Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.7

on 9/21/2017 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this setting powder. I use it over my tinted moisturizer and I find I don't have to blot my oily T-zone nearly as much as usual. The powder itself it very light, I can't even notice it on my skin at all, the finish is natural not too matte or dewy. No powdery look or emphasis on my dry spots, this does not offer any coverage imo it is just to set your foundation or TM. Would repurchase.

Edit - ugh I'm so sad. I had suspected this was breaking me out but I was denying it and placing the blame on my elaborate skincare routine instead. But after changing things around I have to admit that it is this powder that is causing my breakouts. It appears to be the cornstarch in it that is the problem. This is still an absolutely wonderful powder and if you have no issues with cornstarch I highly recommend it. Sadly I cannot use it. I will be trying some of bare minerals other products such as their original powder foundation which does not contain cornstarch.

on 8/31/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Skip this if you have oily or combination skin. It just exacerbates both skin types.

It sops up excess oil (and any moisture in your skin along with it). Without fail, after just a couple of uses, my skin begins to look dry, cracked and flaky up close, and then produces even more oil to compensate.

Ultimately this powder leaves my skin much worse off than before. Since the skin becomes oilier, you will be inclined to reach for this powder more often, which just makes everything worse. It's a vicious cycle.

It also claims to "minimize pores and fine lines". I don't believe this to be true.

It is quite expensive at $23 (considering it is essentially just corn starch), but it causes so many skin problems for me that I wouldn't use it even if it were free.

That said, if you happen to be blessed with normal, well-balanced skin you could probably use this powder to set your makeup. It's my opinion that everyone else should avoid it, especially if you struggle with oiliness or combination skin.

on 9/6/2016 9:21:00 PM

I recently re-purchased this product after not using it for a few years. I'm not sure if the formula has changed, but for some reason it seems to have a chalky effect. I used to love it to set my makeup, but now I end up looking chalky/cakey/ghostly even when using minimal amounts. I use a regular powder brush to apply similar to the bare minerals face brush I used to use to apply it years ago. I will continue to try and work with the product until it runs out because it is expensive, but i'll probably go with a different setting powder next time. Too bad, I went back to this because I used to really like it!

on 8/9/2016 6:32:00 PM

This mineral veil on top of the bareMinerals powder foundation keeps my oily face so matte all day. This is also perfect for baking your face. There is a rotating lock to control the amount of powder that comes out of the container.

on 4/1/2016 7:40:00 PM

I got this years ago in a Bare Minerals kit. I liked how it felt because it was like my all time favorite the UD razor sharp powder. Not sure if it has a white cast in flash photography but it keeps my oily t zone matte the whole day.

on 11/18/2015 11:09:00 AM

I'm using this for now because I bought it on alot of reccomendations but for the price I paid I wouldn't repurchase it's so not worth the money imo, it does nothing more for me than rimmel stay matte in fact I don't think it's as good, I so like the handy like click lock pot it comes in though and that's about the only good thing I can say about it :/ not a fan

on 11/2/2015 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This keeps me the most matte out of any powder I've used, also it's easy for this to look cakey

on 10/21/2015 4:31:00 PM

I was skeptical of needing a setting powder on top of a powder foundation (Bare Minerals original), but this combined with the right primer made all the difference in making me look poreless and airbrushed for 8+ hours. On the weekends I just put on my Bare Escentuals tinted BB primer with SPF, dust this on top, and go, and my face looks great yet makeup-free. This is just a really great setting powder, the end. Worth every penny because I want my expensive makeup to stay looking expensive even hours after I've applied it.

Urgh. It's so chalky that I can feel it on my hands all day! This also makes it very ageing to my skin and it accentuates all of the fine lines on my face. I checked with my friend who is a make up artist that I was putting it on right and I was, it's just vile stuff!

on 9/22/2015 8:56:00 PM

Gave this product three lippies because i thought that the product was way too expensive for what it can do. It did set my under eye concealer well enough, but i don't have oily eyelids or oily under eyes/eye bags so I don't really have a say in the matter.

I've never been a fan of the sifter-type packaging because I always feel like I'm losing way too much product when I need to shake the container for an indefinite amount of product, only to realize that I got too much and retapping the powder back into the container always sucks ugh.

Wouldn't purchase again.