Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.1

on 3/1/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

The Original SPF15 Foundation cracks on my fine lines. So I have to ditch it. I just hope the Mineral Veil can work on me. The loose powder does not crack BUT it has a pinky grey shade over my medium skin tone (yellow/olive undertone). Is it supposed to be transluent for all skin colors? The powders are such a disappointment for me. The only things I can really use are the containers after I dump the powder into the bin!

on 1/1/2011 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this to set my under eye concealer and I'm only using it to get it out of my collection. I wanted to get the tinted mineral veil but it was sold out so I settled for this instead. I feel that probably would have worked better for me.

The packaging on this is AWFUL. Way too much comes out, even when you're tapping it gentley. It makes such a mess, definitely wont be buying this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I keep waffling on using the Mineral Veil, but I keep going back to it if I want to look 'glam'. There's nothing very 'bare' or "natural" looking about it, BUT it does give you a very radiant look and shine to your face when used with the other Bare Minerals makeup. If you use it with other make up, it gives you more of a cakey/makeup appearance.

It lightens up the face quite a bit; I use it mostly at night when going "out on the town" and/or if I want my makeup to look a little over the top. Again, there's nothing natural looking about it which almost defeats the mission of the Bare Minerals line.

It does what it's supposed to do I guess.

on 5/26/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Even though my skin is not just dry, it's REALLY dry, and I thought I would never have a use for Mineral Veil when I got my first bare Minerals starter kit, I have to admit that this is an absolute must have everyday. I've used various mineral foundations, even though I love bare Minerals foundation as well, and one thing they all seem to have in common is being somewhat shiny or shimmery. And that's where my use for Mineral Veil takes place. Like I said above, I've always veered very far from finishing powders, but this is different. It helps to take down the shine of mineral foundation, not my skin necessarily, but never in a harsh way. You can over do it with Mineral Veil and it never looks powdery or chalky. This always provides the promised air brushed effect.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Mineral Veil is both my sister's and my favorite product in the Bare Escentuals starter face kit. It really sets the other products: the two shades of foundation and Warmth. It also gives a nice radiant semi-matte look.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this because it is translucent and I can use it over my e/s to help the staying power. I also use it heavily under my eyes to prevent mascara smudging and it never looks cakey. A light dusting over my mu makes it look polished without looking chalky (using a VERY light hand) or powdery matte. This is the only BE product I will repurchase. I took off one lippie because it doesnt control oil.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using Bare Minerals, and I'm actually quite dissapointed. I have acne scarring, and it gave me NO coverage at all. I actually liked the Mineral Veil; it did seem to "finish it off". Unfortunately, I ran out of it VERY quickly, and its packaging absolutely SUCKS. I wouldn't purchase this product again, because it isn't worth the price and the shipping. I actually found of that baby powder does what the Mineral Veil does, except much BETTER at a WAY WAY WAY cheaper price.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I sooo wanted to like this product for "airbrushed" skin. I tried it a few times but it left my dry skin chalky and just seemed to accentuate the dry patches and fine lines. I used it over my layers of regular moisturizer, primer and tinted moisturizer (you would think a nice base) but it seemed to counteract all of that moisture. I prefer dewy skin, I just returned it, I am much better off without it.

on 3/27/2007 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

i really don't like this stuff. it makes my makeup look SUPER cakey and accentuates all the negative features on my face (big pores, creases, peach fuzz, dry patches, blackheads). my face looks like a pancake with it on and it really didn't help control oil for me, if anything it just make my face greasier and thus cakey-er.

on 3/7/2007 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. I got this as part of the starter kit and once applied along with the powder foundation I found the look really chalky. I buffed and buffed and buffed but it still looked terrible! Will not buy again because I still have about 3/4 of a jar left! I might end up swapping this. Plus the jar is just big and bulky.