Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This did not work for me at all. I normally have clear skin (which is on the dry and sensitive side) but MV made me break out like crazy – something I haven’t experienced from any make-up before. I’m guessing it’s the bismuth, since some people seem to react to it.

Apart from the skin issues, the coverage is really minimal and while I look for sheer and natural in both foundations and powders, this simply didn’t do anything in terms of shine control. I also really dislike the packaging; difficult to get adequate amount of powder out without it getting everywhere.

Thoroughly underwhelming.

on 7/8/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am usually a big fan of talc based setting powders. I mostly use them under my eyes to set my concealer. Silica based powders always feel very dry and heavy under my eyes and turn white with a camera flash. I was intrigued to try a corn starch based powder and honestly I really liked it. It set my concealer, didn't really feel that dry at all and also didn't change the shade of it... maybe ever so slightly might have darkened it a little bit, but didn't make it lighter which a lot of the talc based powders tend to do. It wore great and didn't wear of in patches like a lot of powders do. I was pretty impressed. I don't know if I will only use this as I really love my Ben Nye powders, but I am definitely going to use it more. All in all it is a great powder and doesn't give you that typical white casting a lot of powders do.

on 6/26/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was such a waste of money for me. No matter what concealer I used, or how lightly I used this powder, it would make it go bright orange when dusted over the top. I would end up with orange patches dotted around my face, not a good look! As I don't like to waste things, I do use it over my nose to take the shine off and it does work in this regard as it keeps shine at bay for a few hours. The packaging is also the best I've seen for a loose powder and it didn't irritate my skin or break me out. Despite these pros, the huge con of an orange face means that I would never repurchase.

on 3/5/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first used this I didn't like it, because I was use to the heavy look of other loose powder. However, now I like the light transparent look it gives as it sets my foundation. It sort of gives you a glow. Excellent product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

sets my foundation and concealer but doesn't add any extra coverage

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Got a sample of this in a kit I bought and I love it and will buy a full size.

I'm an oily girl and I feel like this, in combination with the matte mineral foundation, does the best job of any foundation I've used at controlling oil. Some oil still peeks through, but it looks more like a healthy glow than an oil slick (which is what ends up happening when I go Au natural).

I'm allergic to silicone and can't use a lot of products because of it. This does not irritate my skin or break me out. I think it does a great job at setting under-eye concealer, too.

on 10/28/2013 11:41:00 PM

Mineral Veil make my makeup routine complete. I couldn't live without it. Regardless if i am using bare minerals make up or not, i always use mineral veil to conceal and to finish my makeup routine. I of course, 'swirl', 'tap', and 'buff' a small amount and spread evenly onto my face (especially in areas such as my cheek bones and nose). It locks in my makeup and gives a complete after glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My cheeks are red and dry from Benzoyl Peroxide overload so every day and night for the last few days, I've been doing a new routine: Estee Lauder serum, Aveeno ultra-calming moisturizer w spf 15, Wei East Chestnut Extra Firming Cream, and by then I have not a greasy face, but a shiny face, so lastly I apply Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer. It takes away shine, blurs pores and lines (forehead and undereye area for me personally) and keeps my moisturizers working better by locking them in. I don't use the WE product for firming, I'm only 21, Beautypedia describes it as a good basic moisturizer with no negatives except the high price but I got it for free from my mum anyways. Think Vaseline but more hard and golden. I think the golden color cancels out redness too which is great for me, I know I read one review that did not like that because it added a yellowness to her cool fair skin.

So today, I decided I should try the Revlon photoready BB cream I bought days ago. I applied another one on top of it because the coverage is sheer and only sheer on its own. So finally I ended it all with the mineral veil (which I got for free, I know this is just corn starch and some other ingredients for slip and staying ability). I love how my skin feels with it on. I love how my skin looks with it on, especially after so many moisturizing products (but remember: antioxidants, moisturization, and protection should be apart of every beauty regimine if you want your skin to look its best). I took a nap, it's gone from morning to night, and my makeup looks even better than when I first finished. Everything just seemed to take to my skin's color and blend. And I really think the primer and this veil is why my makeup stayed. If I just applied the two BB creams, I would have woken up from that nap and wonder where did my makeup go ? I'm not a blush girl but I have the BE blush and 5 shades of the maybelline bouncy blushes just incase haha. They were free, I'm sure they would go well over.

on 4/18/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

This came with my Get Started Complexion Pack and of all the items, I find myself going back to this from time & time again. The powder is so fine and although my skin tone is medium with yellow base, it gave me a natural and fresh finish. Unlike most loose powder, that have that 'powdery' effect on the face that made me look pale, this sets my liquid foundation well. Love it because it's versatile, I can use it with any liquid foundation shades & during my less-makeup is more days, I use it to mattify my face after moisturizer application.

The con however is the packaging. For on-the-go woman like me, I rush to work every mornings and you need to spend time opening the lid slowly to ensure the powder does not fall out. It's really messy for me because onceI tried using it in car, the whole plastic separator came off and there's product on my lap and everywhere! Best used at home & stay on my vanity table after that incident.

on 3/29/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm reviewing this, not because it is 100% the best powder for me because my skin tens to be combo-dry,.. but because despite that, it's never broken me out, irritated me or felt heavy,..etc.

I really wish that I could use this, but it makes my skin look dryer than it is...I have rosacea, I am allergic to fragrance, preservatives,..can't tolerate mica or silica, there isn't much I've been able to use. so, with great sadness,..I have put it on my shelf for a bit...perhaps, it will suit my skin in the summer.

nonetheless, it is a find choice otherwise if your skin isn't as picky as mine.