Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

3.6

on 5/17/2017 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This lovely light powder is great for setting makeup.

You need very little and it blends straight into the makeup underneath.

I am terrified of setting spray as I have incredibly oily skin...and I'm not going to either add more moisture, or use a mattifier and let oil build up under the skin either.

I want to let my skin do it's natural thing during the day underneath the makeup. ive found that after wearing mineral makeup all day my skin looks dewy but not oily by the evening. If I apply the mineral veil just once during the day it prolongs my makeup wear in general.

For me, makeup is all about looking great without disrupting the health and natural response of my skin. I'm not being funny I have cystic acne so I KNOW what 'problem' skin feels like, and I've honestly found a sanctuary in mineral makeup and organic cleansing products.

Mineral veil along with some other key mineral makeup products have allowed me to wear makeup without breaking out for the first time in my life. I would have never gotten into makeup if it hadn't been for my mum and sister advising me to try bare minerals. Enough said!

Search for Ayish Zone on YouTube X

on 5/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a setting powder over my MUFE Mat Velvet foundation. And I have to say, it doesn't do much for my shine, and even looks cakey on my face. I've had it for about a year now. When I do use it, I tap a tiny bit into the lid and then swirl + tap it with a big fluffy powder brush. So I'm sure it's the powder itself that makes my foundation a bit chalky/cakey looking. It doesn't have white flashback in pictures, so that's good. And another plus is that it doesn't break it which is hard to find with my sensitive, acne prone skin. I suppose that's why I haven't set it down yet. Looking for a good setting powder that doesn't bother my skin is such a hassle. And although I appreciate the effort of the powder having a lock that's supposed to keep it from spilling around inside the closed container, it DOESNT WORK!! So frustrating. Every time I stick it in my bag for travel, I open it up and see that the loose powder has escaped from the thing that clicks into place to prevent this. Disappointing, but there's more than enough to last anyone a life time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh, Mineral Veil. I've tried to replace you so many times, because paying 20 for an ounce of glorified cornstarch is pretty painful, but nothing is quite as good. Yes, I have tried putting cornstarch on my ultra-oily face as setting powder, no it did not work! :)

Does exactly what it says it will--sets your foundation beautifully, blurs imperfections and generally makes your face look 100x better. Back when my skin was perfect on the magic-beauty-pill that nearly killed me (Yasmin) I used this alone over moisturizer with a little blush on top and my skin looked stunning.

Now I use it either over Dr. Jart Black Label Detox BB Cream (not loving that product as it is hard to source and quite greasy but it matches well and doesn't break me out) or Estee Lauder DoubleWear and it makes both look a zillion times better. Recommend but jaysus, if it were a little cheaper I'd be thrilled.

If you haven't used it since the Bare Minerals craze in the aughts, they've improved the packaging significantly, there are only 4 holes and you can seal them off (kind of like a salt shaker) so you can travel with it and better control the amount of product that comes out, no more having half the product in the lid at all times!

I really did want to love this product but I just like it. The way this product is packaged is not terrible its just easy to make a mess with. Its hard to get the perfect amount of product on your brush as well. The product itself is nice and does the job but if you put too much you look ghosty. I like to use this product if i want to mattify my face without looking cakey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My skin reacts to pretty much every kind of foundation/powder going. This was my last ditch attempt at finding something that would look nice, cover some small spots/scars and not react on my skin. Within ten minutes of this being on my face was itching like crazy. I had to wash it off straight away.

on 5/22/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got a sample of this in a bare minerals try-it kit from ulta. At first I was iffy about using bare minerals at all, but as soon as I put on the mineral veil I was hooked!!!

I've been using a tiny sample jar for over a month now and I can't wait to buy the full size. I have really bad skin with severe scarring and this definitely helps me hide my flaws a little better. I use it along with a bb cream and a pressed mineral powder and it helps me achieve a nice look.

The price point is right for how great this makes your skin look and feel. I love how weightless it is and how well it sets my makeup. I don't see myself switching to a different setting powder after FINALLY coming across my new HG.

on 3/28/2014 3:48:00 AM

Horrible! I had used it in the past and thought I'd give it another try but this second time was definitely not a charm!! I used it for a couple of days and started noticing very big cystic pimples forming onto my face, which I never get. This product broke me out ridiculously! I would not recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin or even sensitive skin.

on 2/19/2014 3:55:00 PM

I do love this product, but it is a little pricy. Their old packaging was much better. The lock lid not doesn't come off so when you are down to just a few applications left in the jar it's hard to get out.

on 8/14/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Have repurchased this 3 times now. When applied over BM matte, it does improve the look of the foundation and extend wear without shine. I haven't tried it with any other type of foundation though. The reason I love this whole range is the short ingredients list, and many of them are less harmful than current alternatives on the market. I love that this is talc and fragrance free. Because my skin is v. oily, I sprinkle a tiny amount into the lid, mop it up with a velour puff, blend on back of my hand then press the puff to my skin. I'm NC20, and can get away with quite a thick coating of this lovely stuff. It gives a matte finish, but isn't as long lasting as Clarins loose powder, and it would be lovely if the packaging were improved to handle a powder puff/dispense less powder.

on 5/5/2013 3:37:00 PM

I just recently started to skip using mineral veil in my makeup process. When i first bought the kit i would use it on my eyes and would apply a small amount on top of my moisturizer. It gave me skin a nice finish but my face felt very tight and constricted after using. I noticed that i slowly started to develop a rash which looked like a heat rash along my upper cheek area. It would only last for about 20 minutes or so but my skin felt very irritated and raw in that area. After skipping mineral veil i have not experienced any skin irritation. I think it is preference in skin type but for me, my skin feels much healthier without it.