral Veil, which I've never touched until recently - I gravitate toward more lower end/cheaper setting powders, which work just as well as higher-end ones. I bought the superultramegadeluxe holiday size of 24g from ULTA for $34 after taxes. That comes to about... 4x the product for 1.75x the price, which I guess isn't too bad. (I don't know why I splurged on a deluxe size when it was my first time buying it!)

I apply Mineral Veil to liquid/cream foundations with a kabuki brush (I wonder what it would look like on top of the BM foundation???) and it sets wonderfully - I give my face a touch test to see if the foundation is set and a slightly "powdery dry" feeling is most acceptable. This powder DOES give off a pinkish-grayish cast, however, and I'm surprised BM hasn't formulated Mineral Veil with different undertones like their newer foundations. Despite that, I love the blurred look the veil gives me - it doesn't settle into pores, and almost erases them.

It hasn't broken me out like a few other translucent powders (NYC Color, Too Faced, to name a few) so that's also another plus. c: