Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Had such high hopes for this product. This powder comes off a little orange on me in the natural light. Also makes skin look really cakey. Definitely wouldn't buy this again as not the cheapest product!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to work and help keep shine at bay but instead BE products make my skin much more greasy. I did not find this to be special at all compared to other products and even though it is supposed to be translucent I do see cast to the skin no matter who I have seen use it. It did not set my makeup well and looked cakey and even dry once in a while. I would need to use a whole lot of this through out the day with blotting sheets to keep the shine at bay with BE products.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is too expensive for what you get!! Mine got used up so quickly too, I had the full sized container purchased separately from the B/M foundation, but it lasts less than 2 mos. of wearing on a daily basis. I like to apply this w my elf kabuki rather than the B/M brush. This product goes well with the B/M foundation, I cannot imagine wearing this with any other foundations, I don't know if this would be useful without their brand foundation applied 1st.

on 2/8/2012 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I use this as a setting powder over my liquid foundation. I have oily skin and use a light dusting of this to mattify my face. It doesn't control oil that well since the product is so fine, but that's not necessarily what it's meant to do. Even used on bare skin, it helps even out my complexion. I know this product will work differently on different people, but at the moment, this fine and light powder is exactly what I need.
Before this, I was using various drugstore powder compacts which did the job but were a little chalky in comparison with this. I dust a VERY light layer of this over my face using a patting, rather than rubbing, motion. I then go over my face again with another light layer to really set my foundation.
...
I have no idea how this product looks over Bare Minerals, but I do like it over my liquid foundation. Some of my drugstore powders were a little heavier, and once they absorbed into my oily skin, they just contributed to the shine and clogged pore situation. I feel like this is light enough that it won't fuss with your makeup underneath and won't make your skin fight back with oiliness.
...
The loose powder can get a little messy, but now that the new packaging has a sifter you can open and close, my pot of powder still looks clean and new!

on 9/13/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Well its not great. Considering how expensive it is i had hoped it would be a bit better, in all honesty the E.L.F Mineral Powder is better! After foundation i apply concealer to any blemishes and under my eyes, for some reason this powder just sticks to concealer and makes my face look patchy and blotchy, no other powder i own does this its freakin' annoying, I wouldnt buy it again will definately stick to my MSF!

on 4/23/2011 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use the luminating one and although my skin is oily, this does not make my skin look greasy. It has a nice sheen to it and it works well in keeping the oilies at bay. I am not much fond of using loose powder but it is worth to have this on. Great product.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this for almost a year now.
Pros
- Makes my skin appear smooth
- Minimises my pores (mine are humongous)
- Controls my oily skin a little
- Healthy ingredients
- Does not break me out

Cons
- It has a pink undertone, not great for minimising red skin
- I re apply this about 4 to 5 times day to keep my face matt enough
- Starts looking too 'cakey' the more you re apply it, For me- by the fourth application it starts looking cakey so not too bad i suppose.

Overall its ok, I just wish It would control oil just a little better.

on 7/27/2010 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I dont like this stuff, its blotchy in application (not fine powder), and makes my face ashy, not only that, changes the color of my foundation. I may try the tinted mineral veil, but I would rather buy Clinique setting powder, its much better. To be honest, I dont think this set my bare mineral foundation well, it made it more blotchy. so back it goes. Im just not impressed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using BM for about a year now, and I love the mineral veil. I just dust a bit on after foundation, and somehow it makes my skin look softer, smoother, more finished. It leaves my skin looking satiny, not too shiny or glittery. It doesn't do much for oil control, but my skin is so oily I have to blot several times a day no matter what products I use. The mineral veil doesn't seem to settle into pores or aggravate my breakout prone skin either, which is a huge plus. This is a staple for me now. Even on days when I don't bother with foundation, I will dust some of this on just to give my skin a more finished look.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am extremely oily & acne prone. This product does its job at mattifying and setting the makeup. I tried going without it and just using the Matte formula a couple times but my face was not the same. I will buy this product as long as I use the Matte formula foundation (and as far as I can tell that will be for a very long time!)

Love it!