Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.4

One of my favorite setting powders. Laura Mercer is my HG, however the mineral veil is an affordable alternative. The powder is very thin and feels nice on my skin. It is not overly drying either. I have combination skin so it's difficult to find powders that don't over dry and also that help soak up some oil. The only issue I have is that I do feel it may be very slightly pigmented. I do appear a bit paler than without it.

I've used this product for years.

Recently I was getting a lot of separation and oil breakthrough with my bareMinerals original Foundation, even with a primer. So what I did was took the Flawless face brush, swirled it in some original mineral Veil, and applied it in circular motions to each section of my entire face. This actually smoothed out my skin out really well. Then I applied the original Foundation over that, topped with a lighter coat of the original mineral Veil (using the Flawless face brush again in circular motions) and voila! It last way longer and I do not have separation anymore, just with these two products.

To apply my original foundation I'll currently either use the Precision face brush, which is incredible for medium to full coverage very, very fast and with very minimal blending. Or I'll use the Beautiful Finish brush, which does take me longer to build up to a medium coverage.

on 12/1/2016 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just don't like the mess of mineral makeup. It spills. You need to tap & blow your brushes. Eh. Yes, it's better for your skin (MAYBE), yes some natural-folks love it. I just don't. I do like the new mineral-based liquid foundation though.

Bare Mineral's Original Mineral Veil is a great highlighter to give skin an all around flawless glow. I always apply this to set my makeup and it helps keep makeup in place throughout the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a sample pack and have used it quite a few times. I honestly don't notice that big of a difference between when I use it and don't, so I definitely wouldn't repurchase this. There are cheaper powders that achieve the same effect for me. Very glad I got it as a sample and didn't buy a full sized!

on 3/30/2015 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

seems kind of drying on my already dry skin, but it's powder, so what was i expecting?

I'm not entirely sure what went wrong with this product, but I don't feel like it ever absorbed any excess oils on my face. Compared to other finishing powders, I found that I had to continually touch up with this stuff throughout the day because I could feel my foundation still sliding on my face. I hate having to do so many touchups during the day, especially since my face flakes pretty easily and this is a higher end product which, of course, is not cheap. Maybe this product works better along side the BareMinerals foundation and powders. I used a Mac powder as well as a Kat Von D Foundation under this mineral veil and found the results were the same. My makeup would still slide off my face around the 2 hour mark even with this product on. I would suggest maybe using this product along with the BareMinerals foundations/powder and see for yourself if the combination of the two work. As for this, I will be returning.

on 6/20/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

BareMinerals is the reason I got into the makeup game, with the swirl-tap-buff jingle stuck in my mind like a chorus! Their original foundation is the best.

Anyhow, I'll be reviewing the Mineral Veil, which I've never touched until recently - I gravitate toward more lower end/cheaper setting powders, which work just as well as higher-end ones. I bought the superultramegadeluxe holiday size of 24g from ULTA for $34 after taxes. That comes to about... 4x the product for 1.75x the price, which I guess isn't too bad. (I don't know why I splurged on a deluxe size when it was my first time buying it!)

I apply Mineral Veil to liquid/cream foundations with a kabuki brush (I wonder what it would look like on top of the BM foundation???) and it sets wonderfully - I give my face a touch test to see if the foundation is set and a slightly "powdery dry" feeling is most acceptable. This powder DOES give off a pinkish-grayish cast, however, and I'm surprised BM hasn't formulated Mineral Veil with different undertones like their newer foundations. Despite that, I love the blurred look the veil gives me - it doesn't settle into pores, and almost erases them.

It hasn't broken me out like a few other translucent powders (NYC Color, Too Faced, to name a few) so that's also another plus. c:

on 4/25/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not a huge fan of this mineral veil. When I put it on over my foundation to set my face, I feel that it gives me a whiteish cast to my yellow undertoned skin. Not very flattering. And it's pretty pricey for what amount you get. However, I recently tried the Wayne Goss method of putting powder underneath my foundation and it works pretty well for that. Makes my foundation last much longer than it would over my foundation. I still can't justify the price to buy it again, not when there are other alternative such as Everyday Minerals that would do the job just as well.

on 12/29/2013 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know why I never reviewed this product because I have had it for 10 years. This was my favorite setting powder for the longest time but since I have explored others. It does set foundation well, the only issue I have with it is pores. It seems to show mine more than any other powder and I don't know why.
Some of the newer Mineral Veils do not, so it might be the formula on the original. I love BE products, I think they are high quality and have great ingredients. This stuff can become cakey regardless of what the company says and needs to be buffed in some. It has never oxidized on me or become splotchy.