Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.7

on 3/1/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

The Original SPF15 Foundation cracks on my fine lines. So I have to ditch it. I just hope the Mineral Veil can work on me. The loose powder does not crack BUT it has a pinky grey shade over my medium skin tone (yellow/olive undertone). Is it supposed to be transluent for all skin colors? The powders are such a disappointment for me. The only things I can really use are the containers after I dump the powder into the bin!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had a sample of this a few years ago and I remember being really impressed with it. It does give a certain glow and it unifies my skin tone but overall now, trying it the second time, I'm not too impressed. It feels too starchy on my face, I wish the powder was finer. Also, it only seems to last a few hours.

on 8/22/2013 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I dislike Bare Minerals with a vengeance. I bought the starter set and ended up not being able to use it at all because the bismuth oxychloride in the foundation and blush made my skin itch SO MUCH. Its the kinda itching that makes you wanna rip your entire face off. It was so bad I used the set like 3 times then I had to stop. The mineral veil thankfully does not have that evil ingredient so I've been using it but I have to say that, like the rest of the bare minerals products, this is a big dud.

It is a loose powder which costs a bomb but functions like how I would expect a mid to low-range powder to perform. I use it over my bb cream and before i put it on, my skin looks smooth and silky but once I put this on (with an ELF kabuki) my skin looks cakey, no matter how little I put on. The powder seems to really emphasize the little bumps and imperfections in my skin.

The only thing I like about this powder is that it gives a nice tan tint to my skin. This is really helpful when I try some samples or new creams that are too light for my skin. But other than that this loose powder is really not worth the price. I'm using it because I have it and its such a waste to throw it away but I can't wait to move on to something better! Avoid bare minerals like the plague!!

on 8/14/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Have repurchased this 3 times now. When applied over BM matte, it does improve the look of the foundation and extend wear without shine. I haven't tried it with any other type of foundation though. The reason I love this whole range is the short ingredients list, and many of them are less harmful than current alternatives on the market. I love that this is talc and fragrance free. Because my skin is v. oily, I sprinkle a tiny amount into the lid, mop it up with a velour puff, blend on back of my hand then press the puff to my skin. I'm NC20, and can get away with quite a thick coating of this lovely stuff. It gives a matte finish, but isn't as long lasting as Clarins loose powder, and it would be lovely if the packaging were improved to handle a powder puff/dispense less powder.

on 5/5/2013 3:37:00 PM

I just recently started to skip using mineral veil in my makeup process. When i first bought the kit i would use it on my eyes and would apply a small amount on top of my moisturizer. It gave me skin a nice finish but my face felt very tight and constricted after using. I noticed that i slowly started to develop a rash which looked like a heat rash along my upper cheek area. It would only last for about 20 minutes or so but my skin felt very irritated and raw in that area. After skipping mineral veil i have not experienced any skin irritation. I think it is preference in skin type but for me, my skin feels much healthier without it.

on 3/31/2013 7:26:00 PM

I either use this with the bare minerals foundation or over another foundation to set it depending on what MU look I'm going for. I like how nice it looks and that it seems to last all day in whichever combination I use it. The thing I sort of, kind of dislike about it is the packaging--it's messy no matter how it's used and I always end up with trace amounts of powder all over my makeup table. Not a big deal in the long run when the product works so well, though.

on 3/9/2013 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Apply the mineral veil on before applying the foundation and warmth. It will make you look flawless, especially for us women of color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really good powder. I used it to set my makeup or my undereye concealer. Works really well.

This is lovely over mineral powder foundation. It really does give a soft focus effect which for me means my pores are less visible - certainly a good thing! My only gripes are that it is not as good over liquid/cream foundations (which to be fair I am not sure it is designed for). It can cake a bit on me that way. Also in the summer if I wear it and it is hot, it almost stings. I think this is a reaction to the bismuth oxide in it when I perspire (note, not sweat). I know friends who don't have this reaction so I think it is an individual thing. It's also a shocker in flash photography but the pros definately outweight the cons!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I think this is a good loose powder. I use it over (and sometimes under as well) my BE foundation. It is NOT sparkly as I read some people say, at least not on me. It looks pink in the box, but it is transparent on the skin. A bit expensive, but worth the money.