Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm still unsure if I like this product. I use this to set my under eyes on days when I don't want to contour or highlight (and I have many of those days). There's nothing bad I can really say about it from the way that I use it. However, I've been told that it can break you out and so I never use it as an all over face powder.

on 8/24/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I couldn't use this to set my undereye area no matter how I tried. I ended up using it as a very light application finishing powder for my face, all except the undereye. It made my oily skin appear really dry, though, so I would spritz liberally with setting spray to make it work for me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have been trying this out as an alternative to the MUFE HD powder. It's alright, but I find that it doesn't do as good of a job keeping me matte, as well as it has a tendency to leave a slightly pale cast if you use too much/too dense of a brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG finishing powder! Blurs all your imperfections and absorbs. Plus you do not have to touch up throughout the day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had a sample of this a few years ago and I remember being really impressed with it. It does give a certain glow and it unifies my skin tone but overall now, trying it the second time, I'm not too impressed. It feels too starchy on my face, I wish the powder was finer. Also, it only seems to last a few hours.

on 3/26/2014 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a fantastic powder to set your foundation with. I have this in the original version, which is meant to be translucent, but I think it adds the tiniest bit of extra colour to my face. The only major downside to this loose powder is the packaging. It has the worst packaging I have ever experienced with make up. The holes are too big and too much powder comes out everytime I tap the base lightly... which means I am wasting product as I don't want to overload my face with the excess product. A tiny positive for the packaging is that it locks quite well when you turn the lid so nothing will fall out if you were to travel around with it. I would re-buy this product as it is fairly cheap (being $25.95 in Australia) compared to other make up brands we have. I would love to give this product 5 stars but due to the packaging being a massive let down I have only given it 4.

on 12/27/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this because of the SPF and believing that Bare Minerals only sold good products. I was disappointed. The SPF worked fine, but the powder seemed to oxidize & turn into an oily mess. I tried it with a variety of foundations, primers & bare skin, but it just didn't do well with my skin. Also, I am not a fan of the packaging it seemed to release way to much powder and it was messy.

I know others love & swear by Bare Minerals, but this didn't work for me. For reference, my skin is oily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got really into using bare minerals a few months back. I used to use everyday minerals foundation, but it has dramatically gone up in price since I started buying it in 2006, and with the shipping charges on top of that it seemed to make more sense to just buy from my local sephora.
I really liked the BM blushes, kind of liked the foundation but I find my face looks greasy halfway through the day. On impulse one day I grabbed mineral veil without researching it at all.

I used it for a few days and noticed a slight difference. Then one day I flipped it over and read the ingredients. The first two? CORN STARCH. The second two? Fillers. I paid $30 for a tiny little contained of flipping corn starch. I used to buy the same thing as a face powder by Sally Hansen, but at least they openly called it Cornsilk, charged about $3, and didn't try to pretend it was a premium blend of minerals.

Ladies, you can pick up corn starch at your grocery store, and you can order zinc stearate and magnesium stearate incredibly cheap online. No joke, 8oz of magnesium stearate will run you about $4...While an entire tub of Mineral Veil is about 0.3oz of product. Don't waste your money!

on 6/22/2012 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and this is just completely useless. I have tried this several times over the years and finally just pitched it. It is dusty and has a scent that I cannot stand. just not for me. Cornstarch? Really? I was surprised by finding that out in other reviews.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really good powder. I used it to set my makeup or my undereye concealer. Works really well.